Chinese Food Recommendations

PlanetX

Does anyone have a favorite Chinese food spot in or around town?

I read about the one opposite Chiang Mai Land a few months ago.

Any others?

I know that there are several different "types" of Chinese Food but I do not have enough experience to recognize the differences

Thanks!

I lived in Hong Kong for 6 years and my pick hands down is Mee Jiang in the Chang Klan Plaza.

Agree - excellent - but is it still in the same location? Last time I went they had notices up they were moving, somewhere on Chiang Mai Land IIRC.

For another style of Chinese, try Taiwan Restaurant. Excellent home made dumplings. They also moved from Huay Kaew (Next to Lemon Tree) round the corner to Chiang Mai Lodge Condo on Rachaphruek Rd Left off Huay Kaew opposite Shell station.

Mee Jiang is more like HK street food and Yang Zi Jiang is upscale Chinese. I don't think they will have the duck dish. Also, if you have a dining club card for Dhara Dhevi they have an exceelent Chinese restaurant called Fujian and 2 people get 50% off with the card. The peking duck is delicious. Royal Princess Hotel in the night bazaar has a Chinese restaurant with a good peking duck also.

Surpise that nobody bring up .. The Jear Tong Heng - is one of the better place and also the price is very reasonable and there server roast piglet which not much outlet do it and their food is extremely fresh with a grade style kitchen . i even had my wedding dinner there .

you can get a membership if you eat offen and get a good discount .

if you need a map let me know .. i give 5 star for that place . for price and taste .

is located opposite chiangmai plaza hotel - their front door is kinda hidden away of you do not look lel but their side door is very grand maybe it got something to do with FENGSHUI .

oh yeh .. if you want to have a Seat you got to go early like 5-6 pm .. there close around 9 - 10 pm i think .

is always pack wit alot of Chinese

Surpise that nobody bring up .. The Jear Tong Heng - is one of the better place and also the price is very reasonable..................................................................

Probably the best in Chiangmai for authentic Cantonese food....Excellent!!!

I lived in Hong Kong for 6 years and my pick hands down is Mee Jiang in the Chang Klan Plaza.

Agree - excellent - but is it still in the same location? Last time I went they had notices up they were moving, somewhere on Chiang Mai Land IIRC.

Confirmed. Pretty far down Chiang Mai Land, on the right hand side when coming from Chang Klan.

Surpise that nobody bring up .. The Jear Tong Heng - is one of the better place and also the price is very reasonable..................................................................

Probably the best in Chiangmai for authentic Cantonese food....Excellent!!!

I eat at Jia Tong Heng at least once a week. Tour buses with Chinese and Chinese/Thais roll in there all the time, if that means anything. My Chinese/Thai landlady got me into it. I'm stuck in LA for the next 3 months, but there's plenty of good Chinese (and Thai) here anyway.

Edited by calibanjr.

i used to go JTH every week . and is very much addicted to the Roast Piglet used to be relaly cheap like 480b or so . now is like 700 or 800 b i think but is still worth trying it .

if you want a good meal , maybe we should go in a small group of let say . 5-8 and book a table

and then we order like multi dishes ..

the bill would work out to be about 2000- 3000b and we dutch it .

usually i go with my friends about 4 people and the bill is alway like 2000+

but sometime if i just go for simple meal the bill is around 700+ for 4

try there special Sugar Yam . is a must try .

also their Fermented vege belly pork .

or try the stir fired egg with mini oyster .

dam_n i am hungry !!!!!

who wanna go for a meal :)

For another style of Chinese, try Taiwan Restaurant. Excellent home made dumplings. They also moved from Huay Kaew (Next to Lemon Tree) round the corner to Chiang Mai Lodge Condo on Rachaphruek Rd Left off Huay Kaew opposite Shell station.

I'll second Paagai's rec for Taiwan Restaurant, but what I'm really looking for is a place that does authentic Sichuan dishes.

Good mix and match at the Holiday Inn Chinese restaurant buffet but Saturday lunch only, Dim sum, crispy pork, Peking duck etc

Just over 300 baht with HI card.

Good value in a great location.

Er indoors is Chinese and she likes it!