Moving Within Thailand

girlx

does anyone know if there is some sort of domestic moving service available- like a man with a truck that will move your stuff from bangkok to the countryside? if so i would love to have the details....

Not sure if this will help you or not, depends on the amount of stuff I suppose but when I moved from one side of Bangkok to the other I just had a word with my local motorbike taxis who I knew quite well. They had a guy with a truck that I rented out for the day (I think for about 1000 baht), all went smoothly.

As bkkmadness says there are trucks/drivers available parked on side roads all over Bangkok and a motorcycle taxi would know the nearest.

Do not believe there is much professional service for domestic transfers - for international travel there are a number of packing/shipment firms and perhaps they could do at a price if you have expensive pieces that would require extra care/cost.

does anyone know if there is some sort of domestic moving service available- like a man with a truck that will move your stuff from bangkok to the countryside? if so i would love to have the details....

Hi, don't know how relavant this is , but I have also moved this week, i will be leaving the states and heading to thailand end of week. Anyway I sold my bike (CBR 600) back to the dealership so I had no hassle or stress.

I then invited my ex-wife around to my apartment and she took what she wanted. when she was finished i told her put a sign outside with 'free stuff' and keep an eye on things until i came back so the place wasn't wreaked.

I am now staying in a motel until Sat when i fly, anyway the whole experience of moving was pretty stress free.

I will probally get a furnished apartment in Pattaya with a maid that kinda cleans and does errands and stuff :o

girlx, ask around thai friends, they may know someone with a pickup & most people would be happy for a bit of extra cash to help you move, this is what we did when we moved from Samui to Issan with 2 people & 2 dogs, the guy had a specially constructed frame for the back of the pick up that allowed 3 tiers & we loaded ourselves & the animals plus some of our funriture :o