Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

with about 7.500 km on the clock i figured. why not get my oil changed before the 12.000 km service interval. so i had that done at a local dealer. when i came to pick up my bike, i asked if they had changed the filter too and they hadn´t. one without the other is not good, so i asked if they could still do that. no problem sir :-) two guys flung the bike to the left...

so if you want oil and filter changed, you sure have to say so in los:-) cheers

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mention 160 km/h... The highest speed my bike could reach was 156 Km/h, and with my nose in the handbar...

By the way did some one experience problems with the new 250 CBR. My bike is misfiring and vibrates a lot. Either mechanics at my local dealers nor the area service advisor could fix it so I sent a complaint letter to Honda. Another technician came and after a short period, problems are back. No they suggest sending the bike back to the factory. I do regret I didn't by the Kawasaki Ninja 250...

Another piece of information: to compete with the Ninja 650, Honda will launch a CBR 650 next year. I wanted to get rid of my CBR 250, so I went to Mytyon to see the Ninja 650, no bike in sight, sold out and the coming production seems to be reserved...

BSJ

get the shop to reset the ecu. and then ensure that you are using decent fuel. then after about a week or so let us know if its better.

I hear what your saying. Maybe it's that simple. When I get back from holidays I will give it a go...but which Mityon dealer has a mechanic that knows how to reset the ECU? wacko.png

probably none... take it to the mityon kawasaki shop.......only kidding... i would imagine the big shiny one next to the traffic lights could do it.

laugh.png Ok, that nails it down to 2 branches: Pattaya Tai and Pattaya Nua. I'll toss a coin!

You mention 160 km/h... The highest speed my bike could reach was 156 Km/h, and with my nose in the handbar...

By the way did some one experience problems with the new 250 CBR. My bike is misfiring and vibrates a lot. Either mechanics at my local dealers nor the area service advisor could fix it so I sent a complaint letter to Honda. Another technician came and after a short period, problems are back. No they suggest sending the bike back to the factory. I do regret I didn't by the Kawasaki Ninja 250...

Another piece of information: to compete with the Ninja 650, Honda will launch a CBR 650 next year. I wanted to get rid of my CBR 250, so I went to Mytyon to see the Ninja 650, no bike in sight, sold out and the coming production seems to be reserved...

You might want to double check your facts. Honda is coming out with a new CBR 600, not a 650.

BSJ

get the shop to reset the ecu. and then ensure that you are using decent fuel. then after about a week or so let us know if its better.

I hear what your saying. Maybe it's that simple. When I get back from holidays I will give it a go...but which Mityon dealer has a mechanic that knows how to reset the ECU? wacko.png

probably none... take it to the mityon kawasaki shop.......only kidding... i would imagine the big shiny one next to the traffic lights could do it.

laugh.png Ok, that nails it down to 2 branches: Pattaya Tai and Pattaya Nua. I'll toss a coin!

ok on the left as you come into town... is that better...(i don't live in patters)

but i think you probably sussed that alreadyrolleyes.gif

what is all that - not fast enough - about? how fast do you actually want to go in los? i am looking for a bit more of a punch, but top speed at about 160km/h is ok for here as far as i am concerned. cheers

Maybe it's a reference to a desire for better acceleration and not top end speed?

But the new Honda CB'r' has neither... passifier.gif

I hear it's real fuel efficient though licklips.gif

what is all that - not fast enough - about? how fast do you actually want to go in los? i am looking for a bit more of a punch, but top speed at about 160km/h is ok for here as far as i am concerned. cheers

Maybe it's a reference to a desire for better acceleration and not top end speed?

But the new Honda CB'r' has neither... passifier.gif

I hear it's real fuel efficient though licklips.gif

accept they were referring to the "new" 400 that may be coming out soon.. and yes it's good on fuel.

Ok, just for the heck of it, I stopped at Kawasaki dealer here in CM today to check out the 2012 models, which are the same as the 2011 models, which are the same as....oh, never mind.

Anyway, was talking to the one girl there who speaks English about the bike, and the one interesting fact that came out is that SHE told ME that in March or April Honda was coming out with the "new CBR 400", and that would probably hurt their sales a bit, as the 400 would be a good "intermediate bike" between the 250 and 650 that a lot of people would prefer.

So, bottom line is, when the competition tells you that Honda is coming with a new CBR 400, then you can pretty much bet it's a sure thing.

Ok, just for the heck of it, I stopped at Kawasaki dealer here in CM today to check out the 2012 models, which are the same as the 2011 models, which are the same as....oh, never mind.

Anyway, was talking to the one girl there who speaks English about the bike, and the one interesting fact that came out is that SHE told ME that in March or April Honda was coming out with the "new CBR 400", and that would probably hurt their sales a bit, as the 400 would be a good "intermediate bike" between the 250 and 650 that a lot of people would prefer.

So, bottom line is, when the competition tells you that Honda is coming with a new CBR 400, then you can pretty much bet it's a sure thing.

Same as the old models??

You must have been looking at the old models, it's quite likely as all the 2012 models are sold on pre-orders and never hit the shop floor.

The 2012 Ninja 650 model, apart from having two wheels, is completly different to the old model,

New frame

new swing arm

new display

new fuel tank

ever body panel is new

new split seat

modified front and rear suspension

New exhaust

new rear light cluster

new adjustable windshield

different tyres

uprated brake pads

remapped ecu

New air box desing

altered compression ration to add more torque along with the exhaust modifications....... I could list more and add photos for a comparison but it is a CBR250 forum afterall :)

Same as the old models??

You must have been looking at the old models, it's quite likely as all the 2012 models are sold on pre-orders and never hit the shop floor.

The 2012 Ninja 650 model, apart from having two wheels, is completly different to the old model,

New frame

new swing arm

new display

new fuel tank

ever body panel is new

new split seat

modified front and rear suspension

New exhaust

new rear light cluster

new adjustable windshield

different tyres

uprated brake pads

remapped ecu

New air box desing

altered compression ration to add more torque along with the exhaust modifications....... I could list more and add photos for a comparison but it is a CBR250 forum afterall smile.png

so the OTHER Kawasaki models are the same as last years....biggrin.png

Also don't forget it might actually have been the sales person saying they are the same...they have the same names after all...

when they change the trucks Toyota is smart enough to add a name so Thai's KNOW it's a new model..

Toyota Hilux Vigo Smart Champ (I think that's all but there might be more)

I wonder if Honda is going to make the cbr 400 a one cylinder bike?

The bore and stroke of the 250 is 76mm (bore) x 55mm (stroke)...to equal 400 cc it would require a 96mm piston, bigger flywheel, valves, exhaust work, TB & intake, possibly a heavier crank. If they adjust the balancer weight they may be able to get away with it.

One cylinder 400cc+ bikes exist, so dont see why they wouldnt do it again. If they make it the same price as the Ninja 250 which is very possible - im on board. I also think it would be the perfect bike for LOS and a long time keeper.

But if it only does a measely 160 kph count me out, 180 kph unstrained would be nice, and a one cylinder bike is heaps cheaper to modify than a twin cylinder.

Edited by KRS1

I wonder if Honda is going to make the cbr 400 a one cylinder bike?

The bore and stroke of the 250 is 76mm (bore) x 55mm (stroke)...to equal 400 cc it would require a 96mm piston, bigger flywheel, valves, exhaust work, TB & intake, possibly a heavier crank. If they adjust the balancer weight they may be able to get away with it.

One cylinder 400cc+ bikes exist, so dont see why they wouldnt do it again. If they make it the same price as the Ninja 250 which is very possible - im on board. I also think it would be the perfect bike for LOS and a long time keeper.

But if it only does a measely 160 kph count me out, 180 kph unstrained would be nice, and a one cylinder bike is heaps cheaper to modify than a twin cylinder.

Food for thought, the KTM 640 only manages 177kmh from it's 625cc single cylinder engine, granted this bike is all about torque hence the lower than expected top end.

Ok, the CBR 250 is 139 and change.

Eh?

Yeah, 139k with a Yoshi pipe, a bazzaz z-fi fuel controller, a DNA airfilter, a nice set of set of Pirellis and a tip to the cute sale's girl. rolleyes.gif

Ok, the CBR 250 is 139 and change.

Eh?

Yeah, 139k with a Yoshi pipe, a bazzaz z-fi fuel controller, a DNA airfilter, a nice set of set of Pirellis and a tip to the cute sale's girl. rolleyes.gif

Ok, my bad. 129+ for the CBR. So 18k more for the Ninja 250.

Perhaps spend 1000thb on a flight to Bangkok when you decide to buy.

Surely that is a price from 'a Honda dealer' and not 'Honda'.

Fortunately, unlike Kawa and their set price gouging on the N250, Honda dealers have the freedom to set their own price. So there's great deals in most places nowadays.

Edited by hehehoho

I'm witing to see if they really do come out with a CBR 400. If so, then a trip south might be worth the money. Wife has agreed to also wait, but personally she thinks I should go get the new Ninja 650, which she loves. So we'll just have to wait and see.

Does anyone know where I can buy foam grips that go over the stock grips? I am looking for some vibration reduction in the hands. I've seen a few products in the US etc but the shipping to Thailand is higher than the price of the product.

Does anyone know where I can buy foam grips that go over the stock grips? I am looking for some vibration reduction in the hands. I've seen a few products in the US etc but the shipping to Thailand is higher than the price of the product.

I bought my foam grips in Reno Nevada for $14.00 & has made it to 2 bikes so far. Waiting for the 400 to put on next.

I have never seen real foam grips like the states have in LOS. If you do find some please post where you picked them up!

Are these the Grab-On grip covers your talking about?

If so how much would you pay for them here in THAILAND. 400B....500B....600B?

post-113955-132741865536_thumb.jpg

Testing the CBR250 trackbike

How are you liking it.. what have you done with the suspension.. anything.. i saw the mod to change out the front springs for kawa ninjette springs.

I also see you have a pipe on it..is it all working now?

Edited by thaicbr

I had a 2004 Yamaha R1 in Boston and I considered myself a experienced, sometimes wild driver. But after seeing the way people/taxis/buses (i hate the buses) drive in Bangkok i wouldn't dare ride a bike. I get on a motorbike taxi to get out of my soi, but that's as far as im willing to go. Those of you who ride here, you are fearless and i wish i had your courage lol :)

I had a 2004 Yamaha R1 in Boston and I considered myself a experienced, sometimes wild driver. But after seeing the way people/taxis/buses (i hate the buses) drive in Bangkok i wouldn't dare ride a bike. I get on a motorbike taxi to get out of my soi, but that's as far as im willing to go. Those of you who ride here, you are fearless and i wish i had your courage lol smile.png

Hmmmm, i think more towards the stupid side than the fearless side to ride here.laugh.png

Every time i get on a bike here it is an adventure, even getting in a baht-bus or bus or car is an adventure. Maybe Thailand should change their slogan to 'Land of Adventure'. Though compared to China, Thai drivers appear to be well behaved. A mate lives in Bali and he reckons the driving is much worse there than even China, let alone Thailand.

Which is why i love the little CBR150. A relatively light and slim bike for traffic, and enough power to get to in front of most of the pack when the lights change, but not too much power that i am tempted to accelerate hard and therefore into potential problems. Maybe one day i will step up to a 250 or something, but mainly only to get the ABS brakes!