Dane Dies After Brawling in Pattaya

webfact

Baby was three weeks old, It is common for the Thai mother after giving birth to disappear for some Mum and daughter time where certain rituals are carried out, husbands are not invited. Perhaps this could be why the guy was in Pattaya on his own...sorry its not as sinister as some other theories.

The guy wanted to mix with his own countrymen....wouldm't a bar or area full of them be the place to go?? If I wanted to mix with Aussies I would go to any one of the Aussie owned bars in Pattaya.

As to what actually happened to cause the death, it is hard to say without a local news report or results of any forensic/police investigation. So again we have some great investigators on this board who spend too much time speculating.

And now the thread has turned into a British/English splitting hairs issue more than the passing of another foreigner in Pattaya and an excuse for yet again more Pattaya bashing. 17 years of visiting Pattaya and I have only seen a handful of fights and none too serious. Seen a few up Burirum way as well.

So until we get some specific and detailed evidence (not circumstantial as someone suggested), we will not know the real story.

Edited by gburns57au

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yet another alcohol related incident...in Pattaya.

alcohol related incdents happen all over the world,not just Pattaya,, they should ban the deadly liquid,though that would break my heart.

Im sure that if you look at the statistics for incidents like this, Pattaya is high up on that list .

Suggest you find the statistics and then post

I dont know ANY Scotish or Welsh people that class them selves as British its surely an out of date generalism of anyone who lives in the uk im English and thats that!.

By the way there is still nothing about the murder on the local news etc, i still want to know who whitnessed the attack and robbery from the 3 thai men?

Well, this is another stupid story that has been pushed in our face without any of the circumstantial evidence needed to confirm the direct cause of death.

Once the C.O.D. is confirmed, the forensics can match the evidence around the blow that caused the internal problems, and then match the trace evidence from that death blow with the British men's DNA tissue, saliva, and footware samples, as there is probably trace evidence around the head wounds.

I mentioned the "head wounds" part, because, if there is any weight to the Thai men story, then any expat knows that Thai men like to get the victim down on the ground and then kick and stomp the shit out of their ribs and head, Thais do not use their fists. There should be plenty of evidence there to match against the British men's shoes, etc. This is purely speculatory, though. I believe the British men are more than likey not the ones who delivered the death blow.

Again, without the cause of death, this is all much ado about nothing; that includes the bar girl story about the wife, her lover and accomplices, the British men, a pre-existing injury or condition that was triggered by the rucus, and any other theory.

Let's hope Thailand C.S.I. conducts the proper investigation, and that the surviving family members hire a proper forensics expert to examine that evidence.

Crime scene preservation, like honesty and commitment are traits the Thai Police will never have!

Incidents like these are the reason why I left Pattaya years back..... :bah:

This could happen anywhere in the world.

But this one happened in pattaya

As do many similar incidents. Luckily, they don't all end with a death. They seem to occur mostly in the heart , or the rectum if you will, of Pattaya. I'll just keep hoping that someday the government comes to the realization that establishments in this seedy part of Pattaya and the customers they attract are not, contrary to these customers belief, keeping Pattaya financially afloat. Move the bars to Walking Street, where the higher rent should result in upscale bars and upscale customers.

@Sirchai

It's time for all people on this world to understand that we all live under the same sun.

%

I for one understood a long time ago I have to share the air I breathe with scum . I don't expect scum to understand anything more complicated than a bullet in the back of the head.

This could happen anywhere in the world.

But this one happened in pattaya

As do many similar incidents. Luckily, they don't all end with a death. They seem to occur mostly in the heart , or the rectum if you will, of Pattaya. I'll just keep hoping that someday the government comes to the realization that establishments in this seedy part of Pattaya and the customers they attract are not, contrary to these customers belief, keeping Pattaya financially afloat. Move the bars to Walking Street, where the higher rent should result in upscale bars and upscale customers.

upscale customers. :cheesy:

It seems that if you want to avoid drunken bar brawls it isn't necessary to leave Pattaya. All you need to do is spend your time in the 95% of Pattaya that isn't on Beach Rd/Walking street or Soi Bua Khao, etc. On the other hand, if your life is one continuous pub-crawl (figuratively or literally) and you have a chip on your shoulder, then you don't have to be in Pattaya to ensure you end up on a slab in a mortuary.

Come to think of it, before jumping to conclusions about Britons, English ,Cornish,Dane, Europeans, we have to take into account the realities of our multi-cultural world ; the people involved might hold European passports and yet be from a very distant heritage , like for any European citizen nowadays.

Whereas the Thaï can be assumed to be Thaï, or at least from a border country( If there really were Thaî involved).

Edited by souvenirdeparis

Come to think of it, before jumping to conclusions about Britons, English ,Cornish,Dane, Europeans, we have to take into account the realities of our multi-cultural world ; the people involved might hold European passports and yet be from a very distant heritage , like for any European citizen nowadays.

Exactly :thumbsup:

Seems like the Dane was out for trouble and hit one of the English Guys from behind.

The other one hit him back.

But the Dane walked away.

Possible attack by 3 Thais needs investigation.

Very easy for Police to charge the English guys, but it smells fishy to me.

English eh?not British?

English is subset of British. British is a subset of European. Scottish and Welsh people do NOT regard themselves as English. Neither do some Cornish people.

No one in Britain will thank you for calling them European, so don't.

I am from Britain and have no problem being labelled European.

Just a continent categorisation, where else would you put Britain

into Africa?................. Well walking around Peckham or New Cross

that may be debatable but still.

I dont know ANY Scotish or Welsh people that class them selves as British its surely an out of date generalism of anyone who lives in the uk im English and thats that!.

It doesn't matter what they classify themselves as, that they are also British is an irrefutable fact. And like it or not, you too are British. You can argue that until you are blue in the face but the fact will remain.

Summary: Danish lad hits an english lad in the back of the head then english lad's mate hits Dane in the back of the head. Dane leaves and then is beaten up by 3 thai(s) and goes back to room. Then later dies. BIB charges the english lads for murder? :blink:

Have to love the BIB and their brilliant detective work. :rolleyes:

Edited by britmaveric

Summary: Danish lad hits an english lad in the back of the head then english lad's mate hits Dane in the back of the head. Dane leaves and then is beaten up by 3 thai(s) and goes back to room. Then later dies. BIB charges the english lads for murder? :blink:

Have to love the BIB and their brilliant detective work. :rolleyes:

Were they charged with Murder? Doesnt murder need the proof of 'intent' or is it the case that the type of charged laid isnt really know or is being misreported. Whats the chance the real circumstances around this incident are being misreported

Where is the red button when you need it?

What the hel_l is wrong with going out for ales? Just because you have a new born doesn't mean you can't go and have a few beers, or does he have to spend 24 hours a day with his family.

No I don't agree if he was shitfaced, but out for beers is not inappropriate. Going back to the bar after it was sorted WAS inappropriate and copping a broken nose or black eye etc may have been karma...........but death?

But to just say 'Karma', nice troll moron!!!

Off topic posts, posts discussing moderation have been deleted.

Lets drop it, guys. Its a Scandinavian news source perhaps they aren't aware of the finer subtleties of English/British identities and frankly, it doesn't really matter.

This story was clearly written by someone who not only has zero journalistic experience, but also has not read newspapers closely enough to have a notion of how a news story is written. It is full of unsubstantiated innuendo and swiping editorialising. ("show the Thai family the new wonder kid" ??!! "As Scandasia understands it...") Very poor reporting.

Not a well written story by journalistic standards but good journalism requires experience as well as enough reward to make it worthwhile doing. Just imagine being confined to your desk and writing this breaking story, but in another language. It's not as easy as it sounds.

Seems like the Dane was out for trouble and hit one of the English Guys from behind.

Yes like all such stories there is always something fishy!

Actually, isn't Pattaya famous for fish?

English eh?not British?

English is subset of British. British is a subset of European. Scottish and Welsh people do NOT regard themselves as English. Neither do some Cornish people.

No one in Britain will thank you for calling them European, so don't.

Britain has had the same

foreign policy objective for at least the last five hundred years to

create a disunited Europe. In that cause we have fought with the Dutch

against the Spanish, with the Germans against the French, with the

French and Italians against the Germans, and with the French against

the Italians and Germans. [The Dutch rebellion against Philip II of

Spain, the Napoleonic Wars, the First World War, and the Second World

War Ed.]

In other words, divide and rule. And the Foreign Office can see no

reason to change when it has worked so well until now.

- sir Humphrey Appleby

I am from Britain and have no problem being labelled European.

Just a continent categorisation, where else would you put Britain

into Africa?................. Well walking around Peckham or New Cross

that may be debatable but still.

Ok, we can Brits Africans then. It probably fits better anyway.:D

The Dane travels to Thailand to show off his 3 week old baby to Thai relatives. He must have a screw loose; who takes a 3 week old infant on an international flight? That in and of itself is irresponsible. Then he goes on a pub crawl with violence?

Darwinism in action...

Babies at 3 weeks are perfectly fine to fly. All they do is eat and sleep at that age anyway.

As long as they have a clean bill of health at their 2 week check, there is nothing wrong with flying with a baby.

I agree as long as it is you who is sitting next to them. Oh and they are not required to purchase a seat for a baby

so that makes it not too comfortable for person sitting next to them unless they get a two seat window row.

The part that is the most believable is the fact that Thais will not fight a falang one on one, so having 3 Thais attack him makes the most sense of any part of the story. Probably paid by the English to the dirty work they personally didn't have the cojones to do.

But who knows? Anything is possible in Amazing Thailand.

............Reading between the lines... I think that the 'Headline' is a bit too much

Dane Killed By Two English Men in Pattaya??

If you read it the Danish Guy fell and banged his head (Yes from an altercation with the English Guys)

but 'Killed'? He died at home so it could be a variety of things, He had just arrived and could of even choked on his own vomit or something'?

The Headline should read.. 'Dane found dead in room the morning after a night out and fight with English Guys'

i feel really sorry for him and his family and i hope that this gets resolved but it is a bit of 'Headline Grabbing' i think