"Hangover 2" Filming In Bangkok

lomatopo

This should be pretty embarassing, based on "Hangover".

For 'The Hangover 2,' The Dudes Are Headed to Bangkok

Get ready for another wild night with the guys from The Hangover! The sequel, aptly titled, The Hangover 2, started filming last week, and director Todd Phillips has confirmed Zach Galifianakis, Bradley Cooper, Justin Bartha, Ed Helms and Ken Jeong will all be returning for the ride.

The plot of the movie is being kept under wraps, but we do know that instead of heading back to Las Vegas, the movie will be set in Bangkok, Thailand.

Last week, the guys were spotted filming a scene at the Ontario International Airport in Ontario, California. They will continue shooting around L.A. for a couple more weeks but after that, it will be off to Thailand where the majority of the movie will be filmed.

Recently, when asked if he was excited to shoot in Bangkok, Zack Galifianakis told Collider, “I have never been to the East, I am very much looking forward to it.”

Phillips also promised the location won't be the only surprise in the second movie. “There’s gonna be some f#cked-up surprises. I know what I’m up against. I saw 'Meet The Fockers'. But we’re aiming high,” Phillips said.

Here's hoping some Thai scenery makes it in the movie. Are you excited to have another Hangover?

• 1 month later...

Be still my foolish heart, Bradley Cooper is in Bangkok?

I know, can you believe it? I wonder if we can figure out a way to "bump" into him? :) We are in some serious need of male eye candy.

The article above says that filming started last week, but I'm pretty sure that blurb is old. I think they've been in town for several weeks now. A friend got to meet them about 2 weeks ago!

A foreign friend of mine is making between 1500 and 3000 baht a day being a background 'extra' in that movie. He's been in more scenes than you could shake a stick at.

Literally, I mean days and days of shooting; which mostly means sitting around doing nothing until it's time to 'act' in a scene for a few minutes. Then you go back to doing nothing except eat at 'craft services', sit around and shoot the shit with the other 'extras'. It's turned out to be a great gig for him. ..

Plus the catering isn't that cheap thai food, like they feed you when you're in a thai soap opera, but 'real' international food. Go figure.. .. ;)