Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

Sorry to break this to ye, but there's nothing about aphonda releasing the 250 in thailand.

Their own website has nothing, and the Honda website detailing the release of it:

http://world.honda.c...2101027CBR250R/

BANGKOK, Thailand, October 27, 2010 - Honda will produce the new CBR250R road sports model in Thailand and launch sales in November. This CBR250R will have the largest engine displacement of any vehicle produced by Thai Honda Manufacturing Co., Ltd. (Thai Honda), Honda's motorcycle production company in Thailand, and will be its first full-fledged road sports model. Following in the footsteps of last year's PCX 125cc scooter produced and sold by Thai Honda, the CBR250R will be launched as a global model for export to a wide range of countries such as the ASEAN countries, Japan, Europe, North America, and Australia. In Japan, the CBR250R is scheduled to begin sales in the spring of 2011

Doesn't actually say that it's being released here.

Don't listen to anything the dealers tell ye. As has been shown they vary from not eveing knowing it's existence, to having it priced at 100k.

Cheers chaps.

Dominic.

Dealer just confirmed to me that will have the CBR 250 in the showroom on 10th November...this coming Wednesday.

And yes the price just on 100K

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to break this to ye, but there's nothing about aphonda releasing the 250 in thailand.

Their own website has nothing, and the Honda website detailing the release of it:

BANGKOK, Thailand, October 27, 2010 - Honda will produce the new CBR250R road sports model in Thailand and launch sales in November. This CBR250R will have the largest engine displacement of any vehicle produced by Thai Honda Manufacturing Co., Ltd. (Thai Honda), Honda's motorcycle production company in Thailand, and will be its first full-fledged road sports model. Following in the footsteps of last year's PCX 125cc scooter produced and sold by Thai Honda, the CBR250R will be launched as a global model for export to a wide range of countries such as the ASEAN countries, Japan, Europe, North America, and Australia. In Japan, the CBR250R is scheduled to begin sales in the spring of 2011

Don't listen to anything the dealers tell ye. As has been shown they vary from not eveing knowing it's existence, to having it priced at 100k.

Cheers chaps.

Dominic.

Actually that release does say it will be released in Thailand. Thailand is one of the ASEAN countries.

the CBR250R will be launched as a global model for export to a wide range of countries such as the ASEAN countries

Exported to ASEAN countries.

Quite complex exporting to the country of production.

Cheers chaps.

Dominic.

Edited by DomToggaf

So, I went down to the local honda dealership on Saturday to talk about my PCX... Did not know that they would stock the new CBR150 but since they did, I had a look at it... Pictures does not do it justice, far nicer in real life.

I had the previous model a few years ago, but I found it just too small,in size...

I had a sit on this model and I am happy that they have made it just a little bit bigger.

The mechanic told me that the 250 will be the same size, only faster and less economical (yes, a 150 use less petrol than a 250)...

He thought it would be next month before they came with the 250 as they were just starting to push the 150 now.

I was looking for a bigger bike, and I thing that the 250 is the bike I will get. Good service, cheap (he claimed 115000 for the c-abs). If I lived in Bangkok it might have been different.

Top speed on the 150 he said would be around 150kph, whilst on the 250 it would be around 190kph...

As long as I can cruise at 160kph I will be happy!

Size is more important for me these days, and the fact that most of my riding will be done in town!

If you don't like the bike- fine... there is no need to complain too much about false marketing and the hype. I think that most people on this forum is capable to understand that this is not the best bike on the market, but then again, some people don't need what is best... I need a bike that I can go on a few trips with, have some size and can be fixed easily.

I was leaning against the er6n- but since they don't have a dealership in town, I will go with the 250... (a ride for 300km for a service is not tempting)...

Edited by snowflake

the CBR250R will be launched as a global model for export to a wide range of countries such as the ASEAN countries

Exported to ASEAN countries.

Quite complex exporting to the country of production.

Cheers chaps.

Dominic.

Not at all, very common to do here, as in many other countries that have special "Export Manufacturing Zones" Companies located within the areas are treated the same as an offshore company and if sell in the local economy do in fact need to "Export" into the country where they are located. that is the point the customs etc tax/duty the product

Snowflake if someone told you that the new Honda 250 is going to go nearly 120 mph then they were either winding you up or had no idea what they were talking about. If it gets to a genuine 100 mph, 160 kph, I will be very surprised.

A 250 single in such a mild state of tune is just not capable of such high speeds.

I might not test drive my cars before I buy them, but bikes... I have too... It is so individual what they handle like... Some people like something different...

It sounds realistic that the bike should be able to find 190kph... if the Kwak finds over 200Kph... But then again, I will not be the first to buy one, listen, test and judge comes to mind, but I do like the looks of the 150...

Again, testing is a must! And I guess we will see how fast it will go.

When I bought the airblade a few years ago, I did not test it (first bike I did not test)... I just loved the way it looked... When it topped out at 80kph I was pissed off... It was sold 4 months later... Never untested bike again!

I might not test drive my cars before I buy them, but bikes... I have too... It is so individual what they handle like... Some people like something different...

It sounds realistic that the bike should be able to find 190kph... if the Kwak finds over 200Kph... But then again, I will not be the first to buy one, listen, test and judge comes to mind, but I do like the looks of the 150...

Again, testing is a must! And I guess we will see how fast it will go.

When I bought the airblade a few years ago, I did not test it (first bike I did not test)... I just loved the way it looked... When it topped out at 80kph I was pissed off... It was sold 4 months later... Never untested bike again!

Agree about the testing but until someone buys one and provides a good evaluation, (or a magazine) I doubt anyone is going to get a "real" test ride from any dealer.

I would be extremely surprised if the new (standard) CBR250 can reach 190kph. More likely 160 kph will be a realistic speed to expect, basicly the same as the Kwak 250. But I think maybe have more grunt to get there than the kwaker The ERN is a different story tho with 650cc available.

I also think the 250 will not go more than 150-160 kph max. In the specs of the new cbr 150 top speed mentioned 160kph, which is not true most new owners confirmed about 128-132 kph so maybe 140 kph with perfect conditions. The 250 is heavier and have bigger tires so as i said 150-160 kph max, which is for myself ok....

I'd just like to point out that stock the numbers that snowflake gave for performance just ain't happening...except maybe on the speedo, but not real life.

Stock CBR 150 (old model) would do low 130's GPS verified---when I was fully tucked in.

Stock Ninja 250 will do 153 GPS verified--once agian fully tucked in.

Note both of those were on flat roads (no cheating by going down hill drafting a lorrie), so if you seriously believe that a stock CBR 150R will be faster than the fastest NA Ninja 250 in the world (and the CBR 250 will be 25% faster yet!), than lay off whatever you've been huffing.....

Several of us in the old 150 thread have seen better.

Myself, I have seen an indicated 155kph. Flat on the tank. No wind.

But I weight 66kg and the speedo is not that accurate. :D

It will come down to how much you weigh, I think.

If the rider is 85-90 kg(common for farang rider) you will not see the best top speed.

The numbers I said were given to my by a Thai mech... He has so far been on the spot with everything he has told me...

I agree that 190kph sounds like much, but some people have on this forum talked about the Ninja hitting 200kph... So I assumed that the CBR might not be as fast as the Ninja, but not that much slower...

If people have used their GPS to get the REAL speed, I will believe that over any Thai mech...

But then again, who knows...

Most of my riding would be done at 130-150kph as that would be my comute to a town close by for special classes... In town I would never swap my PCX for a CBR... (A bigger bike maybe, but not a CBR)...

Let us wait and see, maybe the little honda will suprise us, maybe not, but first, let us get it into the showroom, then I will go down to the dealership and test the living s-t out of it...

I buy it for a long distance, I will test it for a long distance(minimum 40 min ride)!!!

Cheers chaps.

Dominic.

Dealer just confirmed to me that will have the CBR 250 in the showroom on 10th November...this coming Wednesday.

And yes the price just on 100K

I do sincerely hope you are right BUT... is this the same dealer who took your deposit for a VTR250 way back when? Just wonderin'... :whistling:

I had the previous model a few years ago, but I found it just too small,in size...

I had a sit on this model and I am happy that they have made it just a little bit bigger.

The mechanic told me that the 250 will be the same size, only faster and less economical (yes, a 150 use less petrol than a 250)...

Top speed on the 150 he said would be around 150kph, whilst on the 250 it would be around 190kph...

As long as I can cruise at 160kph I will be happy!

Well the 150 isnt bigger. The frame, swingarm and the front shocks are exactly the same as on the old one. Rider position might have changed slightly moving the seat backwords. Its not bigger.

About the 250 and then it will not make you happy as you cant "cruise" at 160 with this one. At 160 you will be pushing it quite hard. The weight and hp speaks for itself. There is no need to look at anything more than these two things for anyone that knows a bit about bikes. This is no bike for cruising in 160.

And for sure it does not have a top speed of 190 kmh! If it has a top speed of 190 and I'll promise all TV members that I'll bareback the ugliest katoi online for you all. That much I know about bikes so it wont happen.

PS! I am not going to stop talk negative about this bike as I am posting facts in an open forum. So if these are the facts then I am sorry, but you have to live with it. Its not only you guys reading this thread but many from around the world. Look at the views already. TV comes high up on search engines and are actually rated at approx 5000-6000 so info need to get out..

Edited by Thunderbird4ever

for once i am agreeing with Thundermouth. The Cbr250r 2011 fuel injection will not do 190kmh in stock form. And its very unlikely even when it has been breathed upon.

The original CBR250 (the mc19/21) would just about get around 190ish and that was a similar weight BUT with a 4 cylinder , 40-45hp, 19,000rpm engine. I know i had one.

I would think this new one would cruise easily in the 120-30 range and max out at 150-160 depending on the weight of the rider. but it will have decent midrange and be very rideable. if those figures do it for you. then its a good bike.

i personally like the price, the looks and the abs option. could it have 5-10 hp more hel_l yes. will it do me DAMNED IF I KNOW until i try it.

as for test rides. it might be worth checking the HONDA SAFETY course see if they have them. i think if they have for 500b you can take them round the track for an hour or 2. gonna get the missus to ask LOL

Edited by thaicbr

190 km/h on such a tiny bike? I would not dare, especially not in Thailand.

However CBR150/250 and the Ninja 250 are small bike for max. 170 cm body height, preferrably short legs. So nothing for me at all. Even the 650er Kawa's are small. Guess I have to look for a Roadking or a nice BMW Tourer.

ok got the missus to check. it would seem that from about the middle of the month they will be available to test at the HONDA safety centres. 4 sites are being arranged not sure where BUT can confirm that ramkaenheng one will have them. just test around the course which is fairly large but certainly can not do top speed run. OH and free. But have to book. let you know more when they let me know more......................

^^ I asked you politely to butt out.

You aren't talking facts, you are beating us over the head with your opinion. :bah:

Bobbin,

Are you saying the bike isn't too heavy and underpowered for a 250? To me that is much more of an opinion than the "facts" suggest (quoted weight and horsepower numbers provided by Honda).

190 km/h on such a tiny bike? I would not dare, especially not in Thailand.

However CBR150/250 and the Ninja 250 are small bike for max. 170 cm body height, preferrably short legs. So nothing for me at all. Even the 650er Kawa's are small. Guess I have to look for a Roadking or a nice BMW Tourer.

Kawa 650's are too small? Have you heard of the Kawasaki Versys? Bars are a lot taller than the ER6n / Ninja 650R and the seat is higher as well. I'm 5'10" tall and can't flat foot it...

110710VersysPitstop1SSR.jpg

Apologies for going off topic y'all! :jap:

Tony

^^ I asked you politely to butt out.

You aren't talking facts, you are beating us over the head with your opinion. :bah:

Bobbin,

Are you saying the bike isn't too heavy and underpowered for a 250? To me that is much more of an opinion than the "facts" suggest (quoted weight and horsepower numbers provided by Honda).

Hmmm... Well, it's all relative isn't it? If you measure your bike's performance by PRICE, then the CBR250 is a pretty good deal IMO. In Thailand where there are very limited choices of 250cc motorcycles the new Honda CBR 250 is a VERY good deal. Sure, there are some trolls like thundermouth who are all bent out of shape because Honda is calling this thumper in sport bike clothes a "CBR", but honestly, it's just a name, right? If it bothers someone that much just peel off the CBR sticker and be done with it yeah?

We'll have to wait and see this new CBR 250 go head to head with the Kawasaki Ninja 250R as those are the only 250cc sport bikes sold in Thailand. Personally I doubt very much that the CBR 250 will be quicker than a Ninja 250R, BUT it's certainly a lot CHEAPER, and as a result I expect it will sell very well because not everyone buys a bike just for speed. Many are just looking for cheap reliable transportation from point A to point B. If power and speed were the only factors that matter to buyers why was the little Honda Cub the best selling bike on the planet? :lol:

Ride On!

Tony

The thread is all abnout the Honda CBR 150 and 250.

You keep bringing other bikes in for comparison which actually either are not available in Thailand, are imports grey or not which will cost large sums on money, probably more than a CBR 150 just to become legal IF they can pass the emission tests. If not, you just threw away the cost of a perfectly reasonable bike.

If people don't want a CBR 150 or 250 they won't be looking at one but something more to there needs at a higher price and be perfectly happy to do so. On the other hand if the Honda is what they like they won't give a rats ass what anybody else thinks or says because it is THEIR CHOICE.

If you can persuade anyone to buy a big bike instead of the Honda then good for you but I doubt that will happen as the vast majority of the posters here are looking for something that is reasonably priced, street legal, fixable at most local dealers and is not to expensive to keep on the road and perhaps in the future has a reasonable resale value.

As I recall this is a thread about the Honda CBR 250.

Everybody who has read the thread knows that you don't like it and I would think that 90% or more don't care what you think any more so I am politely asking you to please give it a rest and get on with your life and let the people who ARE interested get on with theirs

EXACTLY! I'm in that 90%+ group who don't give a rats ass about what he, or anyone else, thinks. I'm waiting for the 250 to come in, but if I decide I like the 150 better, then I'll go with that.

And I dont give a rats ass about what you say or tell me to do. If you dont like it , then piss off of this forum and find yourself another home!

As you have some superior rights to whats going on here... You dont have that that or anything close to it even if you buy this bike, like it and live in Thailand.

Me.. I am gonna DISS this bike for the junkyard crap it is till it ends it days at production site. Hopefully then they will release something better then and have learnt a lesson or two from this world crap CBR.

What a nasty, narrow minded impolite little person you are.

Why should I "piss off of this forum" on your say so.

I have never claimed superior rights on this or any other forum and as far as I am aware only a moderator can get me banned.

I know you are not a moderator and as far as I am aware you have no official connection with either Honda Thailand or Honda Japan.

You would be better off ranting at them as they are the people who have made such an inferior motor cycle albeit in your mind though not in other peoples opinion.

If you really want to save Honda and teach them a lesson why don't you apply for a job as a world manager for new motorcycle releases.

Who knows, they may take you on but I doubt it.

Your inter personal skills are not quite good enough.

If you are going to diss the bike until the end of producion I personally hope that it will be produced for another 10 years. At least it will serve to get your post count up.

Dear Mr. T.

You have made your point. Over and over and over.

Time to sit back and let us speculate how suitable this machine will be for the rest of us.

You are in danger of being tagged a "serial antagonizer".

And that could mean a little "vacation".

A long vacation would be nicer.

Dear Mr. T.

You have made your point. Over and over and over.

Time to sit back and let us speculate how suitable this machine will be for the rest of us.

You are in danger of being tagged a "serial antagonizer".

And that could mean a little "vacation".

A long vacation would be nicer.

A permanent vacation would be best. :lol:

Several of us in the old 150 thread have seen better.

Myself, I have seen an indicated 155kph. Flat on the tank. No wind.

But I weight 66kg and the speedo is not that accurate. :D

It will come down to how much you weigh, I think.

If the rider is 85-90 kg(common for farang rider) you will not see the best top speed.

More your frame. The weight of the rider matters little at that speed; the wind resistance from a bigger body is much worst. Assuming you had stock tyres and your speedo 'drift' was the same ~8% as mine you were actually doing ~142....

The numbers I said were given to my by a Thai mech... He has so far been on the spot with everything he has told me...

I agree that 190kph sounds like much, but some people have on this forum talked about the Ninja hitting 200kph... So I assumed that the CBR might not be as fast as the Ninja, but not that much slower...

If people have used their GPS to get the REAL speed, I will believe that over any Thai mech...

But then again, who knows...

Most of my riding would be done at 130-150kph as that would be my comute to a town close by for special classes... In town I would never swap my PCX for a CBR... (A bigger bike maybe, but not a CBR)...

Let us wait and see, maybe the little honda will suprise us, maybe not, but first, let us get it into the showroom, then I will go down to the dealership and test the living s-t out of it...

I buy it for a long distance, I will test it for a long distance(minimum 40 min ride)!!!

The max speed for a heavily reworked NA Ninja 250 is (was?) ~110 MPH IIRC...I.E. 176 km/h. And yes, I have used my Zumo on the Ninja and the highest speed that I was able to get was listed earlier. But I'm not that small framed either; perhaps someone slimmer could get a better speed.

Good luck getting a test ride; with the exception of Tiger which manufacturer/dealer allows that?

Well the 150 isnt bigger. The frame, swingarm and the front shocks are exactly the same as on the old one. Rider position might have changed slightly moving the seat backwords. Its not bigger.

About the 250 and then it will not make you happy as you cant "cruise" at 160 with this one. At 160 you will be pushing it quite hard. The weight and hp speaks for itself. There is no need to look at anything more than these two things for anyone that knows a bit about bikes. This is no bike for cruising in 160.

And for sure it does not have a top speed of 190 kmh! If it has a top speed of 190 and I'll promise all TV members that I'll bareback the ugliest katoi online for you all. That much I know about bikes so it wont happen.

PS! I am not going to stop talk negative about this bike as I am posting facts in an open forum. So if these are the facts then I am sorry, but you have to live with it. Its not only you guys reading this thread but many from around the world. Look at the views already. TV comes high up on search engines and are actually rated at approx 5000-6000 so info need to get out..

As opposed to your private viewings now?

We're going to the Progressive International Motorcycle Show in San Mateo, California on November 20th. Honda is not currently listed as doing demo rides in San Mateo, but maybe the "subject to change" will indeed change since the CBR250R world bike was only recently announced. If I get a chance, I will definitely ride one. Hopefully, some of you will already be proud owners by that time.

Participating Manufacturer Demo Rides Per Market*:

• Dallas – Can-Am Spyder Roadster, Harley-Davidson, Kawasaki, Star, Yamaha
  • San Mateo – Can-Am Spyder Roadster, Harley-Davidson, Kawasaki, Star, Yamaha
  • Southern California - Can-Am Spyder Roadster, Harley-Davidson, Kawasaki, Star, Triumph, Yamaha and Victory
  • Greenville, SC – Kawasaki, Star, Yamaha
  • Daytona - Triumph

*Subject to change

By the way, no price has yet been listed on Honda's U.S. website. It still shows the CBR250R world bike as:

MSRP TBD (manufacturer's suggested retail price to be determined)

Edited to add info re lack of U.S. price...

Edited by kpmsprtd

ok got the missus to check. it would seem that from about the middle of the month they will be available to test at the HONDA safety centres. 4 sites are being arranged not sure where BUT can confirm that ramkaenheng one will have them. just test around the course which is fairly large but certainly can not do top speed run. OH and free. But have to book. let you know more when they let me know more......................

Looking forward to getting your feed back if you do a 'safety course' on the 250. Hope they do one at Bira; at least the Wave has the range to reach there! :lol:

Someone mentioned earlier that APe Honda hadn't officially released the 250 cause it is not on their website. Their website is a dog's breakfast, they don't even have an up-to-date price list and are still showing the price for the old CBR150 and don't have the new 150 on it.

Edited by taichiplanet