Buying Big Bikes From Dealers

furyrider

I have been reading some of the topics about bike emissions and registering them and am more confused now then when I started.

Next month I want to get one of the bikes that I see at RedBarron Bangkok. I live in the Udon area.

I wanted to know how much the dealer or RedBarron will do as fare as getting the bike legal and will he be able to register it in the Udon area. I have read in some threads about limitations with big bikes and have no Idea what they are talking about.

What is the whole process from laying the cash out to ridding it fully legal????

The Insurance company that I have for our Pickup will also cover bikes and they have been real good to us ( my wife has personally tested them 4 times last year)

I personally would not buy a bike without a legal book now. They will tell you they can get you a book after purchase but whether or not they actually do is another matter. If you see a bike you like insist they obtain the book before you hand over any money. If getting a book is as easy as they say it is then they will go with the deal. There are plenty of bikes about that are fully legal so I would look for one that comes with all the paperwork and save yourself a whole heap of trouble and added costs

I personally would not buy a bike without a legal book now. They will tell you they can get you a book after purchase but whether or not they actually do is another matter. If you see a bike you like insist they obtain the book before you hand over any money. If getting a book is as easy as they say it is then they will go with the deal. There are plenty of bikes about that are fully legal so I would look for one that comes with all the paperwork and save yourself a whole heap of trouble and added costs

Ok If they have the new book for the bike dose that mean that it has passed emissions?? This is a brand new 2010 honda.

If they have the book what is the next step??

Ok If they have the new book for the bike dose that mean that it has passed emissions?? This is a brand new 2010 honda.

If they have the book what is the next step??

If they have the book,,,, drive and enjoy BUT go with them and check the book when you get the numberplate

Red Baron are one of the more reputable dealers around Bangkok. I'm pretty sure that everything they do is legal when it comes to selling 2nd hand bikes. (or new imports even)

Good that is what I have been told about Red Baron. I guess that I just need to stop reading so many post about bikes registrations and the awful new emissions testing that big bikes can't pass.

Yes Red Baron are reputable. BUT how long will it take to get your book? As far as i know there is only ONE grey importer that ensures they have a fully legal book BEFORE sale and thats 

http://www.pattayasuperbikes.com/

I would ask the question at Red Baron. How long for the green book and if they say 1 week. oK. jUST COLLECT THE BIKE 1 WEEK LATER

IF THEY SAY 3 mths + then withhold 120,000b until ya get the book. 

Red Baron are one of the more reputable dealers around Bangkok. I'm pretty sure that everything they do is legal when it comes to selling 2nd hand bikes. (or new imports even)

Good that is what I have been told about Red Baron. I guess that I just need to stop reading so many post about bikes registrations and the awful new emissions testing that big bikes can't pass.

Hard to tell by your post if Red Baron has gone ahead and registered the bike already. Can you clarify? This is a new bike, probably a Honda Fury. Right? The bike must be able to pass Euro emission minimum standards which is stricter than California, USA. Normally a registered importer will have received permission to bring in specific models that the Thai government has been shown pass the emission standards before they can bring any in. Is Red Baron going to be the importer for Honda? If all goes well, the bike will be registered in Bangkok then you will have to transfer the book to Udon yourself.

Hard to tell by your post if Red Baron has gone ahead and registered the bike already. Can you clarify? This is a new bike, probably a Honda Fury. Right? The bike must be able to pass Euro emission minimum standards which is stricter than California, USA. Normally a registered importer will have received permission to bring in specific models that the Thai government has been shown pass the emission standards before they can bring any in. Is Red Baron going to be the importer for Honda? If all goes well, the bike will be registered in Bangkok then you will have to transfer the book to Udon yourself.

I am not sure if they have registered it yet. And yes it is the Fury that I want. From what I understand they are going to be the Honda fury dealer and will continue them in stock. However all this is based on what I have been told on different forums. I am in Iraq at the moment and won't be in Bangkok until the 25th of Oct then I will talk to them. I just need to know what I am looking for so I don't walk into a night mare.

Hi xray. Have you got anymore info on this..... awful new emissions testing that big bikes can't pass...... Sounds nasty.

Only the following have had governments approval for imports

BMW, Yamaha, Triumph, Kawasaki, Harley davidson

The rest are approved one by one. To pass the tests they need to be moded. Mods are then usually removed before delivered to customer. Or they pay to pass the test

Only the following have had governments approval for imports

BMW, Yamaha, Triumph, Kawasaki, Harley davidson

The rest are approved one by one. To pass the tests they need to be moded. Mods are then usually removed before delivered to customer. Or they pay to pass the test

Ducati ??

Suzuki (Gladius)

Chinese ones, the fly 150 ?? Etc..

Stallion..

Fly150

Lifan (lots of models)

SYN from Taiwan

Theres a whole bunch of these whose names escape me, but with the pricing I cant see them being non homogelated. I passed a bunch of scoots with designs I hadnt seen before today up north here, assume chinese imports and plated, at the price they sell they simply cant be individually 30k tested.

Stallion..

Fly150

Lifan (lots of models)

SYN from Taiwan

Theres a whole bunch of these whose names escape me, but with the pricing I cant see them being non homogelated. I passed a bunch of scoots with designs I hadnt seen before today up north here, assume chinese imports and plated, at the price they sell they simply cant be individually 30k tested.

agree, I was thinking bikes above 250cc since thats where the taxes really kick in

Stallion..

Fly150

Lifan (lots of models)

SYN from Taiwan

Platinum, JRD...

Stallion..

Fly150

Lifan (lots of models)

SYN from Taiwan

Platinum, JRD...

Vespa !!!

Now I think theres a lot more homog models than I thought.

Yeah Richard posted that sub 250 were going to be tax free and only reg costs...

Not sure if that ever came to pass..

Yes, it did in 2008, and that's why Kawasaki started selling the Ninja 250R in Thailand.

But the Ninja 250 is made here no ??

I was talking import taxes ??

Yeah Richard posted that sub 250 were going to be tax free and only reg costs...

Not sure if that ever came to pass..

Yes, it did in 2008, and that's why Kawasaki started selling the Ninja 250R in Thailand.

But the Ninja 250 is made here no ??

I was talking import taxes ??

Import DUTY on all except ASEAN made, 80%

Excice tax on all above 250cc

Interior tax on all

VAT on all