Immigration Cm

Ned

Here is my recent story........Retirement visa due for renewal Oct 1, 2010.

I showed up Sept 28 at 8:05 A.M. and was given ticket #220 meaning there were 19 renewals ahead of me........I left !!

I returned Oct 1 at 7 A.M. sharp; was #1 standing at the locked glass door. At 7:10 the parking lot started to fill. Line was forming behind me. At 7:45 the door was unlocked and number tickets were selected. I was #1. All seats inside were taken.

At 8 A.M. reservation numbers were handed out; those holding number tickets were first. I was number 201. It was standing room only, inside and out.

At 8:30 sharp my number appeared above the desk of the interviewer. At 9 A.M. I walked out signed, sealed and delivered for one more year.................Have all of your paperwork completed as required before showing up.

It is the one day a year it pays to get up early..........

Jolly Roger

Just did mine today and everything went great. Got there at 7:50 AM and the year's extension was done by 10 AM. The officer even saw my 90 day report was due in a week so he completed that for me as well. Like the previous poster said, know the requirements and have your paper-work done before-hand. Also realize that some days might be very busy and it might be better to come back the next day. When I arrived, there were 20 people standing at the door. Year's past were never this busy, and the officer commented that they are handling more people than ever.

I noticed that they completed over 50 90 day reports by the time I left. Things seem to be working well there.

Yup, in my experience early-to-mid afternoon is a great time for 90 day reports and cert. of residency. Probably good for re-entry permit, too, but I haven't done that. It's not a good time for a 1-yr visa extension since they have just a set number of tickets for extensions each day and once they run out, you have to come back another day.