Non-O Multi In Kl For Married Guy

A Canadian friend of mine needs to get a new Non-O in order to renew his motorbike license. He reckons KL is the best bet as he's married to a Thai, got the Thai marriage certificate, copy of her ID card, etc..

Question regarding the 80,000 or 100,000 in the Thai bank account. Does this need to have been in the account for any length of time before the application or can he just transfer in what's required and head for KL next week?

I am arriving in Thailand next week on non Immigrant O multi entry based on marriage issued in Brisbane Australia. I have a international drivers license but would like to get a Thai drivers license mainly to avoid tourist price at national parks etc. Is this possible?

I am arriving in Thailand next week on non Immigrant O multi entry based on marriage issued in Brisbane Australia. I have a international drivers license but would like to get a Thai drivers license mainly to avoid tourist price at national parks etc. Is this possible?

Should be a straight swop, like for like 2 x licences are required one for car one for motorbike, but you will need an Address confirmation from immigration or embassy, if you are having a stop over in Bangkok may be better to get from the embassy while there, see this thread -

You have to pay the normal fee.

Sure that's understood, but what was all this I was reading about last year that KL, SIN and Penang were only issuing 90 day Non "O"s? I could have sworn all SE Asia embassies were not issuing 1 year visas based on marriage.

For a one year non imm multi O based on marriage Penang want to see 400k in a Thai bank apparently but at KL it's 100k min. I got mine there end of Aug.

Should be a straight swop, like for like 2 x licences are required one for car one for motorbike, but you will need an Address confirmation from immigration or embassy, if you are having a stop over in Bangkok may be better to get from the embassy while there, see this thread - http://www.thaivisa....iving-licences/

You need an address confirmation from your Embassy and at the 'driving' centre you'll have a few tests; reaction, depth perception and colour.

You may have to watch a film and fill out a questionairre (in Thai). Very unlikely but you may even have to get in a car and show you can reverse! Luckily I've never had to do any of these after showing a British licence. You get a one year license and reapply for a 5 year AFTER it has expired.

Sure that's understood, but what was all this I was reading about last year that KL, SIN and Penang were only issuing 90 day Non "O"s? I could have sworn all SE Asia embassies were not issuing 1 year visas based on marriage.

KL has been providing for a long time now. At first they asked for a bank account but accepted anything and if no account just said have one next time. Then they started the 100k requirement and have been firm on that. This is for marriage. For support of child only single entry has been reported.

KL has been providing for a long time now. At first they asked for a bank account but accepted anything and if no account just said have one next time. Then they started the 100k requirement and have been firm on that. This is for marriage. For support of child only single entry has been reported.

Great, thanks.