Any Reasonably Priced Places To Eat Left In Phuket?

pmgthailand

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many good local places in Kata, where you get a good meal of rice with add ons for 35 Baht, sometimes 40. There are also some restaurants with fixed prices: all meals 80 Baht, 90 if seafood included. So excellent value IMO.

Plus there are of course the normally even cheaper road stalls.

Rawai has the same, and I'm sure even Patong does.

Hi

Sorry I thought you was talking to me about local places and then you brought up the bad dinning experience so I wanted to understand what had happened thats all. Anyway lets not spoil the thread, no harm done :-)

I meant the Original Poster was afraid to go to local places.

But Muddyhoop you sure seem concerned about Lims.. How many YEARS old is that post of mine....... :unsure:

I just had lunch in my old favorite, the Farang Restaurant in Cherng Talay. Garden salad with balsamic dressing, bruschetta bread with capers and spicy seafood spaghetti with a large glass of fresh lemonade. All for only 240 baht, same price as a poxy sandwich from Bake. Excellent!!!

Kallots in Nai Harn has good western breakfast & reasonably priced lunch & dinner food. Also extensive Thai menu if your Thai partner does not fancy western food. I just had lunch there. Very nice baguette filled with cumberland sausage & fried onions with french fries on the side. This with a fruit shake for Baht 180.

I just had lunch in my old favorite, the Farang Restaurant in Cherng Talay. Garden salad with balsamic dressing, bruschetta bread with capers and spicy seafood spaghetti with a large glass of fresh lemonade. All for only 240 baht, same price as a poxy sandwich from Bake. Excellent!!!

But their pasta dishes have about 3 or 4 noodles.

But their pasta dishes have about 3 or 4 noodles.

Sorry but I disagree, it is not a huge plate but after a starter and some bread it is an ideal size portion.

first; Any food in the Laguana area especilly Farang food is way overpriced!!

Farang food is and will always be expensive. And with the baht hiting less than 30 its even more so.

so for sandwiches u get what u pay for. Watermark, the delhi in the boat Laguan has good sandwiches for less than 200 bhat and than Woddies ( sorry Woddy), your food used to be a good value but no more.

Thai food at any western area, ( junkceylon, Soi Bangla etc) will alwayas be expensive, especially at Pating beach where the food sucks as well.

There are Many good restaurnts between Kalim and Kamala overlooking the water.

The BEST thai soup is in Phuket town behind what used to be the Pearl theater in the parking lot.

Best rice with pork or chicken, Phuket town on the small road between the circle and Robinsons, about 30 meters from the circle on the right side. Been eating there for 20 years and I think they have raised their prices once.

MK at Central mall is a good value !! not the MK GOLD at Junk ceylon.

Sizzlers lunch special at Central mall is great 179 baht get u all the salad u can eat plus a pork or chicken steak with Potato!!

You just need look :-)

What about the Mookata restaurants?

They're Thai, you get a charcoal grill in the middle of your table, you pick up raw meat and fish to barbecue. They are 115 to 129 Baht all you can eat. Draught beer 109 to 129 B/Litre. The larger restaurants also have pre cooked food including pork, chicken and tuna steaks, sausages, pasta, chips, spring rolls, sushi all in for the same price.

Good and cheap food, Fatty's nobody beat them, me think, schnitzel as big as the plate and with potato salad or fried potato, i think he want everybody to be like his name.

Totally agree. The food and service is consistently good quality, and also of note is that the Thai food is very popular also. Probably the only place that my wife will order and enjoy western food.

Edited by pagallim

Good and cheap food, Fatty's nobody beat them, me think, schnitzel as big as the plate and with potato salad or fried potato, i think he want everybody to be like his name.

Totally agree. The food and service is consistently good quality, and also of note is that the Thai food is very popular also. Probably the only place that my wife will order and enjoy western food.

Problem is my GF eat like a Westerner every time we go there, big salad big steak and then she cant understand she put on 2-3 kilo every time i am home :o

so for sandwiches u get what u pay for. Watermark, the delhi in the boat Laguan has good sandwiches for less than 200 bhat and than Woddies ( sorry Woddy), your food used to be a good value but no more.

OP - Just walk out of Bake Laguna, turn right, and go 100 meters.

Phuketrichard - we haven't changed prices at the Sandwich Shoppes in more than three years. A half-foot long, real sandwich (no fake meat) is still B 99. And our prices in Laguna and Patong - where everything is more expensive - are the same as in Chalong and Villa Market.

Edited by woodyleonhard

OP - Just walk out of Bake Laguna, turn right, and go 100 meters.

Phuketrichard - we haven't changed prices at the Sandwich Shoppes in more than three years. A half-foot long, real sandwich (no fake meat) is still B 99. And our prices in Laguna and Patong - where everything is more expensive - are the same as in Chalong and Villa Market.

The ham and cheese is NOT 99 and the last 2 times we went there ( Patong) it was not very good and the service sucked. Used to be a favorite of ours in Patong but....

The ham and cheese is NOT 99 and the last 2 times we went there ( Patong) it was not very good and the service sucked. Used to be a favorite of ours in Patong but....

PhuketRichard - Imported cheddar cheese is expensive; we've always charged an additional B 25 if you want cheese on your sandwich. For B 124, you get a half-foot long Virginia ham and cheddar on a fresh-baked baguette of your choice, toasted if you like, with ultra-clean hydroponic lettuce, real Best Foods Mayo and French's yellow mustard, sliced onions, fresh tomatoes and any other fixin's you might want - bell pepper, olives, you name it.

If it isn't one of the best Virginia ham and cheddar sandwiches you've ever had, anywhere, for any price, please PM me or email (woody at khun woody dot com) with details. I want to learn what we can do better.

I've always been very, very proud of our food and our people: we're five-star rated on TripAdvisor, and I take that rating seriously. If you had a bad experience, I'll personally make sure your next one is much better!

Disputing the price of a sandwich with the ownerwhistling.gif you get a check list which clearly lists the prices as so no confusion on what you'll pay. including the extra charge for cheese, you sit down, they bring you the sandwich.

I eat there sometimes nearly everyday, and I often see customers neglect the checklist when ordering thus maybe confusing the staff. Check list is there for everyones benefit, makes things f$^k up proof.

I have to say, the quality at woodys is good (only ever eaten in Patong one) and all the ingredients are good, its not cheap for the amount you get but quality costs..

But the staff in the patong one, they never seem to get one order right without ballsing something up, order a foot long, get a 6 inch, or forget the coffee, or something.. As they take time over the prep you dont sort of stand there and monitor it like a subway, so its lucky dip to see if they remember everything.

If you not after a large sandwich / footlong.. The little coffee shop in Patong, just about 10m to the beach side of where Soi Tan meets Nanai / Karon Rd junction / lights.. Great sandwiches and panini's nice and fresh and really well done coffees. One of my favorite places for just a snack.

But the staff in the patong one, they never seem to get one order right without ballsing something up, order a foot long, get a 6 inch, or forget the coffee, or something..

Thanks! I know what our next training session will cover...

Good to see an owner both listen (cos it is a good product) and look at feedback as a positive..

Makes you want to go there all the more.. Well done.

Since there have been several posts about Woody's Sandwich Shoppe, I'll add my 99 baht here:

I'm a regular patron (once a week) to the Woody's in Patong, but occasionally go to the branch near Chalong.

I often order a sandwich, or just coffee and a snack.

The food is excellent and good value for the price (IMHO)

The staff are exceptionally nice (to me) in both Patong and Chalong branches.

Not once have they gotten my order wrong.

The pleasant, helpful staff (and free internet) is a key reason why I keep going back.

TN

to the OP...since you said you live in cherng talay and i work in cherng talay...

Inside the Laguna Resort Complex (specifically Canal Village) there is a bakery that serves nice western pastries, pizzas, sandwiches, etc. The bakery isn't as expensive as BAKE, and the employees have always been kind to me when I've gone there.

to the OP...since you said you live in cherng talay and i work in cherng talay...

Inside the Laguna Resort Complex (specifically Canal Village) there is a bakery that serves nice western pastries, pizzas, sandwiches, etc. The bakery isn't as expensive as BAKE, and the employees have always been kind to me when I've gone there.

Thanks, I never knew that there was a bakery there. I just always thought that anything to do with Laguna was out of my price range and gave it a miss. I will give it a try!

give it a try and let me know if you like it!

I went there today, but did not go in, only looked at the menu and walked away. 300 baht for a basic sandwich and 140 baht for a glass of juice. That's $13 for a sandwich and a drink.

RIP OFF!!!!

So I went to Woody's and had a roast beef sandwich and a glass of fresh lemonade, total 168 baht. Keep up the good work Woody I'll be back.

BTW I am not one of these farangs trying to live on 200 baht a day. I live and work here, I just won't pay these extortionate prices for a bloody sandwich. Harrod's in London is about the same price and you would expect to pay that there but not in Phuket. C'mon let's be sensible here!

Many good local places in Kata, where you get a good meal of rice with add ons for 35 Baht, sometimes 40. There are also some restaurants with fixed prices: all meals 80 Baht, 90 if seafood included. So excellent value IMO.

Plus there are of course the normally even cheaper road stalls.

Rawai has the same, and I'm sure even Patong does.

Try Tawan bar/restaurant Kata central ( soi opposite 711)...the best burgers and Thai AND western food good prices and great quality..And inexpensive beers!!!...Okay so he's a mate...but you won't be disappointed...lol I would say the breakfasts are the best anyplace but they tend to be served after 11am lol..

But at least you have the choice.. I am baffled how normal salary Thais are getting by.

Theres a (very busy) noodle stall by us.. 2 plain gwie tiow noodle soups and 2 ice teas. 120 baht.. A bowl of that soup isnt a meal, its a snack.. And at close to 2.50 GBP for a couple of snacks you just wonder how Thais on 8 maybe 12k a month get by. Another local Thai place for Thais, most of the 'simple' dishes are 80 - 120 baht, plus the rice, etc etc. This isnt a cooked fish or something just regular dishes.

Its easy for us, we can just scratch our heads and pay it.. But Thai salaries must be making it real tough.

gwii tiao moo/gai is 30-40 baht a serving. so with your 120 baht for 2 making 60 baht each, no Thai would pay this and it is very substantial (the gluttonous might disagree), usually accompanied by a lot of fresh herbs and vegetables, hardly a snack. Unless of course you are used to meat and two veg? As to your 'simple' dishes starting at 80 baht, again, no Thai would pay this. i think you are possibly confused and believe that eating a thai dish in a restaurant geared toward farang is your idea of 'what the locals do'. I pay 20 baht per dish at roadsides and takeaways. THAI ones.

Edited by inmysights

Those are 2 Local places in Kathu, the noodle place I have never seen another farang in it, and its often so busy theres no free chairs or you table share.

The second place is a Thai restaurant, plastic tables and chairs setup, seen Thais eating there but also farang (more than Thais maybe).