Investing In Chiang Mai

Shermann

Hi Guys ! I am new here and i would like to know if in your opinion Chiang Mai is a good place where to invest opening something ! I own some discos in Center of italy and i would like to check if there is a chance to open one in Chiang Mai

Thanks

Gio

Being new here, you may want to visit a few places, similar to what you have in mind, and check them out. Not being a fan of disco clubs, I cannot advise on potential of a new one. The cock fights seem well patronized, judging by the number of fighting chickens you see around, beetle fighting is popular (in season) Have not heard of managed dog fights, plenty of soi dogs but they are kind of cowards, one on one, dwarf tossing, to my knowledge, has not been tried. Plenty of empty karaoke joints setting vacant, restaurants, bars, hotels, guest houses, etc seem to be a popular sales item, Just put out the word of what you want and the monies you want to invest, keep your ear to the ground, eyes open, and a plentiful supply of currency on display and you can expect contact from various people.

Being new here, you may want to visit a few places, similar to what you have in mind, and check them out. Not being a fan of disco clubs, I cannot advise on potential of a new one. The cock fights seem well patronized, judging by the number of fighting chickens you see around, beetle fighting is popular (in season) Have not heard of managed dog fights, plenty of soi dogs but they are kind of cowards, one on one, dwarf tossing, to my knowledge, has not been tried. Plenty of empty karaoke joints setting vacant, restaurants, bars, hotels, guest houses, etc seem to be a popular sales item, Just put out the word of what you want and the monies you want to invest, keep your ear to the ground, eyes open, and a plentiful supply of currency on display and you can expect contact from various people.

Thanks for replying

First off is come to Chiang Mai and see for yourself and when you do and see its a GHOST town as far as a bar or Disco business is concerned hopefully you will see it clearly that the last thing you want to do is invest in Chiang Mai in a bar or disco

But then again I have never seen anyone listen to experienced ex pats living in a place because usually the potential investor thinks he can do it better, thinks he knows better than those that have lived there for years and so he invests his money only to find he cant do better and loses the lot.

sorry to sound jaded but i would prefer you to keep your money in your pocket i have seen too many lose there money here.

DK

First off is come to Chiang Mai and see for yourself and when you do and see its a GHOST town as far as a bar or Disco business is concerned hopefully you will see it clearly that the last thing you want to do is invest in Chiang Mai in a bar or disco

There are bars about every two feet and a number of discos too. :D

I mean as far as customers in fact we have more bars and discos that we do visitors easily proven when you do a pub crawl and your the only one drinking the bar for each bar besides a couple that might have a couple of people in.

6 people in a bar in chiang mai is a busy night for the owner

Dk

I mean as far as customers in fact we have more bars and discos that we do visitors easily proven when you do a pub crawl and your the only one drinking the bar for each bar besides a couple that might have a couple of people in.

6 people in a bar in chiang mai is a busy night for the owner

Dk

well so with 7 customers they need police to assure the safety of the place :D

Personally I would not consider opening any sort of business in Chiang Mai for the present, especially anything to do with the entertainment industry.

The city is suffering from a slump and shows no signs of picking up within the near future. I would first do a complete survey and research the area prior to making any decision to opening a disco.

Take a look at DiamondKing`s post, he knows what he`s talking about.

Edited by Beetlejuice

There are far more foreigners living in Chiang Mai than just a few years ago but the number of tourists this year has dropped significantly. Reaching the expat community is not difficult, the problem is that there's an over-supply of foreigner-related businesses run by foreigners. Bars and restaurants are 10 a penny here and few make money. And if you do make real money from a night-time business, the police mafia will be visiting to extort your profits and operating capital from you.