90 Day Check In Late

I am late on my 90 day checkin, got mixed up thinking I my new visa restarted it, wrong. So now I am about 30 days late or so, expecting the 2,000b fine. I typically send my office assistant to handle this, is it ok if they go for me this time with money ready to pay the fine? Do I need to be there for anything unusual?

Thanks for any help!

Last month on one of my many sojourns to Changwattana I had 7 different passports from acquaintances which needed their 90 day reporting paperwork turned in (none of them mine! :) ). Of the 7, 5 were late between 10 and 30 days :o .

All I usually do is include the 2000baht fine inside each passport which is late for reporting along with the completed TM.-47.

As the 90 day reporting doesn’t hafta be done in person, I've never had a problem late reporting for any acquaintances, either on time or late.

FWIW: the runner which Bumrungrad Hospital was out there too and he had a veritable stack o’ passports to turn in for 90 day reporting. I also noted some in his stack with 2000baht tucked inside the passports, evidently for late reporting as well.

Again this is ONLY my experience out at Thai Immigrations in Changwattana, and if you are compelled to use another immigrations office your mileage may indeed vary. B)

Just a heads up sent my staff, no go.

So as typical of the country, unless you send someone who knows someone (as maybe the case above), you have to go and do it yourself if you are late.

So they need me to personally go and hand them the 2000 baht, amazing Thailand!

;)

That is probably because they write you a "ticket", for which you have to sign.