Family Of Dead Bomber To Get Bt400,000 Relief Payment

webfact

Family of dead bomber to get Bt400,000 relief payment

By The Nation

The government is obligated, under the relief regulations issued by emergency rule, to compensate for victims and relatives in violence incidents even though one of the victims is a suspected bomber killed in the Bang Bua Thong blast by the bomb he made.

"The rules on relief payments are designed to compensate the victims without any biases on the role of each victim," Social Development and Human Security Minister Issara Somchai said on Thursday.

Suspected bomber Samai Wongsuwan was killed when the bomb went off accidentally on Tuesday's evening at an apartment building, inflicting four deaths and nine injuries.

Issara said under the relief package, the surviving relatives of four dead victims would entitled to receive Bt400,000 payment each.

The injured needing morethan 20 of hospitalisation would get Bt100,000 each and those with less than 20-day of hosipital stay would receive Bt60,000 each. Those injured without hospitalisation would get Bt20,000 each.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-10-07

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This could lead to some creative thinking from some cash strapped family members with little value on life.

Can someone please explain the reason behind paying for people that want to cause harm,ok the family has lost a family member put that person was going out of his way to kill others ?

This could lead to some creative thinking from some cash strapped family members with little value on life.

I'm kind of surprised nobody has worked that angle yet, actually.

Probably very few knew of this clause...... but now that the cat is out of the bag ?????????

Advertising Pays

maybe Samai Wongsuwan did.

he was on the run for terrorism, so big chance for life imprisonment or death penalty - shorten the misery and family gets the benefit

Probably very few knew of this clause...... but now that the cat is out of the bag ?????????

Advertising Pays

Advertising 'with a loud enough bang' Pays ;)

Red Shirt Jihadist relief fund is more like it. Just like the Muslim extremists, make payments to the family's of dead suicide bombers. Are they going to give them 72 virgins as a reward as well?

Now where are you going to find 72 Virgins eh !!!!

only in Thailand !

Can someone please explain the reason behind paying for people that want to cause harm,ok the family has lost a family member put that person was going out of his way to kill others ?

Agree - but unless there is positive proof (how about a room for of red T shirts) then I guess it is not established that he was in fact a bomber. I would not pay anyway because what about the affected families and apartment owners whose dwelling is now rubble? Who pays for that - suggest they deduct it from the deceased as it is already established the materials for bomb making were present within the apartment and these sorry asses were 'undoubtedly' making bombs.

Whatever... TiT.

Pays to be a bomber hey! Can see it for the victims, but not for the perp.

Cheers, Rick

If this law was in the Iraq the country would go broke in 5 mins. Whats to stop evil family members blowing up other family in order to receive money?

This law needs to be looked at and revised. I would suggest after an investigation only then if they are not part of it would they receive something.

Indeed. We have already seen string of suicides in Chinese sweatshops because of the payout to the families. Even a small debt can be insurmountable to many families, and in these depressing situations you find people more than happy to try another spin of the karma wheel whilst lifted their family out of abject poverty for a year.

Red Shirt Jihadist relief fund is more like it.  Just like the Muslim extremists, make payments to the family's of dead suicide bombers.  Are they going to give them 72 virgins as a reward as well?

Now where are you going to find 72 Virgins eh !!!!  

only in Thailand !

Which reminds me, do you know why Jesus wasn't born in Thailand? Because God couldn't find three wise men and a virgin, ha, ha.

Is this Thailand or the UK?:blink:

Beat me to it!

must of had Uk Politicians as consultants

Yet another export article the UK can / will be / is proud of ?

Actually they should have hired me. I'm a genuine Dutch uncle, I can issue frank, harsh, and severe comments and criticism to educate, encourage, or admonish someone.

{or as others say, I'm good at giving unwanted advice or orders and don't know when to shut up ;) )

I am not so sure I agree with this! :blink: expect a flurry of bombings to come! :unsure:

Yes, as is well known here, many farmers (and others) commit suicide due to financial problems and as a result leave their poor families behind in a much poorer position and with not much of a future.

Now, if the outlined "financial compensation law" becomes a general knowledge, then those potential suicide candidates

will do some bombing somewhere in order to ensure that members of their families can get payments that set them up for life,

Moreover, some family members might even persuade their "chaps" to take such action in order to secure a higher life style for themselves, which they could otherwise never achieve.