UBC Problems Again? Anyone Else Got 'em?

RDN

Some of my channels have no sound or no picture ans sound or stationary picture and no sound or ....

And the clock is 11 minutes slow.

Anyone else got a problem?

And the UBC "Problem" phone number I have is engaged, of course. :o

Some of my channels have no sound or no picture ans sound or stationary picture and no sound or ....

And the UBC "Problem" phone number I have is engaged, of course. :D

Yep. CNN No sound. It did come back on if for only about 30 secs. Very annoying as i want to see whats going on in Egypt. :o

And the UBC "Problem" phone number I have is engaged, of course. :D

Yep. CNN No sound. It did come back on if for only about 30 secs. Very annoying as i want to see whats going on in Egypt. :o

Thanks Jock and Chuchok. "Misery loves company" :D

Edited by RDN

Yes I am located in Pattaya and me and all my friends have the same problem, started about 7am this morning, and could UBC publish a statement, saying they have a problem on their website..? of course not.

I love Thailand

Edited by kippers

And the UBC "Problem" phone number I have is engaged, of course. :o

I have same problems in Jomtien.

Edited by mffun

Yes I am located in Pattaya and me and all my friends have the same problem, started about 7am this morning, and could UBC publish a statement, saying they have a problem on their website..? of course not.

I love Thailand

Nice avatar kippers, making my eyes go all funny :o

Glad I saw this thread because we had a 5 hour power outage last night. When I got up this morning UBC was badly messed up. Frozen frames, no sound on some, could get CNN/BBC ok. Happy it was not my box fried, of course not happy that the signal is gone.

Fortunately I just burned some DVDs with new movies and can watch something until they get this worked out.

Edited by tywais

We have had nothing all day. NO SIGNAL! Zero! Zilch! And certainly not an advisory or a message on their website. We called and called and finally reached someone and they told us that yes it was not working. As if we did not know that. When we asked as to when the signal would be restored all we heard was Duhhhhhhhhh!

Let's see 2,155.15 Baht divided by thirty..................... times the number of days!!!

Don't they know what happens when three children do not get their cartoon fix in the morning!!

Edited by mouse

Appears OK now. Haven't looked for 30 minutes or more, so maybe it came on again at 8?

"Unforgiven" on CineMax. :o

And Die another day on Starmovies and a reasonable movie on HBO at the same time.

These poeple just haven't got a clue, after showing repeat after repeat of really boring movies they show two good ones at the same time.

The sound quality is crap as well, when its talking I have to turn the volume up nearly to max to hear it and then when something happens like a train in a movie or music it blasts out really loud so I am constanly adjusting the volume when watching a movie, does anyone else have this prob or is it my system?

Appears OK now. Haven't looked for 30 minutes or more, so maybe it came on again at 8?

And Die another day on Starmovies and a reasonable movie on HBO at the same time.

These poeple just haven't got a clue, after showing repeat after repeat of really boring movies they show two good ones at the same time.

The sound quality is crap as well, when its talking I have to turn the volume up nearly to max to hear it and then when something happens like a train in a movie or music it blasts out really loud so I am constanly adjusting the volume when watching a movie, does anyone else have this prob or is it my system?

Yes. And get yelled at by wife every time it happens so have to guess at half the dialog. Believe they do not compress audio (which is normally done I believe) so that those with home theater units can prove how great a system they have. I have the old analog hard wire cable system to a TV set.

Yes. And get yelled at by wife every time it happens so have to guess at half the dialog. Believe they do not compress audio (which is normally done I believe) so that those with home theater units can prove how great a system they have. I have the old analog hard wire cable system to a TV set.

Yeah, and the wife says "I can hear it ok", but really she's reading the Thai subtitles... :D

...The sound quality is crap as well, when its talking I have to turn the volume up nearly to max to hear it and then when something happens like a train in a movie or music it blasts out really loud ...

You might like to try what I have done. My TVs are pretty cheap Sharps and a Phillips. The speakers in them are crap. What I have done is to output the sound from the TV (from a socket at the back) to some cheap PC speakers that have a tone control. The tone is turned nearly full on to "treble", so you can hear the "S's" and "T's" etc. Some TVs also have a sound menu. I turn the "automatic volume control" off (so background noise does not get auto-gained during quiet spots), base is turned to near minimum and treble to maximum. Maybe you could try this too. :o

I did this and it worked:

Take off the UBC box power cord for one minute.

Let the consumer box re-count the channels again.

Voila!

Yes, I tried that a few times.

I have been watching the football all evening and most of the footage was awfully bitmapped (out of focus).

Anyone else experience this?

Cheers

TP

Yes, some channels' video is crap!

My DSTV was on and off for a while.... now it's fine and I have all the platinum channels on my gold subscription, guess it wont last, but I hope it will till the end of the month as I've canceled.

Secondly, on Channel 71 (PPV1) the TV Program Guide schedule function says The Ashes is gonna be televised. (or do I have to pay extra for this... how do I do it?) I hope it's on, love to see the Aussies finish off the poms.

I did this and it worked:

Take off the UBC box power cord for one minute.

Let the consumer box re-count the channels again.

Voila!

Ours has been out for 24 hours (E64). Just now did what george suggested and it's back to normal. Why don't the dimwits at UBC tell you this? TiT. :o

No sound at all on HBO and heavy distortion on all the other UBC channels I've tried, especially BBC Prime which is usually excellent.

Tried disconnecting the power cord, taking out and cleaning the decoder card and then reconnecting the power, but no improvement with the fresh download.

UBC showed a announcement card yesterday morning saying there were having satellite problems, but it was gone before I could read it all. Thought it might have been a bad solar flare. There's also intermittent rainfade to complicate things. This has been going on for 24 hours now. Gave me a chance to catch up on DVDs, recent copies of Private Eye and practise the dying art of conversation.