Expats Living North East Thailand

moffo

As a Yank I presume a 'pub' is where persons go to sit around and have conversations for hours on end about mostly the same things which they would converse back home; a 'restaurant' is where people go to eat ...

but no problem: If a go more than a week or so without someone calling me an idiot, moron, twa-t, or comment on my empty life or 'sad' existence, I start to think I must be losing my touch.

I hesitate to forgive your assumption on the grounds of being a "Yank" - frankly, with your experience Mr Jazzbo you should have known better.

public house: tavern consisting of a building with a bar and public rooms; often provides light meals

For the record, my "wife" is the registered proprietor of a high-end establishment that provides Italian coffee and high quality food for Falangs and Thais. Somewhat unusual in the boonies.

Of course, a licence to sell liquor (as you Yanks call it) is held so it is not unusual, on occasions, for our bistro to become a place where persons go to sit around and have conversations for hours on end about mostly the same things which they would converse back home. TIT - up to them!

Did I call you a twa-t ?

Chok dee. :jap:

Edited by cardholder

My apologies for my nomenclature -- it is just that when you mentioned the scintillating conversation a few posts back you neglected to mention that you have a vested interest in persons going out and spending hours and money at such an establishment rather than maybe staying home --

that noted -- I would look forward to enjoying your repast although I do not remember your ever mentioning just where it is ... and no -- not yourself but one of your fellow posters brought up that word but I have also been referred to as such elsewhere...

As far as criticism goes I just think of the the lamented Richard Farina and I Been Down So Long It Looks Like Up to Me.

My apologies for my nomenclature -- it is just that when you mentioned the scintillating conversation a few posts back you neglected to mention that you have a vested interest in persons going out and spending hours and money at such an establishment rather than maybe staying home --

I consider it more of a service to the community.

Providing an environment for stimulating intercourse (of course, that is subject to the quality of the input) without consideration for making a profit is one of the more selfless things I have done in my life.

Very good... I also provide a service to the Thai community and for that I have been awarded 501c3 (IRS) Non Profit NGO status in the USA which is recognized here in Thailand (the equivalent of Registered Charity in the Commonwealth) ... I do not raise and dispense funds but rather perform a service for which I have received US Government certification ... such is my sad boring existence...

Very good... I also provide a service to the Thai community and for that I have been awarded 501c3 (IRS) Non Profit NGO status in the USA which is recognized here in Thailand (the equivalent of Registered Charity in the Commonwealth) ... I do not raise and dispense funds but rather perform a service for which I have received US Government certification ... such is my sad boring existence...

Oh, brother. I wondered when you were going to throw that little bit of trivial nonsense into the discussion:

By the way, this quote is lifted from one of your earlier posts on this thread:

" If I go more than a week or so without someone calling me an idiot, moron, twa-t, or comment on my empty life or 'sad' existence, I start to think I must be losing my touch."

Let me reassure you that you are accomplishing your goal beyond your wildest expectations.

Oh, brother. I wondered when you were going to throw that little bit of trivial nonsense into the discussion:

By the way, this quote is lifted from one of your earlier posts on this thread:

" If I go more than a week or so without someone calling me an idiot, moron, twa-t, or comment on my empty life or 'sad' existence, I start to think I must be losing my touch."

Let me reassure you that you are accomplishing your goal beyond your wildest expectations.

Brothers indeed ! Both giving to the community in our different ways.

"Let me reassure you that you are accomplishing your goal beyond your wildest expectations."

I was right - I didn't think I had called you a twa-t.

Just as I was pretty sure that would bring you out of the woodwork -- I notice that you are so attention starved up there that anytime anyone says they will be within 50 miles of your outpost you send them a PM saying please stop by

Just as I was pretty sure that would bring you out of the woodwork -- I notice that you are so attention starved up there that anytime anyone says they will be within 50 miles of your outpost you send them a PM saying please stop by

No Sir !

I only send PMs when members ask where we are.

Stopping is optional.

Edited by cardholder

BTW that wouldn't be Last evening's conversations at the pub that I own **...

can you re-arrange these words <deleted> - boreing - sad -- Yes: I was planning on boring (sp.) an irrigation hole yesterday but I was sad that the GF's <deleted> got in the way. -

** from 'Western Foods' -- Posted 2010-10-10 23:32: We tried 150g and 200g - the latter was most popular with Falang customers, Thais prefering the smaller one.

Mr Jazzbo - your trawling which (as recognised by other correspondents) verges on stalking is misplaced:-

1. Farang's cannot own pubs or other establishments.

2. I would not operate a bar if you paid me.

3. Re-read post 14 again and take note that I was simply commenting on the conversations that were taking place.

4. Answer to TBWG - "larger than average" seemed to be the consensus.

Hi CH

Thanks for clarifying that important point :whistling:

TBWG :wai:

26!! posts have been removed!!! all totally off topic, flaming and trolling... and perhaps some holiday time from virtual northeastern thailand for the authors of those off topic and flaming posts... the subject is expats in issan and similar living in same area etc... keep to the subject at hand.

bina