Poll: What Homepage Do You Use ?

bangkokcitylimits

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why "iGoogle"? I use just "Google"

Kenny

iGoogle you can use for many things, reading news, listening to your favorite radiostation, checking the currency rates, translating... all without leaving the page. Here you can see what gadgets you can add, thousands of them. iGoogle gadgets

E.g. a gadget to create a personal link directory to your most used websites, or ripping a newsfeed from your favorite newspapers via an RSS feed.

Beside this you can give it a nice look by choosing your personal theme: iGoogle themes

Edited by bangkokcitylimits

I don't need a home page.. I have 10 different browsers, each with a multitude of tabs. [From 10 to around 300 (in Firefox)]

I keep trying to sort them in specific browsers... but some how I always end up with the New York Times and Bangkok Post as Tabs in each browser.

CS

I don't need a home page.. I have 10 different browsers, each with a multitude of tabs. [From 10 to around 300 (in Firefox)]

I keep trying to sort them in specific browsers... but some how I always end up with the New York Times and Bangkok Post as Tabs in each browser.

CS

Christ :blink:

You have max. 3,000 open tabs at once? WHY?!?!

CS

I think I clearly typed 300, not 3,000.

I open lots of tabs on things I want to get back to later.

CS

CS

CS

I read it as each of your 10 browser windows having 10 - 300 tabs each.

Edited by bangkockney

CS

CS

I read it as each of your 10 browser windows having 10 - 300 tabs each.

That's what the "(in Firefox)" was about.... To stop people thinking that I had so many tabs in other browsers....

Others are anywhere from 10 (or less) to about 100 plus.

Some I haven't used in a long time, like Opera, so Whenever I open it next, I'll have lots of Tabs to close that I'm no longer interested in.

I don't have a favorite Browser anymore... The heaviest tabbed Browser is Firefox mainly because most Private Torrents sites are run by geeks that like to code for Firefox and have been ignoring IE and IE based browsers. But FF crashes on me a lot, seems to happen everytime there is a new Flash upgrade, or even a new FF upgrade.. then it settles down for a while.

FYI the browsers I use.. in no particular Order are....

Firefox,

Orca (Mozilla Based)

Chrome

Maxthon 3 (seems to be Chrome based now, but I could be wrong and it may be IE9)

TheWorld

Avant (IE Based)

FlashPeak Slimbrowser (IE Based)

IE 9

Safari

Opera

All are up-to-date versions.

I was burnt with IE8, But IE9 is grabbing my attention again.

Opera and Safari are the least used.

I'm looking forward to the new Firefox 4 Tab Management system "Panorama".. Looks like exactly what I need.

And it is Much more Homepage like... just to stay on topic.

CS

Edited by CosmicSurfer

5 frequently used web-pages open up in Firefox when I launch.

Hotmail

My UK share portfolio

My US share portfolio

Family correspondence web-site

Google

I guess doing this is one reason why my PC takes several minutes before it's ready for me to play with - but I've got used to that over the years. Easy enough to switch on in the morning then go brush your teeth :lol:. I have seen TV computer-philes recommend that I should renew a PC every 4 years to keep up a top performance. Phooey to that. TIT