Reputation....

Loz

Is it my imagination, or has the reputation green and red option been withdrawn?

Funny cos I have been on my phone for a few days and meaning to vote some greens and reds on the hotel thread (which was fine as long it only ranted anti black racism but when the tide turned closer to home the content was found unpalatable.... ahem...) but now I am back on a PC I can't see either how many reps a person has, nor the box to make vote either way.

What happened?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In a nutshell a certain member, who shall remain nameless, was jumping up and down carrying on like a real <snip> and eventually the mangement here tired of the situation and pulled the plug on it, in a search for some peace and quite.

ohh and the peace has been wonderful, just ask them :lol:

ps: Loz, now you have to resort to using ur intelligence and wit again to defute the &lt;deleted&gt;, rather than the easy option of hitting the red button. I suspect a man of your talents won't have a problem with this :lol:

Edited by neverdie

JT complained do much about it that George pulled it.

Ha ha. I posted this at the same time as Mr. Neverdie.

Funnily enough I am using my phone as well so can't use emoticons. But I am laughing!!!

Edited by onnut

Enough of the gossip. I have been on the ropes here with the "management" for years now. Whatever decision they make, pro or con, regarding the rep feature is PURELY their decision. I did ask for the option for people to be able to disable the feature entirely at the user level so that you could turn it off for yourself IF you wanted that, but leave it open for those that like the brownie point game. Of course I am pleased the feature is gone, but that doesn't mean it won't come back. To repeat, I have no power over this, and I don't appreciate implications otherwise.

Edited by Jingthing

In a nutshell a certain member, who shall remain nameless, was jumping up and down carrying on like a real <snip> and eventually the mangement here tired of the situation and pulled the plug on it, in a search for some peace and quite.

ohh and the peace has been wonderful, just ask them :lol:

ps: Loz, now you have to resort to using ur intelligence and wit again to defute the &lt;deleted&gt;, rather than the easy option of hitting the red button. I suspect a man of your talents won't have a problem with this :lol:

Thanks to the removal if this 'wonderful' feature, more braincells will be required to maintain a 'good standing' with others. :lol:

Loz, do you realise that this thread will be closed soon (hopefully)?

Then again, I could be using 'reverse psychology'.

Edited by elkangorito

Thanks for filling in the blanks, chaps.

I suspect that hotel thread in news clippings would have overloaded the system anyway!

Shame they buckled though. Its not like thailand has a great reputation for making progress in the style of a "Developing" country. One step forward and One step back is probably not the best message a national media institution wants to be promulgating. :huh:

Ps. Onnut, I am laughing with you, see? :D:D

and look, there's neverdie having a titter too! :lol:

I suspect that hotel thread in news clippings would have overloaded the system anyway!

Shame they buckled though. Its not like thailand has a great reputation for making progress in the style of a "Developing" country. One step forward and One step back is probably not the best message a national media institution wants to be promulgating. :huh:

its all good. I must point out that I had over 200 reputation points too, which is really something special. Im wondering when I will get my little badge, or a chest to pin it on? :lol:

calm down jingthing, i don't recall anyone mentioning your name (if you exclude post 3) :lol:

its all good. I must point out that I had over 200 reputation points too, which is really something special. Im wondering when I will get my little badge, or a chest to pin it on? :lol:

calm down jingthing, i don't recall anyone mentioning your name (if you exclude post 3) :lol:

Yeah and I had 10,000 green points, yeah, that's the ticket. Referring to vaporized green points, a new high in PITIFUL.

JT, You are calling me pitiful when I was only having a joke. Of course you couldnt possible be serious about that could you?

Anyway, with such nasty words, I won't let you play with my medal nor my chest, either :annoyed:

:lol:

Edited by neverdie

:mfr_closed1:

Good riddance. For those who really miss this (SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!), maybe you can re-enroll in grade school, teacher may give you a gold star, you never know ...

If the 'teacher' won't give one a star of one's desired colour, one can probably purchase 'stars', 'stamps' & other such ego enhancing paraphernalia at a newsagent.

I'm glad to see the 'brawn' factor is no longer being enhanced on this forum. :)

JT complained do much about it that George pulled it.

I thought about starting a thread demanding that the reds and greens be reinstated. It would be something new to whine about and therefore would probably get a lot of support.

Edited by Ulysses G.

The stupid thing about it is the REPUTATION SYSTEM already exists here at TV in a different format. I have two stars and anyone can award an extra star or detract from previous ones given by revoting on other members. Its almost exactly the same but different. :blink::huh:

How many green points for a Chang beer at 7-11?

None, Im a non drinker.

I gave you a quite a few green awards, for various posts you made during that 'era'.

Im not sorry seeing the system go but I am left wondering about what your next poll is going to be about? :lol:

The stupid thing about it is the REPUTATION SYSTEM already exists here at TV in a different format. I have two stars and anyone can award an extra star or detract from previous ones given by revoting on other members. Its almost exactly the same but different. :blink::huh:

Mr Never. It's nowhere near 'exactly the same' & therefore it is quite 'different'. :rolleyes:

Mr Never. It's nowhere near 'exactly the same' & therefore it is quite 'different'. :rolleyes:

AGREED. Its almost exactly the same but different to the extent that its not similar.

Enough of the gossip. I have been on the ropes here with the "management" for years now. Whatever decision they make, pro or con, regarding the rep feature is PURELY their decision. I did ask for the option for people to be able to disable the feature entirely at the user level so that you could turn it off for yourself IF you wanted that, but leave it open for those that like the brownie point game. Of course I am pleased the feature is gone, but that doesn't mean it won't come back. To repeat, I have no power over this, and I don't appreciate implications otherwise.

If you say so Thaiquila... :)