Do You Still Need To Show 10/20k Baht At Mae Sai?

Was some discussion on this last year but cant find any up to date info. I want to do a visa run into Burma at Mae Sai and get stamped back in on my non-imm 'O' - does anyone know if I still need to show B20,000 at immigration in order to be let back in?

Thanks in advance if anyone knows!

The law is that you have to be able to show if requested. Most are probably not asked to show but you should always have in case you are picked out. For 30 day entry without visa that is 10k single or 20k family and for any type of visa 20k single or 40k family.

The last time I went through, 2 months ago, I was not asked to show any money. However the signs were still prominent, so if I were you I would make sure that I was carrying the money just in case. I was on a 30 tourist entry and had sufficent funds on me to produce the required amount, if asked.

Do you need a visa for Burma, do you get it at the border (like cambodia)? How long does the process usually take? I will be in those neck of the woods and need to do a visa run...thanx :o

250 Baht or $5 USA for day pass on entry, if you don't want to stay, just tell Burmese immigration that you want to go straight back and they will stamp your passport and give it back. If you want to go to the market and look around they will keep your passport and give you a receipt number. When you are ready to return to Thailand, give them the receipt and they will stamp and give back your passport.

If it is not busy, I have managed to leave Thailand and return and get new visa stamp in less than 10 minutes. Average about 20 minutes.

Signs are still up re showing cash, I have yet to be asked to show it though.