Is Central Festival Good For Pattaya?

bubba1

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I do like Central. For some reason, I prefer it over the other malls in town. More modern perhaps? Seems to have more choices for eating, especially that international food court where you can sit outside and watch the ocean...with waiter service! And the food market downstairs does have some things that are hard to find anywhere else. At least it's better than another row of beer bars....

Nothing is better than another row of beer bars.......

Perhaps some pipple should relocate themselves to a dfferent ciity, rather than try and change Pattaya to something else.

God knows there's enough poncy crap holes in Thailand ( like Hua Hin ), without trying to make Pattaya like them.

No no no. Central is horrible for Pattaya. It was conceived when somebody thought all this money was coming in , Russians were buying everything etc. Place has nothing to do with Thailand. Thais can't go there. International shoppers can go to Bangkok. Had plenty of Carre 4, Tesco Lotus etc. Movie theater is more expensive.

Pattaya was fine with Big C. Movie theater was decent price. Royal Garden gave you a choice. Then Avenue came along, Then Central came along. Ridiculous. No character to the town at all now. Soi 7 and Soi 8 were nice. Now all getting filled in, hotel after hotel. So different since 2004. Really don't like it at all. Looks less and less like Thailand every time I go. Still like it, but, decreasing .

Get used to it, Beach road is going to end up looking like the beachfronts in the Spanish Costas / Mallorca

I would have agreed with you 3 years ago ( which is probably when Central was proposed ), but now something called RECESSION is looming in the west. So who's the target market now? Chinese package tourists-nah, Indians-nah, Brits-nah ( too poor and the exchange rate is rubbish ), Germans- probably in the same boat as the Brits, Americans-nah ( don't see many of them in Patts ), Scandinavians- maybe, Russians- maybe, Thai hisos-maybe. Not much of a good prospect fotr the profitability of Central.

Still, as I've said all along, it will make a lovely indoor bar beer complex, and the Hilton will be an excellent short time hotel.

I would have agreed with you 3 years ago ( which is probably when Central was proposed ),

Central has been open for nearly 2 years. I would have been proposed long before 3 years ago - perhaps 5 or 6 years ago.