Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally agree with you mate, the lack of it being a 2 cylinder, the small tank and basically a souped-up 150cc puts me off.

I like Honda's, hate Kawasaki's but this 250 is not my cup of tea. It could of been the Ninja-eater, instead it's gonna get it's ass handed to it...

I'll have to stick with my old 400cc warhorse for a few more years yet as I'm not down-sizing for a single, no-way.

Time to give it a rest

post-20814-0-01872100-1292394846_thumb.j

If you want to criticize this bike, at least wait until it's been released, until you know the exact price, and until you have tried it out for a day. The price, styling and honda brand name I am willing to bet anyone that this will outsell the Ninjette 5:1 - my most conservative guess.

I just saw a new CBR150 at the gas station yesterday - wow. What a beauty. Honda has certainly done a fantastic job with the redesign; this is leaps and bounds better than what they had.

Totally agree with you mate, the lack of it being a 2 cylinder, the small tank and basically a souped-up 150cc puts me off.

I like Honda's, hate Kawasaki's but this 250 is not my cup of tea. It could of been the Ninja-eater, instead it's gonna get it's ass handed to it...

I'll have to stick with my old 400cc warhorse for a few more years yet as I'm not down-sizing for a single, no-way.

Time to give it a rest

If you want to criticize this bike, at least wait until it's been released, until you know the exact price, and until you have tried it out for a day. The price, styling and honda brand name I am willing to bet anyone that this will outsell the Ninjette 5:1 - my most conservative guess.

I just saw a new CBR150 at the gas station yesterday - wow. What a beauty. Honda has certainly done a fantastic job with the redesign; this is leaps and bounds better than what they had.

Gotta agree with Nikster in that you're talking trash about a bike you have yet to even see in person, ride, or really know anything about, other than a few "press releases", so you have absolutely ZERO to back up your comments.

There's a Youtube video showing a drag race for quarter mile between old CBR 150, Ninja 250, and Phantom. Yeah, the Ninja won, but for the first half the OLD CBR stayed with it, with the Ninja finally pulling away at top end, but still didn't beat it by all that much.

My own personal experience and opinion is that the new CBR is faster than the old one, and if that is any type of "barometer", then the 250 is definitely going to be faster, and while it may not beat the Ninja in the long run, I have a feeling that in the quarter mile it's going to be neck and neck, and the CBR might turn out to be faster than the Ninja over that distance. But until we can get some verified...as in racing magazine head-to-head competition...none of us will know for sure.

I will say this. As far as "curb appeal" goes, no matter where I go, people look at my tri-color. When I park it and go in somewhere, especially if parked at the curb in plain sight, there is always at least 1 person, and usually more, checking it out. That didn't happen with my old model. And it's not till you park the old and new side by side that you really see the differences.

Have fun and ride safe.

yeah the mugen exhaust looks great might be not that cheap so why not get a copy done by mr somchai :D

post-77479-0-21211000-1292385128_thumb.j

In post #789 i put a link to Mugen for the VTR250, which i reckon is the same as they used on the CBR250, price was about THB27,000! So yeah, i will get one from Moogen or Mr Somchai.

I don't think the Mugen will be released as a bike solely in Thailand or even released as a bike. I hope i am wrong! The Mugen and Moriwaki bikes on display in Bkk seem to be there to show what a few mods could do to the bike. Both being Japanese companies, why would they limit themselves to the Thai market (and no doubt be blatantly copied!). At this stage it seems we have more chance of actually getting a CBR250 from Mugen than we have from getting one from APe Honda Thailand! :annoyed: Though hopefully by next week bikes will start filtering out from APe.

I looked on the Mugen sites and can find no detailed info on the CBR250 besides a reference on the Mugen blog section. Would be interested in actual specs on what the modded bikes power is compared to the factory one.

I think this link has been put up before showing the launch of the bike with the 2 modded bikes.

http://www.aphonda.co.th/hondaracing/flim_club/answer1.asp?id=3713&VIEW=906&club=FLIM_CLUB

The price, styling and honda brand name I am willing to bet anyone that this will outsell the Ninjette 5:1 - my most conservative guess.

What are we betting Nikster? I think I'd be willing to take that bet B)

Hummmmm, 5-1? Maybe. 3-1 = Good Bet.

:lol:

I reckon 5 -1 isn't a bad bet. Lots of CBR 150 riders wanting a 250 probably happy to go to 100kish but 145k for a ninjette....Nah! I bought a PCX for something a bit different while I was waiting for Honda to make up their minds what they were doing but I reckon I'll be back for the 250 CBR next change. <_<

Dealers are telling the lads on the Thai forums first deliverys are tomorrow.

Some with flat rate of 110k.

120k with tax/ins/reg.

Some saying Honda sells for 96k. Dealers add 14 (or whatever they want). Not like the ninja which isn't going through the dealers.

Treat all that like this:

Mugen version of the CBR250R, which will supposedly be offered only to customers in Thailand.

Believe none of it. :)

Cheers chaps.

Time to give it a rest

Gotta agree with Nikster in that you're talking trash about a bike you have yet to even see in person, ride, or really know anything about, other than a few "press releases", so you have absolutely ZERO to back up your comments.

There's a Youtube video showing a drag race for quarter mile between old CBR 150, Ninja 250, and Phantom. Yeah, the Ninja won, but for the first half the OLD CBR stayed with it, with the Ninja finally pulling away at top end, but still didn't beat it by all that much.

My own personal experience and opinion is that the new CBR is faster than the old one, and if that is any type of "barometer", then the 250 is definitely going to be faster, and while it may not beat the Ninja in the long run, I have a feeling that in the quarter mile it's going to be neck and neck, and the CBR might turn out to be faster than the Ninja over that distance. But until we can get some verified...as in racing magazine head-to-head competition...none of us will know for sure.

I will say this. As far as "curb appeal" goes, no matter where I go, people look at my tri-color. When I park it and go in somewhere, especially if parked at the curb in plain sight, there is always at least 1 person, and usually more, checking it out. That didn't happen with my old model. And it's not till you park the old and new side by side that you really see the differences.

Have fun and ride safe.

Has the Phantom finished yet?

If not it could be mine as the fastest I have got so far is 107 km/h measured with my GPS.

But mine did slog down to BKK yesterday and back up again today.

About 800 km with an average fuel consumption of about 25 km/l and I weigh over 110 kg.

Then i found this website.

http://www.hondasume...age=1&cate_id=1

it shows the non abs at 110,000b... marvellous. Ape can not even get the price right... :rolleyes:

2 seperate dealers told me this price on Saturday, having previously given lower prices.

Thankfully with the Ninja you don't have to put up with this bullshit. This is AP Honda before they get your money - good luck with the after sales service from Somchai next to the 711 - he's probably more used to working on Airblades, but I'm sure he's been on the CBR250 training course whistling.gif

Not to mention the Kawa is a parallel twin, proven, attractive, supported by professional dealerships/mechanics, ride days, race days etc. Make sure you have fun with that 30k baht you saved (depending on the dealer/availability etc.), you can replace the Kenwood pipe with a Yoshimura and get a respray laugh.gif

Then i found this website.

http://www.hondasume...age=1&cate_id=1

it shows the non abs at 110,000b... marvellous. Ape can not even get the price right... :rolleyes:

2 seperate dealers told me this price on Saturday, having previously given lower prices.

Thankfully with the Ninja you don't have to put up with this bullshit. This is AP Honda before they get your money - good luck with the after sales service from Somchai next to the 711 - he's probably more used to working on Airblades, but I'm sure he's been on the CBR250 training course :whistling:

Not to mention the Kawa is a parallel twin, proven, attractive, supported by professional dealerships/mechanics, ride days, race days etc. Make sure you have fun with that 30k baht you saved (depending on the dealer/availability etc.), you can replace the Kenwood pipe with a Yoshimura and get a respray laugh.gif

And if there's a verifiable (as in reliable source) heads-up between the two and the CBR wins, will YOU get a "respray" and cry about the 30k you could have saved?? Just wondering?

:whistling:

[quote name='JonnyF' timestamp='1292428808' post='4090089'

Not to mention the Kawa is a parallel twin, proven, attractive, supported by professional dealerships/mechanics, ride days, race days etc. Make sure you have fun with that 30k baht you saved (depending on the dealer/availability etc.), you can replace the Kenwood pipe with a Yoshimura and get a respray :lol:

He he. This is going to be fun! :rolleyes:

The Ninja 250 fans will be coming up with all sorts reasons why you should not save yourself Bt. 40+k (not 30k). :whistling:

Do they really think Honda will stuff up a Global Release? Really?

There may be a little price-gouging by some Dealers due to low initial availability, but as the factory provides more and more product that problem will disappear.

And...anyone betting that Honda's 250 won't outsell Kawasaki's 250 by at least 5-1 is going to lose their money. :D

Agree with Snowflake. At the Honda Showroom where I take my bikes for service, my main mechanic, who speaks some English, told me that 5 of their mechanics were sent to AP Honda to learn how to work on both the new 150's and 250's.

I also wonder if JohnnyF has bothered to count the number of Honda shops verses Kawi shops. Not sure where he's from, but in C.M. it's at least 3-1, and probably more than that. And if he's every out on the road, away from the major cities, and his Kawasaki breaks down, guess what, that "Somchi" in the hut is gonna be the one who will fix it.

:rolleyes:

The price, styling and honda brand name I am willing to bet anyone that this will outsell the Ninjette 5:1 - my most conservative guess.

In Thailand at least, the Honda badge alone makes it a foregone conclusion that it will vastly outsell the Kawasaki. The Honda will be for sale in just about every town in the country while the Ninja is restricted to a handful of Kawasaki big bike dealerships.

The Honda Shop on Huay Gaew Road in Chiang Mai has a red CBR-150 AND a red CBR-250 in stock. Just saw the -250 get unloaded from the truck 30 minutes ago. The -250 is very striking and first impressions are that it is a bigger bike, especially with those big tires on it. They couldn't start it yet, but it sure is a nice looking bike. My next bike is a two-cylinder though like the Kawasaki Versys and not this one. There were several Thai guys waiting to see the -250 so it is going to be very popular in Thailand.

As I walked inn to a honda dealer here in town a Thai guy walked out with a CBR250 brochure in his hands... He is going to buy one...

This shop wanted 45000 down and you could borrow the remaining 55000k -100000 in total... If financed you would have to pay 5500 (something over 1 year)... Do the maths yourself...

I think it is time to get cash ready if you want the non abs model... (I am still not sure about the benefit of the abs, so I will go for the cheaper one...

I like the red!!!

The money should be ready soon...

Should I buy it untested??? It makes me nervous... I like sitting on it, I like the looks of it, I plain and simple like the bike... But not test it first???

They do say that the 250 is a bit bigger than the 150, that is just nice...

Should I??? I am so tempted...

My Thai mate said he would give me the money to pop down to the shop now- give him the money when I transfer it later...

What to do???

The devil is sitting on my shoulder and yells BUY BUY BUY!!!

As I walked inn to a honda dealer here in town a Thai guy walked out with a CBR250 brochure in his hands... He is going to buy one...

This shop wanted 45000 down and you could borrow the remaining 55000k -100000 in total... If financed you would have to pay 5500 (something over 1 year)... Do the maths yourself...

I think it is time to get cash ready if you want the non abs model... (I am still not sure about the benefit of the abs, so I will go for the cheaper one...

I like the red!!!

Should I buy it untested??? It makes me nervous... I like sitting on it, I like the looks of it, I plain and simple like the bike... But not test it first???

My Thai mate said he would give me the money to pop down to the shop now- give him the money when I transfer it later...

What to do???

Sonwflake go for it and be proud that u can write the first review here :D

i would do but i want the abs one.

I like the red!!!

What to do???

Not knowing anything about you, I'd suggest, "Go ahead and buy it." As Michael said to me, "At just 100,000 baht (it's a lot cheaper than any real motorcycle is in Germany) it's a gift. Will it hurt you financially?" he added. Well no. But in my case I already have what I personally consider to be the very finest city machine I can possibly have---my 135 c.c. Elegance. It's just under two years old and has just 7000 kilometers on it. It perfectly matches my needs. Now if I had an older model Nouvo, a Mio, Fino, a Yamaha Spark or a Honda Wave I'd go right out and give into my emotions and get the 250 CBR. Realistically I can't see myself doing much touring or any road work that will require me to get over 80 kilometers per hour at any time. I'm still tempted however. But the Elegance is such a joy to drive, so reliable and so convenient that my brain is still overruling my emotions. For those who think they want one, I can't see that one can go wrong by buying this new machine as it has enough power for Thailand and would I think handle extremely well. And I do like an engine with excellent low down torque characteristics. This it has in spades so it will be so much fun to drive.

Snowflake. Which dealer did you go in to?

A mate just called LKS on Soi Sutthiphon (Rama 9).

They said the bikes are in stock but they can't sell or register them until the New Year because personnel are on holiday... go figure!

Anybody know of a dealer where they have stock and can sell them too?

No need to finance just want to locate and go!

I am open to suggestions - I'd say in 2011 to be fair so initial demand and / or supply problems don't factor in so much. A case of beer? Something more special? What do you want to give me, let me know :)

Hehehe. I realize 5-1 is betting that the CBR250R is going to be a huge runaway success, but I am pretty confident that's going to happen. I think Honda will pull a Scoopy-i again - doing absolutely nothing for years, waiting until the market is ready, then wipe the floor with the competition.

The racer in you will say "but... the Ninja 250R is a way better bike" - that may be so, the way you (ab)use it, squeezing it for every last bit of performance. But for the average new-to-big-bikes person the performance differences will be academic. I think what counts the most is looks, followed by price, followed by brand name, with actual performance at #4. Looks is about even as both of these machines look awesome; price, the CBR wins by a staggering 33%, brand name no contest. They'll fly out the doors.

Snowflake. Which dealer did you go in to?

A mate just called LKS on Soi Sutthiphon (Rama 9).

They said the bikes are in stock but they can't sell or register them until the New Year because personnel are on holiday... go figure!

:cheesy: TIT!!! Only. In. Thailand. ROFL.

What's to think about? Are you crazy? Go do it! You only live once.

A much more clever person than I once said... it's the things you didn't do that you end up regretting in life.

:jap:

Archived