Highest Quality Foreign Foods In Chiang Mai

Ulysses G.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Butter is Better's ice cream, cheese danish, croissants - almost any of their baked goods"

Definitely agree UG. Especially the Boston cream cake, and they have the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever had just about anywhere.

At the top of my list is the Salsa Kitchen's ribs (ask for the originals). They are the best.

A Salad Concept has the best made-to-order salad for 50 Baht in Chiang Mai. Also try the Caesar salad - fantastic!

Last, but not least, the lasagna at Pratties. FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!

Edited by venturalaw

Danitas Mexican Salsa. Used to be available at Rim Ping but they seem to have stopped carrying it. Still available at Kasem's. Almost as good as the salsa I'd make in the U.S. with ingredients from our garden and those of our neighbors. Everything but the cumin and vinegar came from a 1 mile radius of our home.

Once Hubby caught me eyeing the canning supplies at Rim Ping and he blanched, saying he thought our canning days were over. Danitas Salsa is a good sub for mine. I use it the same way -- heat up a jar of salsa, toss in some fresh veggies and once they're cooked add some shrimp, squid or cooked chicken. Serve over rice. A quick, healthy low-cal meal.

Danitas Mexican Salsa. Used to be available at Rim Ping but they seem to have stopped carrying it. Still available at Kasem's. Almost as good as the salsa I'd make in the U.S. with ingredients from our garden and those of our neighbors. Everything but the cumin and vinegar came from a 1 mile radius of our home.

Once Hubby caught me eyeing the canning supplies at Rim Ping and he blanched, saying he thought our canning days were over. Danitas Salsa is a good sub for mine. I use it the same way -- heat up a jar of salsa, toss in some fresh veggies and once they're cooked add some shrimp, squid or cooked chicken. Serve over rice. A quick, healthy low-cal meal.

Being a huge burrito fan, I never expected to find exceptional burritos like I used to get in the U.S. here in Chiang Mai. But El Diablo's by Thapae gate makes a killer burrito and even gives you free homemade corn chips and salsa!

The restaurant that wins my vote for highest quality foreign food in Chiang Mai is Su Casa (Spanish tapas) in the Nimmanhemin area. I have no idea how authentic it is as far as Spanish food goes, but every single dish I've tried there is incredible. Haven't tried the sister restaurant Mi Casa but I hear it's even better.

Edited by wynzlo

The restaurant that wins my vote for highest quality foreign food in Chiang Mai is Su Casa (Spanish tapas) in the Nimmanhemin area. I have no idea how authentic it is as far as Spanish food goes, but every single dish I've tried there is incredible. Haven't tried the sister restaurant Mi Casa but I hear it's even better.

I'll drink to that! Unfortunately, Mi Casa has been closed for some time, hopefully to reopen when the economy gets better.

But, I offer up Charin Resort's Pies, which I would say compare very favoribly with the pies at 'home' :)

Some of the places mentioned are unknown to me. I will heartily agree with the recommendation of Charin Resort's pies and other baked goods. They're located on Highway 118, 2/3 of the way to Chiang Rai (km marker #142 if I remember right).

Charin Resort also has a place in town, I think Airport Plaza

But nothing beats the original place :)

Yes, it is km marker #142

Edited by LJW

Apparantly nobody has ever tried White Chocolate Cheesecake at Love at First Bite!! They have the best cakes in town.. Better than better! Their Banana Cream Pie is delicious as well!

That is now on my list to try. Thanks for the referral. I LOVE white chocolate Cheesecake!

Love at First Bite has rhubarb pie! I'm a rhubarb addict!

but I detest cheesecake however good it is :ermm:

Have you seen a doctor about this rare cheescake condition?rolleyes.gif

I've just guzzled a slice of their warm apple pie with vanilla icecream and I doubt it could be bettered at the Ritz in the Strand (London). However, with a teabag plonked in a cup of hot water the bill was 195 baht ; that's £4 / $6.5. Still, quality,quality. You have to pay for it, I suppose.

but I detest cheesecake however good it is :ermm:

Have you seen a doctor about this rare cheescake condition?rolleyes.gif

I've just guzzled a slice of their warm apple pie with vanilla icecream and I doubt it could be bettered at the Ritz in the Strand (London). However, with a teabag plonked in a cup of hot water the bill was 195 baht ; that's £4 / $6.5. Still, quality,quality. You have to pay for it, I suppose.

Was that at Love at First Bite?

Their cheesecakes look really good, but I detest cheesecake however good it is :ermm:

The rhubarb pie is delicious, but seems to sell out fast.

Edited by uptheos

I like the mixture of sweet and tart.

A nice sweet tart - sounds pretty good to me. thumbsup.gif

As a kid, I used to eat rhubarb direct from my grandmother's garden......I adore the stuff, in a tart, crumble, pie or on it's own. It's great with rich creamy custard too. Rhubarb and Blackberry is nice.

Great you guys are so easily distracted. You can look for the sweet tarts, whilst I eat the rhubarb! Apple and rhubarb is nice but not a decent cooking apple to be had here.

We used to grow rhubarb in old chimney stacks - not many of those here either. :unsure:

God I really have a rhubarb craving now.

Great you guys are so easily distracted. You can look for the sweet tarts, whilst I eat the rhubarb! Apple and rhubarb is nice but not a decent cooking apple to be had here.

We used to grow rhubarb in old chimney stacks - not many of those here either. :unsure:

Those great big green cooking apples, weren't they great!!

Hi

I think love at first bite has rhubarb crumble...

they certainly had it one time that I went.

David

Opps! That'll teach me to read page 3 before page 2!

Edited by DavidOxon

Where to buy rhubarb in c.mai ?

Hi

I think love at first bite has rhubarb crumble...

they certainly had it one time that I went.

David

Opps! That'll teach me to read page 3 before page 2!

Chicken Fried Steak at the Pun Pun.:D

I would love a good chicken fried steak. The absence is a real heart breaker for a good ole Texas boy. Closest I've found is Duke's Chicken fried chicken. SO - before I run over to Pun Pun, I thought they were a vegetarian place. Did your smiley face indicate a joke or do they have the real thang?