How Much For A Thai Will?

maitembot

I just want a simple will, with 3 people (housekeeper + 2 Thai friends) as beneficiary to money in one account, one truck, and household possesions. Everything is quite simple and spelled-out.

How much should I expect to pay for this service?

I just want a simple will, with 3 people (housekeeper + 2 Thai friends) as beneficiary to money in one account, one truck, and household possesions. Everything is quite simple and spelled-out.

10 Baht!

I recently paid 5000 baht with thai translation for the benificary as i don't trust lawyers :o

Edited by Wanderer

I paid 10,000 baht to a reputable law firm, included assets in 3 countries.

How does that work? Who executes the will and ensures that its provisions are carried out in different countries where different laws might apply?

I paid 10,000 baht to a reputable law firm, included assets in 3 countries.

How does that work? Who executes the will and ensures that its provisions are carried out in different countries where different laws might apply?

In my case, a friend in another country is the executor. It is a bit of a hassle for her if I die, but I've made it worth her while :o Most of the countries in the world have some kind of a pact or agreement or something where they agree the executor can organize the handouts of monies. If different countries have different laws, i.e. inheritance tax, then those rules apply to the assets in that country but not to assets in other countries. There are way more specific rules and I'm not up on them but that's the short answer. If I die, my executor can handle the disbursements of my assets in Thailand by email and telephone but it'll be a lot of work, easier if she flies over here.

My Thai went to the local city hall and exected a Thai will, without charge I believe.

You might consider taking one of the beneficiaries who speak Thai to your city hall and have them prepare the will there in Thai and you could then have it translated to ensure your wishes are accurately expressed in it.

You can type it up yourself in English on a single sheet of paper.

Just make sure you sign and date it in front of two witnesses and that they also sign below your signature.

That will be prefectly acceptable.

If you wish you can give the beneficiaries a copy, translated into Thai.

PM me if you want a draft to work from.

On a pessimistic side. Thai's have been know to murder to bring forward

the inheritance date.