Gamers!

thaibebop

Wow there's actually gamers here??  Right now I'm playing:

Warcraft 3 TFT

and

Battlefield 2 (it's a blast! ...no pun intended)

btw, anyone know if you can get a patch or something to change the menus from Thai font back to English!?!?

U can play BF2???? Whats ur graphic card?

Was thinking of getting the original (not a copy) Thief 3 but not sure if my PC can handle newer games. PC's about 7 years old.

MY laptop is about 2 years old and it is too old to use with the new games ... :o

NOt really, but I don't have the enwest graphics card, which is an absolute requirement, unfortunately. You need something that does pixel shading.

I bought my graphics card for the main purpose to play Thief 3 as my other one didnt supposrt pixel shading. I now have a Geforce FX 5900 card. Seems to cope with everything thrown at it.

Was thinking of getting the original (not a copy) Thief 3 but not sure if my PC can handle newer games. PC's about 7 years old.

MY laptop is about 2 years old and it is too old to use with the new games ... :o

NOt really, but I don't have the enwest graphics card, which is an absolute requirement, unfortunately. You need something that does pixel shading.

I bought my graphics card for the main purpose to play Thief 3 as my other one didnt supposrt pixel shading. I now have a Geforce FX 5900 card. Seems to cope with everything thrown at it.

How much was FX5900?

On the PC too, just great when you've had enough work, quickly load something up and start destroying stuff, a good escape.

Just got a Rad 9600 pro which handles most things out nowdays, its amazing the difference a decent graphics card makes - you'll notice after your GeForce 2.

Wow there's actually gamers here??  Right now I'm playing:

Warcraft 3 TFT

and

Battlefield 2 (it's a blast! ...no pun intended)

btw, anyone know if you can get a patch or something to change the menus from Thai font back to English!?!?

U can play BF2???? Whats ur graphic card?

just a geforce fx5200. it runs alright (more or less smooth at 800x600) with a p4 2.5ghz. any higher res though and things get ugly!

How much was FX5900?

About 10K Baht last year. Nearly a year ago. Can and will play anything i want. So Far!

So, I take it that most gamers here are PC gamers? Does that mean that consoles are harder to come by, or not of good make, or just everyone prefers PC?

I don't think thats it. If nothing else, PS2 copies are a lot more reliable than pc games (no cracks etc). It's probably more than PC have much larger market penetration amongst the typical TV reader (given that you need access to a PC to read it!)

As for me, I'm PC, PS2, XBox and PSP, all in equal amounts, or dependant on whats out. Currently...

PC: Pirates!, Outpost Kaloki

XBox: Ghost Recon 2 Summit Strike, Black Hawk Down, KOTOR II, NBA Street V3

PS2: Amplitude, Katamari Damacy, Sly 2

PSP: Wipeout, Ridger Racers, Lumines

And I'm playing Monkey Island II on SCUMMVM on my PDA :o Just like being 20 again and in front of an Amiga :D

At least, thats what I do when I'm not working :D

neh.

Edited by nephilim

My laptop is Linux so for gaming I'm screwed. But I own a playstation 2 and a gamecube :o .

Currently playing Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil zero annd Silent Hill The Room. I carn't wait for Resident Evil 5 for playstation 3. Oh and I'm going to get Half Life 2 shortly because that game is a must have.

I'm a huge games fan but just don't have enough free time these days (sigh!)

I DL'd the F.E.A.R. demo last weekend (my True connection gave me 200kilobytes/sec - a record for me!)

F.E.A.R. just oozes quality and is the best FPS since HL2. Destined to be a classic for sure and I will be buying the ORIGINAL of this one. Graphics in the demo are even better than HL2, just a shame there is no widescreen option.

I DL'd the F.E.A.R. demo last weekend (my True connection gave me 200kilobytes/sec - a record for me!)

F.E.A.R. just oozes quality and is the best FPS since HL2. Destined to be a classic for sure and I will be buying the ORIGINAL of this one. Graphics in the demo are even better than HL2, just a shame there is no widescreen option.

I downloaded the demo FEAR but i cudnt play it, i think its because of the graphic card. Most games these days need GeForce 5xxx series or higher graphic card, so i gotta upgrade soon. :o

I downloaded the demo FEAR but i cudnt play it, i think its because of the graphic card. Most games these days need GeForce 5xxx series or higher graphic card, so i gotta upgrade soon. :o

Yes I'm afraid that F.E.A.R. needs some serious graphic horsepower. I have a 512mb ATI X700 PCI-E card and have to play it in 800x600 for smooth graphics. It really does put HL2 & Doom 3 to shame though

My laptop is Linux so for gaming I'm screwed. But I own a playstation 2 and a gamecube  :o .

Currently playing Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil zero annd Silent Hill The Room. I carn't wait for Resident Evil 5 for playstation 3. Oh and I'm going to get Half Life 2 shortly because that game is a must have.

You can dowload, for free, Wolfenstein Enemy Territory for Linux. Around 260MB plus a few patches. It's a multiplayer stand-alone but you can get a few bot mods to play off-line (not so good though).

Hikage: You play W:ET ?

Edited by phastmike

pretty good game freelancer. Tried Privateer? Best game of that genre I've ever played barring Elite, but the graphics are just too dated to play.

Yeh played Privateer when it came out in 96, great story line. Just downloaded Freespace 2 so will give that ago shortly.

Still powering thru GTA san andreas, kept getting killed so i'm on cheat mode now :o

Freespace 2 is a 3D space combat sim, along the lines of the classic wing commander, and so it's best played with a joystick. Although the game is pretty old, the 3D graphics are still very good. The thing I like most about the game is the fact that many times you're part of an epic space battle between giant ships... you're only a tiny space fighter... and sometimes you can get battered by the exchange of fire between the big ships.

The best FPS since HL2?

Isn't it the only FPS since HL2? :o Nothing else springs to mind on pc...

neph

• 2 weeks later...