A/C In Thailand

Hi To give a little understanding of my A/Cs I have 4 and in my opinion they all need gas.

I am not an ac, person but when i owned my house in the west every year i would get the ac and furnace checked and somtimes it required Gas for the AC.

So they moved my ACs from my old house to the renovated house, it has had one there for Ten years. told my wife they need gas.

when the AC person cam to relocate the others and service them he had no gas and said they were good.

WERE CAN I GET AN AC contractor just to come and put some gas in my units for me,and not walk in and turn it on and say it is good see

On one the high side was only showing 90psi and was told by a RT at home that it is way to low and the efficency would be down because the gas was to low.

Not saying that my friend knows every thing but he did serve a 5 year apprentship and does seem to understand, so he gave me a set of guages to take back with me to check them my self,,

thanks

Smaller A/C units typically have about a 1:3 compression ratio. 90 psi on the high side is too low. You could be low on Freon, or the compressor is damaged and the pressure is equalizing...little to no compression. Try adding Freon. The low side should be about 50-70 psi and the high side 175-200 psi. if you need to replace the compressor, make sure the service people install a new filter/dryer and vacuum the unit before charging. Make a quick check that the evaporator and condensor coils are clean.

Smaller A/C units typically have about a 1:3 compression ratio. 90 psi on the high side is too low. You could be low on Freon, or the compressor is damaged and the pressure is equalizing...little to no compression. Try adding Freon. The low side should be about 50-70 psi and the high side 175-200 psi. if you need to replace the compressor, make sure the service people install a new filter/dryer and vacuum the unit before charging. Make a quick check that the evaporator and condensor coils are clean.

Do you know about the Amperage of the units, the tech put on his amp-meter and said it was at6.8 and the unit rating plate says 7amp ,,,and when they put in gas do they put in from the high side? .And all the a/c seem to be reading about 90 to 110 psi, when they were moved I am sure they lost gas from removing them, and the fill point the a/c teach said the connection point to fill they didnt have on the a/c

sorry to ask all theses questions just trying to get an understanding thanks for the feed back

It would help to know where in Thailand you are...

Sorry ..guess helps to know were i live,of Rattan a Tibet rd Nontaburi

Sorry, I don't know that area, I have phone number for someone in my area of Phuket. Good luck with finding someone reliable. I know it's hard sometimes...