Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a bit funny whats going on here as no one of you are really posting why its such a great bike.

Instead many of you start to talk about how one can get the power up, Thats quite funny as how underpowered it is combined with the weight is the two main reasons for why its not great.

Getting the power up on this great bike means removing the catalysator which in terms of emissions means more polution and more use of fuel. If tuning for bigger power with cams, valves internals and you ll get a quite gasoline hungry great bike. What about that.. Or doesnt that fit into defending this great bike...

You know, even if a bike like this cost 50.000 B or for that sake was free, It wouldnt make it a great bike. Some of you need to be more honest and isolate the bike from all other things and look at only the bike.

If realesing a bike with these specs and what Honda states is a world bike, meaning a bike that the whole world can afford and could drive it certainly should not have looked like this or be named a CBR. A CBR bike in design and power no matter what model you look at from the earliest CBR250, CBR400.. 600 and all the way up and it has never been a model that was meant for everyone. It has always been a bike model for the ones leaning towards racing, motorsports and to be the top of the line in terms of this and to be assosiated with the fastest bikes in its class no matter what cc it was. Thats why its all wrong and why critisism from people like me will come.

CBR is a well established term in the sportsbike world so of course people who live and die for this will be dissapointed and a bit upset.

A bike with these specs, shocks etc and it would be much more suitable to have called it something like CB250 S (Sport), CBS250 or CB250 RS,

and should also had a different design more towards touring.

This bikes spec, the name of the bike and Hondas world bike strategy and it all seems to just be in a big bowl of soup stirred together. What really is this bike and whats the point with a CBR world bike?

Ie, make up an example from the car world like the Subaru Impreza GT (220hp), WRX (280hp), WRX STI (appox 320) and WRX RA and other limited ver. (up to 350hp). People with some passion for Japanese cars all know that these are all turbo cars, fast, 4x4, reliable, upgraded brakes, suspension, interior and more. There are many models but mostly known by the term WRX. The closest you can get to a rally car on the street in the same way as a CBR is the closest to a racing track bike.

So what do you think the established Subaru community would have said if Subaru did release a car in the Impreza body but with no turbo, a small 1600 cc engine no 4x4 (could not happen though as all Imprezas have been 4x4 for a long time) and all other performance parts left out to standard BUT in a full WRX bodykit and with a WRX badge on it. Do you really think that would pass? No way and it would have started a massive critisism from this community. Also it would not have been a great car.

So what did Subaru do when they released a less powerful WRX model for the European market and which was only 220 hp. Except from the turbo size it was all the same car as the standard Japanese WRX. They saw that it didnt deserve the badge WRX so they gave it the name GT. This model was very easy to get up to WRX specs and almost identical but because of the lower power they went with the name GT.

In north America a very strange Impreza model was introduced in 1998 that looked the same as the WRX STI Ver6 but did not even have a turbocharger and produced only 170 hp. It had upgraded brakes, bodykit and a big spoiler on the back. They gave it the name Impreza 2.5RS. So Subaru took some pride in giving their cars the right name and by that also aknowledged their WRX customers, the community and new buyers.

In the Subaru community the 2.5 RS was aknowledged like a standard 4x4 sedan that didnt impress very much. It has always been critisized for looking like the real deal WRX STI with forged internals, Brembo brakes etc.

So yes this CBR250 will get a lot of negative comments from Honda customers and especially CBR owners and understanders of what to expect from a CBR and its history.

Edited by Thunderbird4ever

Just back from the main Mityon showroom in South Pattaya. They had a red, white, blue CBR150. Nice size, as slightly bigger than the old one, and seat is wide and felt comfortable. It is running IRC tyres on 2.5" front rim and 3.5" rear rim. The price i was told was 72k!

I then asked about the 250 and got blank looks (same as last week) and a rather confused "no have 250, have 150!". Eventually after i kept insisting that the 250 existed someone volunteered "December" and then on price said "130, 140". In other words,; didn't have a clue. This from the main dealer! :annoyed:

It must be contagious!

Go to first dealer where wife's cousin works. No bikes yet, but "sometime today!". Dealer on Huay Kaew calls. They have bike. Go there. 1 bike, 150, red/white/blue. No price, can't find out price, but "think maybe 70 or 72,000".

Ok, personally, I kinda like the looks of the red/white/blue. Agree with taichi, the seat is wider and very comfortable, and while straddling it with the kick stand up, it has a better "dead weight" feel to it than the old one did, but that's just a personal opinion and others may disagree.

Headlight is new design, and hopefully better than old one.

But the one thing I definitely liked were the bigger tires (sizes quoted already), which should give the bike better stability, especially at higher speeds.

When I asked about the 250, it was Pom mai rue!

Ok, so we wait. Can't do anything till the 15th anyway as wife is going out of town Sat and won't be back till 14th. But on the 15th I WILL have a new bike. Which one remains to be seen.

Just back from the main Mityon showroom in South Pattaya. They had a red, white, blue CBR150. Nice size, as slightly bigger than the old one, and seat is wide and felt comfortable. It is running IRC tyres on 2.5" front rim and 3.5" rear rim. The price i was told was 72k!

I then asked about the 250 and got blank looks (same as last week) and a rather confused "no have 250, have 150!". Eventually after i kept insisting that the 250 existed someone volunteered "December" and then on price said "130, 140". In other words,; didn't have a clue. This from the main dealer! :annoyed:

It must be contagious!

Go to first dealer where wife's cousin works. No bikes yet, but "sometime today!". Dealer on Huay Kaew calls. They have bike. Go there. 1 bike, 150, red/white/blue. No price, can't find out price, but "think maybe 70 or 72,000".

Ok, personally, I kinda like the looks of the red/white/blue. Agree with taichi, the seat is wider and very comfortable, and while straddling it with the kick stand up, it has a better "dead weight" feel to it than the old one did, but that's just a personal opinion and others may disagree.

Headlight is new design, and hopefully better than old one.

But the one thing I definitely liked were the bigger tires (sizes quoted already), which should give the bike better stability, especially at higher speeds.

When I asked about the 250, it was Pom mai rue!

Ok, so we wait. Can't do anything till the 15th anyway as wife is going out of town Sat and won't be back till 14th. But on the 15th I WILL have a new bike. Which one remains to be seen.

It really is strange marketing. For 2 years nothing (when they should've done something) and now 2 bikes at once. It would've made more sense to release the 150 and then a few months later the 250. Now, how many people who would've bought a 150 will wait for the 250?! It does seem to me that APe Honda was caught unaware that World Honda would release the info about the 250. The blank looks i'm getting from dealers could be more of a poker face than a i-don't-know face. Maybe they are trying to curb interest in the 250 and make people give up so they buy the 150. Hence the price drop. Or maybe i am reading too much into it and need to have a lie down! :lol:

Or as mentioned on another site, maybe they are waiting for the release at the EICMA Milan bike show today before officially launching it in Thailand.

As you said, we wait.

Edited by taichiplanet

Its a bit funny whats going on here as no one of you are really posting why its such a great bike.

Nope not funny at all.

What is going on here is people are discussing the new offering from Honda. Those of us who have been here a long time know that a new non stepthru Honda, sold in Thailand, is something to talk about. None of us gave it it's name, or chose the specs. So take your complaints to Honda.

We use our bikes a lot and we are sizing this bike up to see if it makes sense to buy one.

We have no illusions about this being some sort of rocketship, The ninja 250 Isn't either, but those are the choices before us. If Honda had made this new bike into 45 hp race ready machine, we would be saying wow. But Honda didn't so we are saying, well is it worth it? I imagine many of us are disappointed but what else is out there other than second hand bikes?

I think the main question here is does it have anything over the Ninja and at what price would it make sense to buy this over the Ninja.

As a novice/intermediate rider i don't want a 40HP bike weighing 130kgs, i want a bike i feel safe on. I've had 2 accidents where things have jumped out from the side of the road. It is nice to have the extra power to blast past cars etc and then slow down again, but most of the time i am not gonna use 40HP. 30 or so would be nice, maybe we can achieve that with this bike with subtle mods.

I can only speak for myself but maybe many others will agree; i really don't give a stuff that it is called a CBR. If it was called CB250 or CBF250 or Fred250 or Martha250 i would still be interested. I suspect that Honda are using marketing by calling it a CBR, manufacturers have always used a top end product to pull in the plebes with a similar named but lower spec one. As our frozen friend above said, talk to Honda if you have a problem with the name. As canuckamuck also pointed out there is not much choice when buying a new non-step through bike in Thailand.

Okay, if it was called Martha250 i would paint it out and not wear the T-shirt. :D

BTW. The Australian Honda site has it with a one year waranty, i wonder if APe Honda will give it the standard 3 year?

Edited by taichiplanet

For me, Honda's just like Thailand - I'm coming from a different place than where they are. If Honda notices Thailand as a sales factor with the 250CBR, one that appears to them so big as a formidable speed bump, farang here are but a bump on the speed bump to local dealers of small bikes.

Thus I circled around town, visited the two major dealers, and confirmed Just1voice's experience. Two-fifty CBR? Huh? (However I did get a 150 catalog - and a nice little ride on a perfect day on my bike. The new 150cbr was all but hidden inside toward the rear, far from being mounted on a place of pride outside.) I see that the new PCX is scrolled up, lots of Scoopies that are scrollier.

"All new" 150CBR offers 3/5 year warranty, according to the brochure - latter on the Fi system, if it's akin to earlier models. Drinks E20 too, if that's what you deliver.

Edited by CMX

FWIW comparison figures for the various bikes

. . . . . . . . . . . . L . . .W . . H . . . .. . WB . . Seat . . Ground . . C/T ...... Weight (kgs)

Old CBR150. 1910 x 652 x 1065 . . . 1286 . . 776 . . . . 172 . . . 25/88 . . . . 115

New CBR150 1977 x 695 x 1130 . . . 1310 . . 793? . . . 185 . . . 25/90 . . . . 138

New CBR250 2035 x 720 x 1125 . . . 1370 . . 780 . . . . 145 . . . 25/95 . . . . 161/165

Ninja 250 . ... 2085 x 715 x 1115 . . . 1400 . . 790 . . . . 135 . . . 27/85 . . . . 170

LxWxH (mm)

WB = wheel base (mm)

Seat = seat height (mm)

Ground = ground clearance (mm)

C/T = Castor (degrees)/Trail (mm)

Nope not funny at all.

What is going on here is people are discussing the new offering from Honda. Those of us who have been here a long time know that a new non stepthru Honda, sold in Thailand, is something to talk about. None of us gave it it's name, or chose the specs. So take your complaints to Honda.

We use our bikes a lot and we are sizing this bike up to see if it makes sense to buy one.

We have no illusions about this being some sort of rocketship, The ninja 250 Isn't either, but those are the choices before us. If Honda had made this new bike into 45 hp race ready machine, we would be saying wow. But Honda didn't so we are saying, well is it worth it? I imagine many of us are disappointed but what else is out there other than second hand bikes?

I think the main question here is does it have anything over the Ninja and at what price would it make sense to buy this over the Ninja.

You re getting close to my point here. The fact is that it is so many disadvantages with this bike that one should look at other options so you dont end up with a bike that only will satisfy you in very few situations. One should ask oneself is there some better bikes around for about the same money, or consider coughing up some extra money, meaning maybe saving up for a year more. If there is not a R-looking small bike in the market maybe look more in the direction of racing and if you really dont want that then look in the direction of more touring or in the direction of offroad.

What you will find is that there are bikes around that will give you a lot more fun and be a lot more bike, and also some with some great other options. And dont be scared to buy newer imported bikes as they wont brake if you use and take care of them like a normal motorbike owner should.

I'll come up with some good options but I am leaving out talking about peoples economy as it really has got nothing to do wether a bike is great or not. If the CBR250 had cost 30.000 B it would still be dissapointing in the same situations. But for sure, if the maximum you can spend is 100.000 B and only want a new bike sold by a Honda dealer and also must have the R-look then definately this is the bike for you. But then you also should not defend the bike as being very great as its your economy that is trying to justify it being that.

So I am gonna give you some good ideas for a couple of other bikes one should look at. Price range up to around 200.000 B.

Like i said before a CBR600RR 2004-2005 would be a nice bike to get if you want to go the racing way and it will set you back about 220.000 B for a nice one with plates. Also you could get a 2002 Yamaha R6 to well under 200 k. Now, i am the first to admit that this is a quite powerful bike and should be ridden by people with some experiance as they ve got around around 120 hp and are full blood. But its a heck of a lot more bike for the ones that can handle it or dont suffer from the lack of self control and just have to twist the throttle for what ever meaning.

It is a bit of shame but it really isnt any good newer 400 cc R-bikes available in todays market.

Then I would say that a newer Honda CB400 VTEC 1, 2 or 3 is a very good commuter bike and an allround bike with a much greater user potential than the CBR250 would ever have. Around +50 hp, good torque and a very well balanced powerband. SHOWA rear shocks and NISSIN brakes. The CB400 have had a 6 speed transmission from the beginning of the 80's. Loads of aftermarket parts and dozens of bikes coming in every week from Japan. A VTEC 2, 2004 in almost new condition can be bought for 180.000 with plates .

If going in the offroad direction and I would say here its very interesting what you get. A D-tracker is a very good buy and you get a lot bike and also a lot for your money. A great commuter bike, allround bike and also not so bad to go shopping with as handle bars are wide and on and off on the bike is easy. What you also get is a bike than can take you through most condition roads in Thailand. You dont need to worry about holes in the road in the same way as a street bike as it is a offroader on SM wheels. Big front shock the definately best shocks offered on a Thai made bike today. Also if getting a pair of extra enduro/offorad/motocross wheels and you can take it anywhere you want wether it be dirt roads, track or on a remote beach. Before the Kawasaki Versys is offered and I think it is the greatest bike and deal offered from the Thai motorcycle industry. Its de-restricted in Thailand but that is an easy D.I.Y. mod or 8000 B plug in device with a smaller fix to it. Tons of aftermarket parts, bore up kits and everything.

Also the Suzuki DRZ400 in SM version is a very nice bike that offeres great riding and have good potential for commuting and loads of fun! Much more powerful than the D-tracker and a bike that has proven itself to be reliable and is extremly popular in Europe in its class and in the growing passion for SM bikes these days.

Loads of extras for this bike to get also. 06, 07 and 08 very nice condition bikes can be had for under 200 k plated. With an extra pair of enduro wheels and its turned into a real offroad enduro bike. Take it to absolutely every riding condition that you can find and it will deal with it.

Edited by Thunderbird4ever

Also forget to mention the ER6 both versions that are two good bikes made in Thailand. The front suspension might not be the best but the bike has quite good power. They are coming down in price and I have seen 2009 at 170.000 b and several bikes where owners are asking 180.000. Definately two bikes to consider.

Like i said before a CBR600RR 2004-2005 would be a nice bike to get if you want to go the racing way and it will set you back about 220.000 B for a nice one with plates. Also you could get a 2002 Yamaha R6 to well under 200 k.

Sorry I think you are dreaming. Please share with us some links to PLATED '04-05 CBR600RRs in good nick for 220k Baht. An 8 year old R6 with a plate for under 200k Baht? Perhaps, but at that age you can plan on it being a money pit...

If going in the offroad direction and I would say here its very interesting what you get. A D-tracker is a very good buy and you get a lot bike and also a lot for your money. A great commuter bike, allround bike and also not so bad to go shopping with as handle bars are wide and on and off on the bike is easy. What you also get is a bike than can take you through most condition roads in Thailand. You dont need to worry about holes in the road in the same way as a street bike as it is a offroader on SM wheels. Big front shock the definately best shocks offered on a Thai made bike today. Also if getting a pair of extra enduro/offorad/motocross wheels and you can take it anywhere you want wether it be dirt roads, track or on a remote beach. Before the Kawasaki Versys is offered and I think it is the greatest bike and deal offered from the Thai motorcycle industry. Its de-restricted in Thailand but that is an easy D.I.Y. mod or 8000 B plug in device with a smaller fix to it. Tons of aftermarket parts, bore up kits and everything.

Comparing a 157k Baht D-Tracker "motard" to a ~100k Baht Honda CBR 250 is quite the apples and oranges comparison IMO. You complain that the CBR is underpowered and overweight, but that's the most common criticism of the D-Tracker as well...

Also the Suzuki DRZ400 in SM version is a very nice bike that offeres great riding and have good potential for commuting and loads of fun! Much more powerful than the D-tracker and a bike that has proven itself to be reliable and is extremly popular in Europe in its class and in the growing passion for SM bikes these days.

Loads of extras for this bike to get also. 06, 07 and 08 very nice condition bikes can be had for under 200 k plated.

The DRZ400 is a great bike but a LEGAL PLATED DRZ400 for under 200k Baht? VERY rare indeed! '06-'08 for under 200k with legal plate? Please share you links or it doesn't exist... :rolleyes:

Another issue you haven't addressed is the value of a WARRANTY and the COST OF OPERATION. While I might agree that the Honda CBR 250 is not a terribly exciting bike, it will come with a warranty and cheap local parts. The cost of running a CBR 250 will be MUCH MUCH lower than ANY of the imported grey market bikes you've listed above. When you purchase a grey market import you have NO warranty and NO local parts supply chain. Grey Market imports often have very dodgy service histories. Sourcing parts from abroad can be time consuming and expensive. If you have the time and budget for a grey market import, great! But if not, then buying local makes much more sense.

The Honda CBR 250 probably isn't going to win any races but I'm sure it will be of typical Honda quality and provide many years of reliable low cost service.

Ride On!

Tony

TonysBike0810Sm.jpg

250r in action

OT

Has anyone read a hard copy of RidersClub Thailand magazine, if so perhaps you would post or PM the publisher's contact info.

I cannot find a website or reference to the publisher.

Edited by VocalNeal

In my opinion T-Bird is totally and completely missing the point. That point being that the majority of us are NOT looking for "show bikes", or "racing" style bikes, but bikes that appealing to the eye, comfortable to ride, with more speed than the "scooters", and something that can be utilized not only as a daily commuter, but can also be taken out on the road for trips, being able to maintain speeds of 100-120, knowing the bike will easily hold up under those conditions for many years to come with proper maintenance and care.

A relative inexpensive bike, as compared to those he has mentioned, with good warranty, along with ready availability of parts and labor. One that is stylish, reliable, functional, and fits in our budgets. Nothing wrong with the big bikes, and I've had my share of them, but for Thailand, and all other things considered, the CBR is about the only bike that makes sense, whether it be the 150 or 250, although I have given serious thought to the Ninja 250 as well.

For me personally, I have no ambitions to "keeping up with the Jone's", and don't give a rat's ass about what my neighbors, or anyone else, thinks. And after 20 years in special ops, believe me, my ego is well in check and doesn't need inflating.

My feelings on the red/white/blue 150? I like it! But still want to see the 250 before I make a final decision.

Oh, my wife also loves the red 150, but with her (somewhat stubborn) beliefs in Buddhism, since I was born on a Monday, red is an unlucky color for me, so a red, or predominately red bike is a no-go. A little red is ok, but black, white, blue and green are better. haha

In my opinion T-Bird is totally and completely missing the point. That point being that the majority of us are NOT looking for "show bikes", or "racing" style bikes, but bikes that appealing to the eye, comfortable to ride, with more speed than the "scooters", and something that can be utilized not only as a daily commuter, but can also be taken out on the road for trips, being able to maintain speeds of 100-120, knowing the bike will easily hold up under those conditions for many years to come with proper maintenance and care.

A relative inexpensive bike, as compared to those he has mentioned, with good warranty, along with ready availability of parts and labor. One that is stylish, reliable, functional, and fits in our budgets. Nothing wrong with the big bikes, and I've had my share of them, but for Thailand, and all other things considered, the CBR is about the only bike that makes sense, whether it be the 150 or 250, although I have given serious thought to the Ninja 250 as well.

For me personally, I have no ambitions to "keeping up with the Jone's", and don't give a rat's ass about what my neighbors, or anyone else, thinks. And after 20 years in special ops, believe me, my ego is well in check and doesn't need inflating.

My feelings on the red/white/blue 150? I like it! But still want to see the 250 before I make a final decision.

Oh, my wife also loves the red 150, but with her (somewhat stubborn) beliefs in Buddhism, since I was born on a Monday, red is an unlucky color for me, so a red, or predominately red bike is a no-go. A little red is ok, but black, white, blue and green are better. haha

Ignore him...he's trolling.

Oh, and with the part I highlighted, it almost sounds like she would rather have you get a Ninja...:ph34r: (sneaky women!)

that was taken in Bira... guy is actually quiet fast through the chicanes on what i assume is a twin cylinder .... same as the Kawasaki..shame they didn't make a 4 cyl with USD forks and twin disks like the original...

Bit deceiving really, making it look like a sports bike where its clearly not. Think a lot of people were disappointed with the Kwak after they bought it as they didn't past the sporty fairings.... better off getting naked ER 6 and at least if you drop it you don't have 10k repair bill..

Oh, and with the part I highlighted, it almost sounds like she would rather have you get a Ninja...ph34r.gif (sneaky women!)

Actually, she loves the Ninja 250, but also believes Honda has much better name recognition in Thailand, and a 250 CBR would be the better of the two. But she also really liked the red/white/blue 150 we saw yesterday, but have both agreed to wait for the 250 to do a comparison. I also want to see the 250's, but in all honesty, the 150 would be fine and suit my own needs with no problems.

Oh, and with the part I highlighted, it almost sounds like she would rather have you get a Ninja...ph34r.gif (sneaky women!)

Actually, she loves the Ninja 250, but also believes Honda has much better name recognition in Thailand, and a 250 CBR would be the better of the two. But she also really liked the red/white/blue 150 we saw yesterday, but have both agreed to wait for the 250 to do a comparison. I also want to see the 250's, but in all honesty, the 150 would be fine and suit my own needs with no problems.

The resale value is another consideration in the choice. 1 year old ninja drops 50,000 from new.

A CBR150 drops about 15,000 plus have 70,000 more left sitting in yer bank when u buy.

Not sure about the Honda 250 but suspect hold its value much more than a Ninja because of brand recognition. Whether brand name should be a valid point in depreciation value, or not, can be debated, but is a fact here in Thailand.

Edited by visions

that was taken in Bira... guy is actually quiet fast through the chicanes on what i assume is a twin cylinder .... same as the Kawasaki..shame they didn't make a 4 cyl with USD forks and twin disks like the original...

Bit deceiving really, making it look like a sports bike where its clearly not. Think a lot of people were disappointed with the Kwak after they bought it as they didn't past the sporty fairings.... better off getting naked ER 6 and at least if you drop it you don't have 10k repair bill..

Sry, bit confused... the bikes in the vid, you "assume" "it" is a twin cylinder? The new CBR 250 is a single cylinder...

The old CBR 250RR inline 4 was a SWEET bike but also incredibly expensive.

This new CBR is CHEAP (and performance-wise you get what you pay for...)

Sure, some folks aren't happy that Honda is calling it a "CBR", just as I think it's silly that Kawasaki calls the ER6f a "Ninja" in some markets. But who buys a vehicle based on it's NAME?! If you don't like "CBR" just peel off the sticker and be done with it! :lol:

Oh, and finally, drop a Ninja 650R in the Land of Smiles and the repair bill will be at most a few thousand Baht- the fairings, mirrors, bar ends and engine covers are incredibly cheap here in Thailand B)

Ride On!

Tony

but for Thailand, and all other things considered, the CBR is about the only bike that makes sense, whether it be the 150 or 250

And after 20 years in special ops, believe me, my ego is well in check and doesn't need inflating.

Wow.. then it must be quite many million drivers here with a different view on what makes sense as a bike for Thailand. What an utter nonsense comment!

And Mr special ops, bragging about been in special ops is rather a statement that you maybe havent but if so and its for sure not any indicator that your ego, psychic or whatever you are aiming at should be ok or better than others.

I tend to have several ways of wanting things now.

Do I

Like it

Want it

Need it

Got to have it

Will die if I can't have it

Very importantly can I afford it

It is starting to work for all big ticket items but before i retired I was like

That printer has gone through 2 sets of cartridges.

I will buy a new one today.

I gave that up years ago but my wife has the memory of an elephant and never lets me forget.

Just because I never listened to her then.

Edited by billd766

And warranty.. How many of you buying brand new bikes in Thailand has used their warranty. I guess thats a very few. Actually if a Thai made bike didnt have more than a day of warranty here I wouldnt give a dam_n. What ever brakes and its dirt cheap to fix. As I ve said before if thats the reason for why you gonna drive a CBR150 or a CBR250 then their aint much passion for bikes in your heart and also no point in arguing over what is a good bike or not as you dont got the knowledge or couldnt care less.

Yes there are. I had a check in on mocyc.com and a couple of CBR600RR is there for 160.000. Buy this bike for 150.000 and add 60.000 (or 70.000 reg fee, depending on who you know) and the bike is yours for 210.000. Everything advertised on mocyc.com has a mark up from one or two middle man.

he trick is actually to buy the bikes that has just arrived from Japan and not been in Thai for 6 years and had 5 different Thai owners. Take one straight from the lot or use one of the many grey importers and order from them directly and your bike will arrive Thailand in under 2 months.

3 years ago I could get DRZ400 SM straight from greyimporters that were almost like new for 115.000 B + reg fee.

So do some checking and get your arse around and you ll get great bikes for great price.

but for Thailand, and all other things considered, the CBR is about the only bike that makes sense, whether it be the 150 or 250

And after 20 years in special ops, believe me, my ego is well in check and doesn't need inflating.

Wow.. then it must be quite many million drivers here with a different view on what makes sense as a bike for Thailand. What an utter nonsense comment!

And Mr special ops, bragging about been in special ops is rather a statement that you maybe havent but if so and its for sure not any indicator that your ego, psychic or whatever you are aiming at should be ok or better than others.

Ok, last time I feed the troll.

a) I should have said that the CBR is the only bike that makes sense for ME. My mistake was assuming you had the intelligence to understand that.

B) As for my comment about special ops and ego, again I made the mistake of assuming that you would understand that anyone, or at least 95%, of those who have spent a number of years in special ops, regardless of which branch of service, don't have ego or "image" problems. We know who we are, we know what we are, we know what we've done, and what we're capable of doing, and don't need "extraneous goodies" to make us feel or look important.

I apologize for overestimating your mental capacities to link cognitive sentences into intelligent thought.

:jap:

And warranty.. How many of you buying brand new bikes in Thailand has used their warranty. I guess thats a very few. Actually if a Thai made bike didnt have more than a day of warranty here I wouldnt give a dam_n. What ever brakes and its dirt cheap to fix. As I ve said before if thats the reason for why you gonna drive a CBR150 or a CBR250 then their aint much passion for bikes in your heart and also no point in arguing over what is a good bike or not as you dont got the knowledge or couldnt care less.

Yes there are. I had a check in on mocyc.com and a couple of CBR600RR is there for 160.000. Buy this bike for 150.000 and add 60.000 (or 70.000 reg fee, depending on who you know) and the bike is yours for 210.000. Everything advertised on mocyc.com has a mark up from one or two middle man.

he trick is actually to buy the bikes that has just arrived from Japan and not been in Thai for 6 years and had 5 different Thai owners. Take one straight from the lot or use one of the many grey importers and order from them directly and your bike will arrive Thailand in under 2 months.

3 years ago I could get DRZ400 SM straight from greyimporters that were almost like new for 115.000 B + reg fee.

So do some checking and get your arse around and you ll get great bikes for great price.

Are you unwilling, unable or too stupid to post links? What bikes do you own and ride?

mocyc.com is FULL of beaters, stolen goods and scams. Buyer beware!

"3 years ago"... do you even live in Thailand? :whistling:

I have to agree with all the others who have come to the conclusion that you are nothing but a troll. :bah:

in reply to he first underscore:

Is 60-70k giving you a "real-legal" green book..or only some kind of "semi-legal" green book? I had most of my large bikes on invoice...but thailand enforcement changed so i went on a legal smaller cc bike a Tiger Boxer 250RS...and knowing that there are more people to "dis" the brand i need to point out those 18(later a modified 21hp's) did a pretty good job for my european weight...even though my prior bikes did often have mostly750 cc and more than 120hp's i still had a nice time riding this Tiger Boxer 250RS.

the second underscore:

so how would you know if it is direct from japan as there is nothing but invoices??? plus you likely are not the first owner of this bike anyways as it comes already second hand from japan? Not to mention the background of the bike....it may even be a stolen bike.:blink:

Best buys in thailand are locally built and sold bikes(also spares are easily available as pointed out by Bigbikebkk)....name a brand and select your choice...honda has the new sport"ish"cbr's now, kawasaki i find the best selection with now the versys, er6n, er6f, d-tracker 250 & ninja 250 ...and as naked bike in the lower price range there are tiger bulldog 150, tiger boxer 200 & Tiger Boxer 250RS...and all of those bikes are legal! Why on earth should anyone go through the import trouble and emission controls if you have alread got thos bikes available relatively cheap(for thai standards)....oh , and if your pockets are deeper, triumph, ducati, bmw, harley, suzuki,yamaha, ktm ...shall cater for your deepest desires .

It is not what you ride...it is how you ride :rolleyes:...well at least i try to say that ,having now a 100% legal , 25 year old ,yamaha Virago 750 :lol:

happy trails,

mbox

Saw a 150in the flesh today, couldn’t get really near as it was elevated and surroundedby scooters. But I could touch it and got a “brochure”. Exhaust looks a bit contrived,supposed to be something I guess, but actually is just gaudy. Does have aanalogue tach and digital speedo so at least the priorities are correct.

Theshowroom staff said 74,800 for the price. When I asked about 250 she said shewasn’t sure of the price maybe 150,000 she didn’t know and said New Year. Thatseems to confirm the lack of knowledge on the ground about the 250.

It occurredto me but maybe someone has touched on this before. Honda Thailand used to makeone of the most iconic small bikes of recent times the NSR150SP. I don’t earnmy money as a bike designer but it did occur to me that using the same philosophythey could have made a XXX250SP, complete with single sided swing arm etc. Butthis sort of comment is east when one is looking from outside in.

For the gentleman born on a Monday. The black one looks OK, but you are correct the white tank etc. of the triclour one looks nice.

I'll pass on the 160,000 ++baht 600 on mocy.com. Last time I went to a grey importer a Versys was 460,000-ish new from Japan, I add this just for comparison.

Was at the Honda shop ordering cam chain parts and saw the new CBR150 yesterday. Really glad to see they came out with this as now our old engines will continue to have parts. The new bike sure looks bulky with its bigger tank, bigger tires, and bigger muffler. Makes me wonder if Honda was trying to make it look like a liter bike. With that said, if I didn't already have one, I'd be pretty interested. I've got mine running so well I'm going to stay a retro-grouch for a while. Here are some pics....

post-498-0-93941400-1288778177_thumb.jpg

post-498-0-02009100-1288778201_thumb.jpg

post-498-0-47635100-1288778236_thumb.jpg