Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

If you paint a red bike a deep dark red. A black-red. Really dark, but still a touch red...

Do you have to change the registration?

ps - good paint job - 5000

plastic - 8-10,000?

The DLT seems fairly relaxed with their description of colours, as they just stick to basic colours. So all reds are red. Silver and gray is gray, etc. The Repsol was described as Orange and Blue, so might have a slight problem if doing multi-colour.

It really is not difficult to get it changed, you can easily do it yourself if you have the time. When i changed the colour of one of my bikes, i paid a few hundred baht to a friendly motocy-taxi guy and he took the bike to the DLT and did it all for me.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

15 vs 250

There has been, and will continue to be, a lot of talk about both bikes. And while sitting here this morning enjoying my coffee, I was contemplating the differences between the two, and what will prompt some, like me, to go for the 150, while others are pretty much dead set on the 250. So, let’s look at a few things.

STYLING – The styling on both is a guaranteed “eye-catcher”. My tri-color draws attention and notice wherever I go, and I’m sure the 250 will do the same. Both are much better looking than anything that’s been available so far, excluding, perhaps, the Ninja 250.

COLOR AVAILABILITY – Right now colors and color combinations are somewhat limited, but I have a feeling that will change over time, with more color options becoming available for both bikes. A good example of this is the Honda PCX. When they first came out I thought the color combinations were atrocious and not attractive at all. Then, a couple of weeks ago the Honda Showroom in CNX had one that was all white, with black flowing decals that looked great! Apparently someone else did as well because the next day it was gone.

PERFORMANCE – While it’s a no brainer that the 250 will outperform the 150 on the highways, I have a feeling the 150 will definitely have the edge in city traffic. I have found very little difference in that aspect between my new one and my old one. But after renting a Ninja 250 for a couple of days, and deliberately taking it into town during peak traffic times, I found myself “stuck” behind cars/trucks because the bike as just too big to go around them in many cases. I think the same will be true with the 250.

And while I can’t speak for others, I’ll be 62 in a few weeks, and that, combined with some medical problems over the last 4 years, has somewhat tempered my “need for speed”, as well as the constant “living on the edge” and always looking for that next adrenalin rush.

GAS MILEAGE – Here I think the 150 will have the edge per liter over the 250 due to the smaller engine size. Again, that’s pretty much a no brainer.

RIDER COMFORT – For those of us who prefer this style of riding verses the “cruiser” style of say a Phantom, I think both bikes will satisfy us. I know my 150 does. In my opinion the new 150 has a much better and more comfortable ride than the old one.

PRACTICALITY – This, in my opinion, pretty much boils down to one question: “How are you going to be using the bike?” If most of your driving is in the city, I feel the 150 has the edge. If most of it is on the highways, advantage 250. If you’re like me and it’s pretty much an equal combination of both, then I think the advantage goes to the 150.

PRICING – I really don’t see this as a factor for most of us. If we can afford to plop down cash or major deposit for the 150, then the 250 is still in range.

PERSONAL PREFERENCES – This is what it’s all about. It’s what each of us, individually, are looking for in a bike, which is actually a combination of all the things I’ve listed above.

Both bikes have their advantages, and I think Honda has done the right thing in producing both, as each will appeal, for the most part, to a different segment of buyers, with both being happy with their selection.

Whichever you choose, ride happy and, above all, ride safe.

When I painted my CBR I made it mostly orange with some black. When it came time to change the registration they guy writing it up was saying it was a black bike while the other people were saying it is orange. But this guy was looking at the bike from the front (front fender is black) and wasn't going to get out his desk to see it from the side. It took a bit of convincing to get him to describe the bike as orange. I don't know why they couldn't have put black and orange.

When I painted my CBR I made it mostly orange with some black. When it came time to change the registration they guy writing it up was saying it was a black bike while the other people were saying it is orange. But this guy was looking at the bike from the front (front fender is black) and wasn't going to get out his desk to see it from the side. It took a bit of convincing to get him to describe the bike as orange. I don't know why they couldn't have put black and orange.

Because he's Thai, and that would have required him to put forth the effort of writing two more words: "and orange". :D

15 vs 250

There has been, and will continue to be, a lot of talk about both bikes. And while sitting here this morning enjoying my coffee, I was contemplating the differences between the two, and what will prompt some, like me, to go for the 150, while others are pretty much dead set on the 250. So, let's look at a few things.

STYLING – The styling on both is a guaranteed "eye-catcher". My tri-color draws attention and notice wherever I go, and I'm sure the 250 will do the same. Both are much better looking than anything that's been available so far, excluding, perhaps, the Ninja 250.

COLOR AVAILABILITY – Right now colors and color combinations are somewhat limited, but I have a feeling that will change over time, with more color options becoming available for both bikes. A good example of this is the Honda PCX. When they first came out I thought the color combinations were atrocious and not attractive at all. Then, a couple of weeks ago the Honda Showroom in CNX had one that was all white, with black flowing decals that looked great! Apparently someone else did as well because the next day it was gone.

PERFORMANCE – While it's a no brainer that the 250 will outperform the 150 on the highways, I have a feeling the 150 will definitely have the edge in city traffic. I have found very little difference in that aspect between my new one and my old one. But after renting a Ninja 250 for a couple of days, and deliberately taking it into town during peak traffic times, I found myself "stuck" behind cars/trucks because the bike as just too big to go around them in many cases. I think the same will be true with the 250.

And while I can't speak for others, I'll be 62 in a few weeks, and that, combined with some medical problems over the last 4 years, has somewhat tempered my "need for speed", as well as the constant "living on the edge" and always looking for that next adrenalin rush.

GAS MILEAGE – Here I think the 150 will have the edge per liter over the 250 due to the smaller engine size. Again, that's pretty much a no brainer.

RIDER COMFORT – For those of us who prefer this style of riding verses the "cruiser" style of say a Phantom, I think both bikes will satisfy us. I know my 150 does. In my opinion the new 150 has a much better and more comfortable ride than the old one.

PRACTICALITY – This, in my opinion, pretty much boils down to one question: "How are you going to be using the bike?" If most of your driving is in the city, I feel the 150 has the edge. If most of it is on the highways, advantage 250. If you're like me and it's pretty much an equal combination of both, then I think the advantage goes to the 150.

PRICING – I really don't see this as a factor for most of us. If we can afford to plop down cash or major deposit for the 150, then the 250 is still in range.

PERSONAL PREFERENCES – This is what it's all about. It's what each of us, individually, are looking for in a bike, which is actually a combination of all the things I've listed above.

Both bikes have their advantages, and I think Honda has done the right thing in producing both, as each will appeal, for the most part, to a different segment of buyers, with both being happy with their selection.

Whichever you choose, ride happy and, above all, ride safe.

Just1Voice i totally agree with you everybody should know how he is going to use a bike, commuting, travel, racing..... From that point of view there are different pros and cos for each bike. That why i will keep my old cbr150 for the city and get the 250 for weekend and longer trips. I think thats a good mix :D

I would mainly use the bike for city but i think i will still go for the 250 for 2 reasons.

1. ABS brakes (but i won't be surprised if this becomes an option for the 150 in a year or 2)

2. Highway cruising. I found the old CBR150 too uncomfortable; vibrations and top end speed not quite enough. I'm sure the new 150 is better in this department but the anti vibration technology in the 250 is better than the new 150.

Yes, i might get stuck in traffic a bit more with the 250, but that is mainly shopping and that is what the Wave is for! :D

GAS MILEAGE – Here I think the 150 will have the edge per liter over the 250 due to the smaller engine size. Again, that's pretty much a no brainer.

People should also be aware that in reports Honda are co-claiming up to an astounding 50km per litre on the 250 version. Although realistically it is expected to be around 25kmpl, with the 150 ringing in at around 35.

Cheers chaps.

People should also be aware that in reports Honda are co-claiming up to an astounding 50km per litre on the 250 version. Although realistically it is expected to be around 25kmpl, with the 150 ringing in at around 35.

Cheers chaps.

In the Honda Thai brochure (14 page booklet) on the 250 it claims 27km/litre

So has ANYONE actually managed to buy a cbr250 yet.. or even put a deposit on one with a delivery date?

I think the answer is no. My dealers says now 16th they will get non ABS as i want the ABS i didn't go further, but would be interesting if this date is for real.....

So has ANYONE actually managed to buy a cbr250 yet.. or even put a deposit on one with a delivery date?

I think the answer is no. My dealers says now 16th they will get non ABS as i want the ABS i didn't go further, but would be interesting if this date is for real.....

Honda dealer in Kanchanaburi also told me the 16th when I went in on Saturday.......release day?

He also said 120k bht which I took to be the ABS equipped price.

He had a heap of 150's that were already booked, ready to go out and looked very nice and well finished.

Hmmm....

Called around today and got "expected 15th or 16th but best to wait until next week"

On one call I overheard the answer in the background "the 15th but nobody knows... maybe the end of the month" :boring:

Told the girl I heard the comment so we all laughed :D

But I cried quietly cos I want my crimbo pressy now!!

Nothing but a big kid really...

Right... kettle on again.

Time to consider what will arrive first... the bike or 3G... :coffee1:

Today is the day AP Honda will show it to the press and public. The bike is a dissapointment with little power and also heavy. No adjustabilities and a heavy steel frame. Budget bike with absolutely no interest to a +60 kg rider. Cough up 60 k more and get yourself a CBR600RR 2004-2005 in very good condition and you could not have spent your money better.

For the ones that only has 150.000 to spend on a bike and dream about biking and only think new bikes are good, I feel sorry for you,

If a bike like this makes you happy I belive your not much of a biker. It falls beetwen a scooter and a big bike and is useless. Nothing more than a CBR 150 but heavy as a big bike. Take your gf on the bike and you ll have to rev that sinlge up to the heavens to make it go.

It should have been a twin with 45 hp..

Totally agree with you mate, the lack of it being a 2 cylinder, the small tank and basically a souped-up 150cc puts me off.

I like Honda's, hate Kawasaki's but this 250 is not my cup of tea. It could of been the Ninja-eater, instead it's gonna get it's ass handed to it...

I'll have to stick with my old 400cc warhorse for a few more years yet as I'm not down-sizing for a single, no-way.

Jim

Did you even read the thread before throwing out your (uneducated,as in nobody knows) opinion?

Odds are that it will give the Ninja 250 a good run for the money.

And that's the point. It's a lot cheaper. And perhaps just about as quick.

The engine is newly-designed for this bike. Not a bored-out 150.

Then i found this website.

http://www.hondasumetcycle.com/product.php?page=1&cate_id=1

it shows the non abs at 110,000b... marvellous. Ape can not even get the price right... :rolleyes:

How can you trust a website that has the USA flag for the English language section! :lol: And they've robbed the 250 photos from mocyc.com!

The 100k is probably just the recommended price, no doubt some dealers will try for a bit more. This mob in Phetchabun still have it at 100k standard and 115k ABS, but if the price has been raised by APe then should see a change soon.

http://www.jrmotor.com

APe Honda have not updated the price list on their website since March, so it doesn't have the CBR150i or CBR250 and it still has the Phantom and old CBR150! :blink: The CBR250 is still not listed as a product!

The prices 100,000 and 115,000 are confirmed by APHonda, for the people who can read Thai, you can all read about it here http://www.aphonda.c...200.asp?id=2353

Thats right, in that announcement its also stated that the release date is 10th December so their information is quite trustful :rolleyes:

From Friday 10 December the Honda CBR250R Honda dealers can order the bike, probably end of this week you will see dealers having it on stock... APHonda is a Honda distributor, and if they release a product it needs to be ordered by retailers before you can order it.

The prices 100,000 and 115,000 are confirmed by APHonda, for the people who can read Thai, you can all read about it here http://www.aphonda.c...200.asp?id=2353

Thats right, in that announcement its also stated that the release date is 10th December so their information is quite trustful :rolleyes:

From Friday 10 December the Honda CBR250R Honda dealers can order the bike, probably end of this week you will see dealers having it on stock... APHonda is a Honda distributor, and if they release a product it needs to be ordered by retailers before you can order it.

The crucial bit from that APe Honda link is ด้วยราคาจำหน่ายเริ่มต้นในรุ่น Standard ที่ 100,000 บาท และราคาเริ่มต้นในรุ่น Combined ABS ที่ 115,000 บาท "with a selling price starting at 100,000 baht in the Standard Model and prices starting for the Combined ABS version at 115,000 Baht". As i said before, it is only a recommended price and some dealers will try for more.

The crucial bit from that APe Honda link is ด้วยราคาจำหน่ายเริ่มต้นในรุ่น Standard ที่ 100,000 บาท และราคาเริ่มต้นในรุ่น Combined ABS ที่ 115,000 บาท "with a selling price starting at 100,000 baht in the Standard Model and prices starting for the Combined ABS version at 115,000 Baht". As i said before, it is only a recommended price and some dealers will try for more.

And that was confirmed to me at the Moto-Expo. I got highly agitated when told this. Telling them that they were a monkey outfit if they could not even give me a price at a national motor event.. THIS WAS much to the horror and later amusement of my girlfriend. The guy EVENTUALLY confirmed that APe have a RRP. BUT that the dealer could sell it for what ever they could get.... as you can imagine that had me saying a few things.......... :whistling:

Got a nice new shiny brochure today from the honda dealer in kranuan all fine until i asked when they will be on sale i just got a dumb look,so i said after pee mai he replied yes.

Well that could be anytime next year.

so i said after pee mai he replied yes.

You probably could have asked him if they arrived last month but they're kept out the back as they're actually made of somtam and the staff are eating them for lunch, the answer probably would have been the same.

'Yes'. The best way for a Thai to stop someone asking more questions that they don't know the answer to.

Archived