Chiangmai Travel Agent- Be Very Wary Of

moetownblues

So sad to see such a failure of common decency and social order within a society such that this person gets away with these bad actions year after year......

I can't figure why so many people keep going there and giving this woman cash? I book all my own travel on-line and pay by card to get the protection that is available to all of us. Why oh why use these agents in a land that everyone knows is so full of scammers? No point in crying afterwards when it could have been easily avoided.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And it takes around 6 hours for me to go through all the different options with the travel agent before telling them I'll think about it.

cheesy.gif Is that business class?

And don't forget, Thais always let Thai customers interrupt your negotiations, so be well prepared and bring your own meal and drinks enough for 12 hours.

:crazy:

Could the op give some google search words that would narrow down the possibilities? I think I know who you are referring to but not 100%.

You can PM him if you want the name.

I was thinking more of the many unregistered forum readers who can't pm the op but would like to know who to avoid, and I imagine google search avoids Thailand's defamation laws.

Just received info - thanks.

I might pop in and annoy them. I enjoy annoying charlatans.

And when you get there you will find the front door locked. She will let you in but locks it again behind you. I wondered why this was so but now I see it all so clear.

Tip: I always go to K&K Business, halfway Tapae Road right next to Tapae Inn hotel, just before the + junction (AIS office).

This guy is an Indian, straight and down to earth and he does a lot for his customers. Always finds you the best rates, sometimes advises to wait with a booking if a little later you will save money etc, he really cares..

I prefer him over any Thai as I know I can trust him, and most Thais have too much reserves.

A smart guy you can trust, his wife is lovely too..

K&K Business

053-252388

true thumbsup.gif

Tip: I always go to K&K Business, halfway Tapae Road right next to Tapae Inn hotel, just before the + junction (AIS office).

This guy is an Indian, straight and down to earth and he does a lot for his customers. Always finds you the best rates, sometimes advises to wait with a booking if a little later you will save money etc, he really cares..

I prefer him over any Thai as I know I can trust him, and most Thais have too much reserves.

K&K Business

053-252388

true thumbsup.gif

Are they related to P&P also in that vicinity. They are ethnic Indian too and Khun Praneet is most helpful.

Could the op give some google search words that would narrow down the possibilities? I think I know who you are referring to but not 100%.

I was thinking more of the many unregistered forum readers who can't pm the op but would like to know who to avoid, and I imagine google search avoids Thailand's defamation laws.

I thought I saw somewhere that TV mods were gong to come out with a standing on this sort of thing did i miss it

Its ridiculous that on a community forum that obvious schisters cant be named and shamed to warn TV members not to use them

DK

I thought I saw somewhere that TV mods were gong to come out with a standing on this sort of thing did i miss it

Its ridiculous that on a community forum that obvious schisters cant be named and shamed to warn TV members not to use them

DK

It would be doubtable if TV redaction (not a mods job) not add a pinned warning to the top of Chiang Mai forum, but to protect OP this should be done apart from this treat, and published not before this treat has been passed the frontpages (and locked to prevent from coming up again) because when the suspects see this treat the OP may be seen as whistleblower and thats not safe.

As TV is THE forum for and by expats, ofcourse we may expect they come with a pinned warning message soon.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Go to a lawyer and start an action through a lawyer.

2. Make a small poster in Thai and English on your computer and paste it to the shop window when she is closed.

3. There are serious efforts to clean up corruption these days. Send the case history and connection to the police to the Prime Minister.

Don't let it rest. People like this are scumbags.

PS: I always book airline tickets through the internet. Quick, safe and easy.

Loaded and etc..... How's your Thai ? And how many local agencies can you name and find ads for in ALL the local mags ? With a little bit of conscious effort and paying attention to rhyme scheme you can re-read my previous post where I talk about her balls for what she did to my friends ON THEIR HONEYMOON. Anyway, I basically say it, without saying it at all. It's in the next to last paragraph or so. Quite easy really. And then not as well. I always abide by the rules !

In Thailand there's always a way to say something without specifically saying it.

Loaded and etc..... How's your Thai ? And how many local agencies can you name and find ads for in ALL the local mags ? With a little bit of conscious effort and paying attention to rhyme scheme you can re-read my previous post where I talk about her balls for what she did to my friends ON THEIR HONEYMOON. Anyway, I basically say it, without saying it at all. It's in the next to last paragraph or so. Quite easy really. And then not as well. I always abide by the rules !

In Thailand there's always a way to say something without specifically saying it.

i wonder what ever happened to these guys Travel agent scam ?

I got suspended for 7 days for starting this topic as it breached the rules and I am sorry. I just wanted to warn a few people. Oh well I guess I am suspended again for this.

Suspended for this topic why ???? I'm sure it must have be a mistake, moderators are also normal people who can make mistakes. Just inform the admin if this happens, they do want to keep the quality high, and get rid of mods who not understand their job. Thank you for warning the expat forum community for this scammer. :jap:

I got suspended for 7 days for starting this topic as it breached the rules and I am sorry. I just wanted to warn a few people. Oh well I guess I am suspended again for this.

Suspended for this topic why ???? I'm sure it must have be a mistake, moderators are also normal people who can make mistakes.

History is full of normal people who make mistakes. Or rather, follow the letter of a law instead of the intent. Sometimes the results are not pretty.

Do you have any proof that her husband is with the police ? I have been living near Chiang Mai Gate for more than 10 years and know that her husband is not a police man but an ice delivery man. His pick up truck was parked many times in front of her office.

Does it have no use to go to the police ?

He he her husband is a Lt Col in in the Police. My wife tried that, Lamai Can give you full details if you want.

K&K Business

053-252388

I've done business several times with him also, and concur. He has always been a man of his word. I've called him from the US years back to handle a ticket for my wife who was in Thailand and there were no problems even with just reading off the numbers from a credit card to pay for it.

Do you have any proof that her husband is with the police ? I have been living near Chiang Mai Gate for more than 10 years and know that her husband is not a police man but an ice delivery man. His pick up truck was parked many times in front of her office.

Does it have no use to go to the police ?

He he her husband is a Lt Col in in the Police. My wife tried that, Lamai Can give you full details if you want.

The Ice Man Cometh in many guises.wink.gif

Regardless, it's good to know about these places and I say stick to the agents that many members have recommended over a period of time on this forum instead of wandering into anywhere.

I can assure you that ifyou go to the Tourist Police or division 5, you will get excellent help. There is a Thai employee who is a lawyer and speaks about three language and wil tgake your statement and the police WILL investigate and I believe you will be successful.. If you need details please pm me.

I can assure you that ifyou go to the Tourist Police or division 5, you will get excellent help. There is a Thai employee who is a lawyer and speaks about three language and wil tgake your statement and the police WILL investigate and I believe you will be successful.. If you need details please pm me.

I have written it off as bad judgement. My reason for this topic was simply to warn others to be wary. If they still want to use her then up to them.

I have written it off as bad judgement. My reason for this topic was simply to warn others to be wary. If they still want to use her then up to them.

quite right. after all the complaints and police reports what ever happened to Mau tours mentioned on thai visa last year? i heard they re-opened with a new name in a new location. buyer beware.

You may want to check with the "Thai employee who is a lawyer"???? as to the investigative powers of the police in this type of matter. Criminal vs civil come to mind, as far as police helping those who have been scammed.

This is a different agency from the old Mau, LOh? Seems to be in a different locale too, chai MAI?

I had heard the stories about Mau from several friends who lost several 100K baht on tickets over the holidays. Apparently, at one point, it was a decent agency and well established, but went south. 

I book all my tickets with an agency in the US and get as good or better prices than online or available at agencies here. And thus don't lose out extra $$ on exchange rate/intl bank fees for credit cards. 

(bTW - More hints there in line 1 - after checking realthaideal's hints with guidelines mag. )

This is a different agency from the old Mau, LOh? Seems to be in a different locale too, chai MAI?

I had heard the stories about Mau from several friends who lost several 100K baht on tickets over the holidays. Apparently, at one point, it was a decent agency and well established, but went south.

I book all my tickets with an agency in the US and get as good or better prices than online or available at agencies here. And thus don't lose out extra $ on exchange rate/intl bank fees for credit cards.

(bTW - More hints there in line 1 - after checking realthaideal's hints with guidelines mag. )

strange. you can write about friends being ripped of by mau, but you have to use codes to hint at the name of the tour company from the op. what ever happened to mau in the new location? what did they change their name to? i know some guys who came unstuck with them.

Edited by november222

I book all my tickets with an agency in the US and get as good or better prices than online or available at agencies here. And thus don't lose out extra $ on exchange rate/intl bank fees for credit cards.

strange. you can write about friends being ripped of by mau, but you have to use codes to hint at the name of the tour company from the op. what ever happened to mau in the new location? what did they change their name to? i know some guys who came unstuck with them.

Mau was exposed in the local papers and various other local news channels. 

And the name of this outfit the OP dealt with (which I have deduced apparently shares its final syllable with our fair city's name) hasn't apparently been reported on till now. 

The first syllable is apparently the same as the acronym of that sunny California city, known as the city of Angeles.  

The OP or others will hopefully correct me if I am mistaken.