Trip To Phuket With Baby - Best Hotels?

matthewharrup

Hi - we're looking to spend 2 weeks in phuket this december, we have a 1 year old baby and are wondering where's a good place for babies. I see a lot of hotels have kids clubs for 4+ years, but they don't say anything about 1 year olds. Can anyone recommend a good, quiet, resort/hotel with good babysitters in phuket?

You'll get plenty of help here, but you first need to say in which resort would you prefer to stay.

I'd say there would be child / baby friendly hotels in EVERY Phuket west coast resort, but you need to say more about your budget, and overall 'environment' that you're looking for.

Standing by..............

Just thinking of the babies crying in pain on the plane, having problems with the climate here, or whatever else, I find it quite cruel to take small kids (yes about 1 to 4 years of age) on a trip like this. The best idea might be to stay at home and take the kids out to abroad when they are at an age when they can understand and enjoy a trip like that.

Otherwise, maybe I am just old-fashioned... :huh:

OK - I'll take over this thread, since the last poster seems to have blown off the OP, since my baby lives in Thailand to start with (why did the last poster assume babies come to Phuket on a long flight?) and since my wife and I are planning a trip to Phuket in November with our 11 month old. We live close to Ubon so want to take advantage of the new Air Asia direct connection.

Spec - budget up to 3,500 per night (I know Phuket is expensive so this is probably only mid range). Prefer small boutique'ish (or Guest House) to 500 room monsters, but like to have small pool. Do not know the western resorts. Prefer somewhere with a nice beach on hand, with a bit of local life for eating out and the odd drink. Otherwise, would want to visit the main action just to gawp at the tourists and the sharks (my wife loves to do so too) on a couple of evenings but will have a hire car. I don't care how much the car costs I'm not feeding your taxi mafia!!

I'm familiar with a 25 room boutique hotel with 2 small pools in your price range. 5 km from the main action and beaches but local restaurants and bars at hand. Renting a car shouldn't be a problem. Free parking and wifi. November will have 3 more couples with 1 year old babies. PM me if you're interested.

OK - I'll take over this thread, since the last poster seems to have blown off the OP, since my baby lives in Thailand to start with (why did the last poster assume babies come to Phuket on a long flight?) and since my wife and I are planning a trip to Phuket in November with our 11 month old. We live close to Ubon so want to take advantage of the new Air Asia direct connection.

Spec - budget up to 3,500 per night (I know Phuket is expensive so this is probably only mid range). Prefer small boutique'ish (or Guest House) to 500 room monsters, but like to have small pool. Do not know the western resorts. Prefer somewhere with a nice beach on hand, with a bit of local life for eating out and the odd drink. Otherwise, would want to visit the main action just to gawp at the tourists and the sharks (my wife loves to do so too) on a couple of evenings but will have a hire car. I don't care how much the car costs I'm not feeding your taxi mafia!!

As you say, SantiSuk, OP hasn't come back. Anyway, without knowing the full requirements, I'd suggest looking at these two.

1)

The Chedi, Surin Beach.

I have friends who visit each year, and specifically go to the Chedie due to its well managed child / baby care. No idea about the price, but I'd reckon it's towards the upper range!

2)

For a safe and quiet environment in the surrounding area, also look at All Seasons and Le Meridien at Nai Harn Beach. Probably cheaper than the Chedi.

I seem to recall hearing somewhere that both Le Meridien and Chedi have been re-branded with different names. However, sure you'll still be able to find them on a google search.

It's probably obvious that the more expensive hotel will have the better baby care. They'd do it more professionally, rather than perhaps a cheaper hotel just dragging any girl in to do a job they're not properly trained for.

This isn't untypical of many threads on the Phuket Forum of TV, and there are many good examples of constructive advice being dispensed. What unfortunately is always lacking, is any form of feedback by those seeking information/advice.

Most first time visitors would use something like 'tripadvisor' etc rather than a forum., for accommodation recommendations, and let's face it, a significant number of the posters here are actually resident, and have never stayed in any of the resorts, or if they have, very few.

In this particular case, a couple with a 1 year old child - so what's the priority for the parents, and how can those priorities accommodate a 1 year old child? I would seriously question the use of a babysitter (unless in a hotel where the parents were having dinner and contactable very close by).