True Tv And Internet

Sophon

I will be back to Thailand in the middle of next week, this time on a more permanent basis. I know many people don't think TrueVisions are worth the money they charge, but to me it will be worth it, and I have already decided to subscribe to the platinum package as well as to the 8 mbps (probably) internet package with TrueOnline. I live in a East facing condo, so satelite is not an option and it will have to be cable TV, which I prefer anyway. I do, however, have a number of questions:

1. How to subscribe?

Unfortunately I don't speak Thai, so considering that what is the easiest way to order the services? There is a large True service center near where I live (in Seacon Square), but they always seem extremely busy, and I'm not sure if the employees there speak much English. There is an order form on TrueVision's homepage as well as a telephone number for ordering, but I can't find anything similar for TrueOnline and there doesn't seem to be a link where you can order both TV and internet.

2. Choosing services

As mentioned I have already decided on the platinum TV package, but are any of the "a la carte" packages worth subscribing to? I am thinking especially about the Discovery package for 120 THB per month while I'm not to bothered about the HD services - unless they come with added advantages such as e.g. content not available on the normal channels or a better tv box. I was considring the Golf Channel, but that now seems to come as part of the package instead of as an add on.

With regard to internet I think the 8 mbps service will be suitable (I think I'm a pretty average home user), but I'm open to considering other packages if you can give me some good reasons to do so. Until the recent changes TrueOnline had two "grades" of packages with the superior ones having better international bandwith, but they now seem to have only one type of package - or am I wrong about that?

3. How to pay?

BY paying one year in advance for TrueVisions you get the 13th month free, which is what I plan to do. That way I also don't have to bother with monthly payments. But I don't think there is a similar option for TrueOnline, so would that mean monthly payments or are there other options? I like direct debit but only for utilities and wouldn't consider using it for paying TV/Internet services.

4. How long do I have to wait for installation?

What are your experience on how long it takes for True to come and install the services? And will they install both TV and internet at the same time, or will they come at separate times? The TrueOnline homepage mentions a maximum "3 business days installation warranty", does that normally hold true?

5. Any other advice you can give me?

Are there other things I should be aware of, e.g do they have different makes of TV or internet decoder boxes and should I ask for a particular make or model? Are there other things you can think of that I should be aware of?

I know that I have asked a lot of questions, but any input on any of my questions will be very welcome. Thank you in advance for your help.

Sophon

Oh you can go to any True Move counter anywhere to apply directly from the counter girl and most of them can speak english now, not a problem. Now they have promotion for cable TV with fast speed internet combine together. You need to give them your passport copy and pay on the spot and they will fixed everythings within 3 working days. You can either choose wireless or with Modem type..and the speed is 6K type. You can pay them either directly every month or deducted from your bank account, just go to any bank that you have saving account and then ask for the form to fill up and then they will deducted for you monthly to true move payment every month.

Oh you can go to any True Move counter anywhere to apply directly from the counter girl and most of them can speak english now, not a problem. Now they have promotion for cable TV with fast speed internet combine together. You need to give them your passport copy and pay on the spot and they will fixed everythings within 3 working days. You can either choose wireless or with Modem type..and the speed is 6K type. You can pay them either directly every month or deducted from your bank account, just go to any bank that you have saving account and then ask for the form to fill up and then they will deducted for you monthly to true move payment every month.

Thank you very much for your information, I may give their office in Seacon Square a try, but as said they are usually very busy.

I don't trust True enough to cancel the Direct Debit order if or when I decide to cancel my subscription, so I won't be using this payment option. I do use Direct Debit for paying by electricity bill, but then again that's not really a service I would ever consider cancelling. Besides, I get a discount by paying TrueVisions in advance which works out at almost 8 percent, which is a lot more than I earn on the money while it is sitting in the bank.

Thanks again, and keep the answers coming.

Sophon

Just call them up. They employ excellent English speakers in customer service. I'm not being sarcastic, I've arranged service etc. many times and generally found their call center excellent. You don't need to go to any True shop, they will do it all on the phone. People bitch and moan about them, but in general I would rather deal with True than with any telecommunications/cable company in America.

Just call them up. They employ excellent English speakers in customer service. I'm not being sarcastic, I've arranged service etc. many times and generally found their call center excellent. You don't need to go to any True shop, they will do it all on the phone. People bitch and moan about them, but in general I would rather deal with True than with any telecommunications/cable company in America.

Thanks for your input. I have never dealt with True customer support, but have always been very impressed with the English skills of the DTAC employees. The seem to have a clear division between TrueVisions and TrueOnline, so maybe I will have to call them bth.

Sophon

When I had True I paid 12 months in advance and got the 13 month 'free'. It slowly dawned on me after several years of doing this, that I was actually paying for services I didn't receive. At that time I had the Gold package(?) - I think it was the gold package - it was the most expensive package that had everything anyway - including the Premier League football.

At that time it was around 2000 baht per month. However, the Premier league does not run for 2 months of the year - so I was paying for it and not getting it :whistling: Not their fault, but had I paid monthly I could have adjusted the package for one at a reduced cost. Also, by paying in advance, when we went to the UK for 2 months, I could not suspend the service. These are hardly major concerns if you are not worried about a few baht.

When I had True I paid 12 months in advance and got the 13 month 'free'. It slowly dawned on me after several years of doing this, that I was actually paying for services I didn't receive. At that time I had the Gold package(?) - I think it was the gold package - it was the most expensive package that had everything anyway - including the Premier League football.

At that time it was around 2000 baht per month. However, the Premier league does not run for 2 months of the year - so I was paying for it and not getting it :whistling: Not their fault, but had I paid monthly I could have adjusted the package for one at a reduced cost. Also, by paying in advance, when we went to the UK for 2 months, I could not suspend the service. These are hardly major concerns if you are not worried about a few baht.

I find your comment about "suspending the service" interesting. I will be going home for four and a half months next summer, so if it's possible to suspend the service while I'm gone, that would be nice. If you have more informaion about how this works I would appreciate it.

Thanks again.

Sophon