Sansiri On 39

Anyone seen the new sansiri condo on sukhumvit soi 39? Anyone else been checking it out/interested in buying a unit there?

Its about 200 meters from the BTS, emporium, and all those British pubs, villa market...

1 br is about 8 million baht ...

Or perhaps with this political uncertainty, not a good time to buy?

Start at 8 Million.....

This is for many foreigner also a lot of money. And if you want a 2 bedroom then you have to count with hmmm maybe 14 Million.... But Sansiri seems to have a good reputation for nice condos.

Right now i am more interrested in cheaper ones. 2 Bedroom (75 m2) for about 7 Million, which is still not cheap.. but cheaper than this from Sansiri...

About the time.. My guess you will read many different statements about the right time to buy (some say it is never the right time to buy property in Thailand)

I will have a look what other people write and think about this..

I looked at this project shortly after it was launched in Q4, 2007. Back then they quoted the 3BR at 17MB and the 2BR at 12MB. This looked too expensive at the time, so I bought at a lower priced completed Sansiri project instead. Seems that prices have not moved up much at all during the construction period, so was not a good project for the flippers. I like the location but as the other guys above have mentioned, it seems over-priced.

i am looking to buy as an investment and rent out the unit. I guess if you cant rent a unit at that location, you cant rent anywhere! But i have friends who are having trouble renting out their units nearby, so you never know...

I looked at this project shortly after it was launched in Q4, 2007. Back then they quoted the 3BR at 17MB and the 2BR at 12MB. This looked too expensive at the time, so I bought at a lower priced completed Sansiri project instead. Seems that prices have not moved up much at all during the construction period, so was not a good project for the flippers. I like the location but as the other guys above have mentioned, it seems over-priced.

Ease of renting out a unit in any particular location depends on supply, demand and rental price.

If rental price is considered 'low' for that locality and class, chances of securing a tenant is high.

How low a rental price you can accept depends on your investment outlay. Thus, would you still pay Bt8m for a 40+ sqm unit?

Eg. I paid Bt1.55m for a 45 sqm unit at Prakhanong, and spent a further Bt150k on renovation and furnishing. Been receiving net rent of Bt13.5k (after deducting common fees) for the last 1.5 years.

Edited by trogers