Poipet Nightmare Update

If you live in or around Pattaya, forget Poipet. I have just discovered an excellent visa run to PROM or PONG NAM RON (same place.

Left Pattaya Soi 13 after a hearty full English breakfast, two fried eggs, three rashers of delicious bacon, black pudding, genuine Cumberland sausage, fried tomatoes, mushrooms, hash browns, baked beans, kidneys and two slices of proper toast, all washed down with a full pot of Yorkshire tea, piping hot with milk and sugar available. Napkins provided were 100% linen, toothpicks were elm, place mats were unstained; and table service was cheerful and discreet at 0630 hours.

We disembarked at 0712 hours and arrived at the border at 1019 hours. The border was deserted and there were no beggars; not one! The visa process for the six of us 'Pattaya dwellers' took just 26 minutes, during this time we sat at a table and drank complimentary tea or coffee provided by the hostess. There was no queue, we left it all to the 'fixer'. A toothless, giggling Cambodian gentleman was nearby selling cheap cigarettes.

We boarded the bus at 1052 and were given a tray of food (from a cool box); two

delicious ham and cheese sandwiches, excellent bread, a potato salad, a hard boiled egg; (yellow not black), a bag of crisps, a fruit salad and a slice of Jamaican ginger cake. A 500ml bottle of water was also provided.

There are clean, free toilets at the border.

We arrived back at Pattaya at exactly 1416 a trip lasting 7 hours and 4 minutes.

On board the bus, four movies were shown; I watched just one: 'I Robot' which was excellent viewing.

I cannot name the company who arranges the above said visa run, but anyone with an ounze of gumption will find the bar. Cost 2400 baht. Fantastic!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The timestamp on the first one is 7:04. Wednesday, July 27, 2005, 7:04:32 AM to be precise. Just after we left. its got a rather recognizable landmark, so you know where I am. These were taken from the bus, en route. You ought to be able to acertain my position, on the top deck of the bus, from photo number 2 ....Wednesday, July 27, 2005, 7:04:58 AM

Number 3 is just after we got in line. Sincere apologies to anyone pictured who doesn't want to be. I'll remove it if so, but if you are reading the threa, please let the good people calling me a liar know what time you got back. Anyway, the timestamp says Wednesday, "July 27, 2005, 10:22:54 AM"

Number 4, you can see the clock behind the wall. I'm almost to the front of the line 37 minutes later. Wednesday, July 27, 2005, 10:49:34 AM

Number 5, I'm about to eat lunch. Wednesday, July 27, 2005, 11:03:34 AM

post-9945-1123684798_thumb.jpg

post-9945-1123684917_thumb.jpg

post-9945-1123685378_thumb.jpg

post-9945-1123685514_thumb.jpg

post-9945-1123686012_thumb.jpg

Edited by drummer

Postus interruptus. Anyway ....

Number 6, finished lunch. You may recognize this fellow as a JG's staff. Again, sorry for any unauthorized posting. Wednesday, July 27, 2005, 11:49:50 AM

Number 7, in line at the Arrivals section. Wednesday, July 27, 2005, 12:06:00 PM

Number 8, Left already with the bus. You can see the reflection of the seat in the window in this one. Wednesday, July 27, 2005, 12:38:22 PM

In short, I ain't lying.

post-9945-1123686823_thumb.jpg

post-9945-1123686909_thumb.jpg

post-9945-1123686989_thumb.jpg

How is this, dude? As good or better than be4? I've heard countless negative accts of horror trips of late and 1 count it, 1 positive trip. the nays have it. next

Apparantly you haven't been following ... I'm not the only one reporting an early return time.

Also, you seem to be unfamiliar with the tendancy of forum posts to skew widely toward the pissed off ... And you are using your own ignorance to devine that I'm lying. Get over it.

Edited by drummer

How is this, dude? As good or better than be4? I've heard countless negative accts of horror trips of late and 1 count it, 1 positive trip. the nays have it. next

Apparantly you haven't been following ... I'm not the only one reporting an early return time.

Also, you seem to be unfamiliar with the tendancy of forum posts to skew widely toward the pissed off ... And you are using your own ignorance to devine that I'm lying. Get over it.

Khun Drummer, no more unnecessary explanation, the more you do, the worse you get. That was the only positive story about JG that I ever heard recently. Remember, silence is golden.

Khun Drummer, no more unnecessary explanation, the more you do, the worse you get. That was the only positive story about JG that I ever heard recently. Remember, silence is golden.

You obviously cannot read Roobar. Refer to my post earlier in this thread.

I was with JG on Monday of this week and it was a good run. No issues for me. Take off the blinkers mate.

I was with JG on Monday of this week and it was a good run. No issues for me. Take off the blinkers mate.

you are that queue fetish guy, I forgot about you. You didn't pay that 2 days overstay, the evidence still in your passport, last stamp exp on Saturday and you left Thailand on Monday, you cheated imigration man, didn't tell him, better lose your passport...........

you are that queue fetish guy, I forgot about you. You didn't pay that 2 days overstay, the evidence still in your passport, last stamp exp on Saturday and you left Thailand on Monday, you cheated imigration man, didn't tell him, better lose your passport...........

Ha! Yeah - that's me. Plenty of fetish's and queues aint one!

Nah mate - no cheating happening here. Honest mistake on both our behalfs. I'll not be losing any sleep.

And yes - I WILL BE USING JACK'S GOLF IN 90 DAYS. :o

Nah mate - no cheating happening here. Honest mistake on both our behalfs. I'll not be losing any sleep.

And yes - I WILL BE USING JACK'S GOLF IN 90 DAYS. 

**offensive and idiotic language by previous poster deleted**

You fellas are a joke. Or is there just one joker here using multiple nicknames?? :o

What do you mean get caught? I handed my passport over, the immigration guy inspected and stamped and it was also checked on my re-entry? Where's the issue?

Just accept that JG's offer a GOOD SERVICE that SUITS A LOT OF PEOPLE. Get it?

Edited by cdnvic

You fellas are a joke. Or is there just one joker here using multiple nicknames?? :D

What do you mean get caught? I handed my passport over, the immigration guy inspected and stamped and it was also checked on my re-entry? Where's the issue?

Just accept that JG's offer a GOOD SERVICE that SUITS A LOT OF PEOPLE. Get it?

Ha! This is getting even funnier!! :o

The question of trust being raised by you or your alter ego simply cracks me up!

Keep 'em coming... :D

**obscene language led to a quote being deleted from this post**

Edited by cdnvic

Stupid xxxx, you might get caught next time. BTW, honest mistake means You didn't know you had overstay, did you know?

I think it's time you went to your room and did your homework Shenanigan.

Start by studying the forum "rules of engagement". :o

Edited by udon

I need to make a visa run soon. The JG bus is very convenient locationwise for me, however I have nightmares about long queues compounded if they are in the hot sun. Perhaps some people have had some success moving thru quickly. I'm not willing to gamble that I won't be standing in lines for a while. Queues really massively irritate me. I'd rather travel a few extra hours round trip then stand in them. Good debate going on here though

Stupid xxxx, you might get caught next time. BTW, honest mistake means You didn't know you had overstay, did you know?

I think it's time you went to your room and did your homework Shenanigan.

Start by studying the forum "rules of engagement". :o

Fair enough, rule is rule, can’t argue about that.

But I still can’t trust that guy who ever cheated the immigration bloke for his 2 days overstay.

I have a friend who works in a bar on Soi Cowboy, he went through Poipet 6 times with Jack Golf last year successfully, the 7th he got caught, 18 days in jail down Sakaeo province. He had an irregular stamp in his passport. That teaches us, whenever you have an irregular stamp in your passport, just lose the book. Visa exp. on Saturday and out Thailand on Monday without paying any overstays, that is extremely irregular.

So, you've come back by adding an "s" to your name, not a smart move.

I asked you in another thread if you were 17 or 18, perhaps you could answer the Q here....

I've never seen such immature posts in 5 years on this forum or your foul language.

Have a nice holiday :o

...on 12th (holiday!) I will go to Poipet (with my car) for my visa run..I'm really curious....I plan to be there early early morning...I will post here about it.

Make my visa run on 11th...I was there 3pm...literally noone was standing in line on exit from Thailand but IN and ON from Cambodia and particularly on entry in Thailand was a long waiting.

Regarding Cambodia, if you pay 300bath you have only to wait 10 minutes...police will do everything for you (don't matter how many people there are).

As ive almost 400 posts no a broad variety of topics here, and you are still in the single digits, all concerning with JG's poor service, I'm starting to think YOU are working for the competition.

I did a Jack's Golf run today - had me back at the MRT by 4:30pm. As Drummer suggested, the key change is that we do the queing ourselves but otherwise it was an uneventful day. Even my 2 day overstay got overlooked!

IMHO Jack's Golf are doing the best they can in changing surrounds. I'll use them in 90 days.

Didn't have to pay for your overstay? I find that hard to believe!

And as Roobar is saying, it sounds like you are working for them.

Roobar was saying *I* was working for them. And I did have to pay for my overstay.

I need to make a visa run soon. The JG bus is very convenient locationwise for me, however I have nightmares about long queues compounded if they are in the hot sun. Perhaps some people have had some success moving thru quickly. I'm not willing to gamble that I won't be standing in lines for a while. Queues really massively irritate me. I'd rather travel a few extra hours round trip then stand in them. Good debate going on here though

Poipet probably isn't for you, then. I did have to wait in line for over an hour total, although the total trip time was about the same as before.

Apparently there are some other services that go to Pongnamron border, there is no queue there, and the border is tiny.

Just arrived back from PNR.

Thai side had 3 Thais in front of me.

Cambodia visa office and then the stamping office, I was the only one there.

Back at Thai imm, one Thai in front of me just recieving back his passport.

Time taken from queueing at Thai imm to returning back at the office and receiving my passport, 11 mins.

If you don't like queues at Poipet, try somewhere else.

If you don't like one particular visa service, try someone else. :o

Forget to clarify. I did the run yesterday (15th) and arrived at PNR at 11:49am.

Spent the night in Chachangsao on return leg.

Edited by Gazza

the latest on jackgolf....

I did the border run today. took the 5:30am bus and returned at about 2pm.

it's back to normal now, guys.

you don't have to do the line up routine on the thai side anymore. it's back to the way it was before the recent change.

noticed 2 things...

the bus had only about 10 people on it. and the all-you-can-eat buffet has improved. yes, you heard me right. the food was better. much better than in all my previous trips.

included on the menu were cream potatos with ham slices, curry chicken, tofu with vegetables, stir-fried green beans with soy beans, chicken fried rice. didn't see any fish head soup this time. it was winter melon soup ala chinese style.

movies that they showed include hitch, camp dread, heaven on earth, and part of 7 seconds.

and to the audience in the back....

no, I do not work for jack golf. hehehe.

i took the government VIP bus from morchit round trip to aranyaprathet yesterday and it was a breeze- in and out at the border in a few mins and i wasn't even forced to pay the illegal extortionate fees in cambodia that usually are intimidated out of me when i return to thailand in the same day.

i took the government VIP bus from morchit round trip to aranyaprathet yesterday and it was a breeze- in and out at the border in a few mins and i wasn't even forced to pay the illegal extortionate fees in cambodia that usually are intimidated out of me when i return to thailand in the same day.

I had the same recent experience, it was a breeze, but I heard everybody on here say it was a nightmare. Barely any queueing, no hassle at the border, maybe 1500-1600 baht for the whole trip, everything cool.