Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

There was a race on the weekend in Thailand featuring the CBR250 (same as the photos as Hili put up in post #889?). Anyone see it? I know mbox watched it on tellie.

I was busy getting my knee down at BIRA so missed the CBR250 Race at Thailand Circuit, but here are some pics-

... :annoyed: ThaiVisa is giving me the old "You are not allowed to use that image extension" error... Oh well, there are some cool pics of the race on some of the Thai forums such as thairidersclub dot com

Not sure but other than the track fairings the bikes look stock. Would love to know what kind of lap times they were getting.

Ride On!

Tony

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ Hili

Black CBR250R delivered as I paid for my Red one about an hour ago!

108,000 all in

Includes

Registration / standard insurance

HJC Honda helmet

Shops own lid... keeps the sun off!

Jacket

half a tank of fuel :jap:

ma-hat-sa-jan motor

Lad Prao Soi 43

02 512 3429/30

And for your taxi...

บริษัท มหัศจรรย์มอเตอร์จำกัด

บริษัท มหัศจรรย์มอเตอร์จำกัด, สำนักงานใหญ่, 1551/1 ถ.ลาดพร้าว, แขวงสามเสนนอก เขตห้วยขวาง

My 70's Vespa and Wave were the best in town but this is/feels lighter and easier to manoeuvre in town than my old CB1 (400/4) and my Transalp... no suprise there!

Handling is very soft and yielding whilst still feeling connected which is nice.

As for the length and width, well not as easy as a Vespa or Wave but they are different machines.

Definite need to use the gears at low speed and 1st is a tad short but you'll get used to that.

Re the soft back brake, yes it feels soft but let it bed in and clear any residue and then judge...

Depends on your ridding style but I was always told to use the back for dragging / holding and the front for stopping.

My guess is it needs tightening up. Yet to try the back brake on a corner..!

I'm 5'11 ½ and the size is just great. On the Ninja I felt a bit squashed which is the only reason I didn't buy it. But then coming from a Transalp everything feels small :lol:

@ Hili

Black CBR250R delivered as I paid for my Red one about an hour ago!

108,000 all in

Includes

Registration / standard insurance

HJC Honda helmet

Shops own lid... keeps the sun off!

Jacket

half a tank of fuel :jap:

ma-hat-sa-jan motor

Lad Prao Soi 43

02 512 3429/30

And for your taxi...

บริษัท มหัศจรรย์มอเตอร์จำกัด

บริษัท มหัศจรรย์มอเตอร์จำกัด, สำนักงานใหญ่, 1551/1 ถ.ลาดพร้าว, แขวงสามเสนนอก เขตห้วยขวาง

thanks alot !

Its really not fair that other shops get their bikes before others... They should have launched it at the same time and shipped them out in advance... That way i would have mine now...

its right but looks like it is as always in LOS who knows whom or $$.

Its really not fair that other shops get their bikes before others... They should have launched it at the same time and shipped them out in advance... That way i would have mine now...

I called all the APe Honda dealers in the Bangkok area that are listed on their site... That's why I should have given this to students as a project!

They also list by region too but all in Thai...

I got lots of "January's", don't know's bla bla bla :angry:

Considered converting from Christmas to New Year's present but then one came up trumps and at the right price!

http://www.aphonda.c...2&PROVINCEID=18

I know i keep asking..... BUT ANYONE have a 1st class insurance quote yet for

the Honda Cbr250?????

Keeping in mind that I'm a noob in Thailand and this may not be what you're asking about, I was told when I bought mine that the price included standard insurance. I was offered "extra" insurance that would cover theft and other eventualities not covered by the "standard" insurance. This cost me 2500 Baht for two years coverage.

its right but looks like it is as always in LOS who knows whom or $.

@Hili

Looks like you know "whom" without the $$ premium :D

Get on the phone and get one for Christmas!

@Hili

Looks like you know "whom" without the $ premium :D

Tiffer i will check with my local one again as he told me he can get "bee mai". If he can get within a week ill get it there if the answer is "can not" i will be heading to your dealer immediately, thanks again!

Another point....

Mityon Pattaya is willing to give me Bt.19,000 in trade against either the Cbr150 or Cbr250. They put the offer in writing.

I bought the bike, first year in the model series, in Dec. 2002. Let's do the math...

I paid Bt. 65,000. Less trade-in value of Bt.19,000 = Bt.46,000.

Divided by 96 months. That's a monthly cost of Bt. 479.16. :lol:

Now let's do the Ninja250, shall we? In this calculation, the numbers will be approximate..

Purchase price Bt 147,500. (This is for you Tony)

Sell after 24 months for Bt.80,000. There is such a report further up the thread. But we'll do it at Bt100,000 as well, since that's what one poor fellow in the classifieds wants. And he won't negotiate...yet.

Bt.147,500 less Bt80,000 = Bt.67,500 /24 months = Bt.2812.50 per month. :bah:

Bt.147,500 less Bt.100,000=Bt.47,500/24 months = Bt.1979.16 per month. But there won't be many resold at that price. :(

erm.. 2 things..

1) your looking at the cost of one for 96 months and the other for 24 months ?? Split the depreciation of the CBR (46k) over 24 months and its 1916 baht a month.. Or spread the cost of the ninja depreciation over 96 months and its at worse 703 baht.. 225 baht a month worse than the CBR !!!

2) the ninja was cheaper than its current price on launch also wasnt it ??

Uh...no.

After 2 years, the Cbr150 would still be worth 45-50k. So quite a bit less than 1k/mo.

The launch price was only in effect for a few months and the example was for a 2 year-old Ninja.

Yes, the figures can be adjusted somewhat but the trend is clear.

Adjusted 'somewhat' ?!?!

Your spreading the CBR over 96 months and the Ninja over 24 !!

Hardly a fair comparison !! But of course you want to be biased..

Really if the 1000 baht or so a month difference is a big deal to you.. Advise you to find a pushbike !

@Hili

Looks like you know "whom" without the $ premium :D

Tiffer i will check with my local one again as he told me he can get "bee mai". If he can get within a week ill get it there if the answer is "can not" i will be heading to your dealer immediately, thanks again!

@Hili

I guess I just got lucky.

Soi 43 is less than 2km from my Bkk base but 75km from my other job in Ongkarak... :wacko:

Now you have two options so no excuses :D

So, just how many people, in Chiang Mai, will have sat and played with WJMark's bike well he's in Canada?

Our whole darn family did today. :rolleyes:

Did you check if they had disconnected the speedo, so it doesn't show any extra mileage from the test drives?! :lol:

I betcha WJ will book an early flight back!

Another point....

Mityon Pattaya is willing to give me Bt.19,000 in trade against either the Cbr150 or Cbr250. They put the offer in writing.

I bought the bike, first year in the model series, in Dec. 2002. Let's do the math...

I paid Bt. 65,000. Less trade-in value of Bt.19,000 = Bt.46,000.

Divided by 96 months. That's a monthly cost of Bt. 479.16. :lol:

Now let's do the Ninja250, shall we? In this calculation, the numbers will be approximate..

Purchase price Bt 147,500. (This is for you Tony)

Sell after 24 months for Bt.80,000. There is such a report further up the thread. But we'll do it at Bt100,000 as well, since that's what one poor fellow in the classifieds wants. And he won't negotiate...yet.

Bt.147,500 less Bt80,000 = Bt.67,500 /24 months = Bt.2812.50 per month. :bah:

Bt.147,500 less Bt.100,000=Bt.47,500/24 months = Bt.1979.16 per month. But there won't be many resold at that price. :(

erm.. 2 things..

1) your looking at the cost of one for 96 months and the other for 24 months ?? Split the depreciation of the CBR (46k) over 24 months and its 1916 baht a month.. Or spread the cost of the ninja depreciation over 96 months and its at worse 703 baht.. 225 baht a month worse than the CBR !!!

2) the ninja was cheaper than its current price on launch also wasnt it ??

Uh...no.

After 2 years, the Cbr150 would still be worth 45-50k. So quite a bit less than 1k/mo.

The launch price was only in effect for a few months and the example was for a 2 year-old Ninja.

Yes, the figures can be adjusted somewhat but the trend is clear.

Adjusted 'somewhat' ?!?!

Your spreading the CBR over 96 months and the Ninja over 24 !!

Hardly a fair comparison !! But of course you want to be biased..

Really if the 1000 baht or so a month difference is a big deal to you.. Advise you to find a pushbike !

No need to get offensive just because you are no good at math or keeping up with the thread or reading comprehension for that matter.

I'll go slower....

I have owned the old model for 96 months at amonthly cost of less than 500/month. see above.

Just1voice recently got rid of his after 18 months at a cost of less than 800/month.

So a 2 y/o old model would lose less than 1000/mo. Probably around 900/month. Hence the "somewhat".

A 2 y/o Ninja would sell between 80-100.000. Max. 80,000 more likely.

147500-80000= -67,500. divide by 24 . cost 2812/month.

Honda 250 after 2 years? 75,000?

100,000-75,000= 25,000. divide by 24. cost 1041/month.

I've already got bicycle. In North America we don't call them pushbikes. Because you pedal them. You don't push them. :D

You actually should have kept mum, as the figures look even worse now for the Ninjas.

Please allow me to go off topic for a moment.

I'm catching a fair bit of flak over my cost/value approach.

Poo-pooing monthly differences of 200% to 300% and sales price differences of 50% is exactly the kind of thinking that got the whole economy into the mess it's in now. Mindless consumerism...

If more of us did more informed, intelligent purchasing we wouldn't be looking at mega debt handed off to the next generation to pay.

I'm leaving it to you to fill in the gaps here because nobody wants to get that far off topic. :jap:

I don't mean to add fat to the fire, but nobody is getting the cbr 250R for 100,000. Everyone is paying more and apparently some up here in cnx have paid 115 without ABS. Others have paid to wait until January, perhaps. Ninja's prices are set, but the particularly great price advantage is not available to many of us. Whether it ever will up here (family owned outlets) remains to be seen.

I might, were I in the market, be persuaded to buy the ABS for 117,000; beyond that, they could sell it to the long line of others, which they will.

Uh...no.

No need to get offensive just because you are no good at math or keeping up with the thread or reading comprehension for that matter.

I'll go slower....

I have owned the old model for 96 months at amonthly cost of less than 500/month. see above.

Just1voice recently got rid of his after 18 months at a cost of less than 800/month.

So a 2 y/o old model would lose less than 1000/mo. Probably around 900/month. Hence the "somewhat".

A 2 y/o Ninja would sell between 80-100.000. Max. 80,000 more likely.

147500-80000= -67,500. divide by 24 . cost 2812/month.

Honda 250 after 2 years? 75,000?

100,000-75,000= 25,000. divide by 24. cost 1041/month.

I've already got bicycle. In North America we don't call them pushbikes. Because you pedal them. You don't push them. :D

You actually should have kept mum, as the figures look even worse now for the Ninjas.

od secondhand market valuation

a 147k Ninja should sell for 80k after 24 months

while a 100k cbr should sell for 75k after 24 months

:rolleyes:

od secondhand market valuation

a 147k Ninja should sell for 80k after 24 months

while a 100k cbr should sell for 75k after 24 months

:rolleyes:

May seem odd...but will prove to be true. You only need check second hand prices of the 150 to understand. Argually the least depreciating bike in Thailand. The 250 will be the same, Im sure.

Other than diehard Kawa fans, no one is going to pay 100K (or more) for a 2 year old bike with no warranty when u can buy a brand new 3y warranty 250 Honda bike virtually every 100m in any city.

But time will prove if that is correct or no, regardless of our current thoughts.

@Tiffer you are the lucky one! My local dealer: same same next year and have some ppl booked already, seems like they prefer monthly payment buyers :( Then called the shop u mentioned asked about the bike you saw. MAI MEE, can book, next year. Looks like the dealers are gambling around on the phone. AH LOS can be exhausting....

For the benefit of Kawasaki Ninja 250 fans...

Don't shoot the messenger!

I like the Ninja 250. I don't like the price....

I like the Honda Cbr250r. And I like the price.

Trading on the accuracy 2.5 years ago of my price prediction for a reasonably priced 250 of Bt100-110k, I offer a couple more.

Kawasaki lowers the price to launch-level of Bt.137-139k including ABS and larger, better tires. They are currently smaller than Honda's. Offers a 4 year limited warranty. They would still be Bt.22-24k more expensive but closing the gap.

Honda's price will likely creep up Bt.5-10,000, like Kawasaki's launch price did. Gap gets closer yet.

The base model, sans ABS, will be the runaway best seller of the two Cbr bikes. Tremendous value.

This will prove out for next years models as Honda will be eating Kawasaki's lunch for the next year.

How am I doing so far...? :)

Someone mentioned the EU mandating ABS on all bikes (over 125?) by 2017. I think we'll start seeing the fruits of that starting next 2-3 years. More and more bikes with ABS as standard equipment. The base model will get them too, so there will only be one version to match the Kawasaki (and Hyosung?) offerings.

@Tiffer you are the lucky one! My local dealer: same same next year and have some ppl booked already, seems like they prefer monthly payment buyers :( Then called the shop u mentioned asked about the bike you saw. MAI MEE, can book, next year. Looks like the dealers are gambling around on the phone. AH LOS can be exhausting....

I called into a Honda dealer in Rayong today who have a red one in stock for (as of today) sale.........at 120,000

When I asked about the ABS model was eventually told end of Jan delivery.

When I asked how much....the sales lady punched a number into the calculator and showed me........160,000 I laughed and walked out.

The dealer I bought my 150 from is still quoting 102,000 and 115,000 but dont have any in stock. Not hard to understand why.

They have told me mid to end Jan for ABS version also so I wait untill that is available.....2 tone silver for me......or if not then in Black.

I seriously doubt that it would do any good, but if everyone on here, and all of their friends they could get to go along with it, sent emails to AP Honda to "complain" about the dealers jacking up prices, with the range going from 103k to 120k, if MAYBE Honda would set a fixed price.

Probably just an exercise in futility. lol

I seriously doubt that it would do any good, but if everyone on here, and all of their friends they could get to go along with it, sent emails to AP Honda to "complain" about the dealers jacking up prices, with the range going from 103k to 120k, if MAYBE Honda would set a fixed price.

Probably just an exercise in futility. lol

Yes it will be.. The sales manager guy at the Moto Expo told me that the dealers can sell the bikes for what ever they want. He seemed to imply that they APe Honda can not make them sell at the RRP. Because they are just the manufacturers. Which is <deleted>.. but then we are talking about APe Honda.

I imagine you would be better off emailing Honda Japan...or email Thailand with a cc to Honda Japan.. That might wake them up....but i doubt it.

Little buggers! :realangry:

It was there.

I touched it!

Even asked if I wanted the black one instead!!

Then I get home and two Thai guys from my condo get in to a heated CBR/Ninja debate 555!

Hey. They only let mine go because it was cash not credit!!

Maybe they're keeping the black one for show

Or maybe it was "auspicious" to get one sold as this was their first...

Can't be that or they would have sold two today...

Oh well. The joys of living in Thailand

Good hunting :thumbsup:

Archived