Transfer Of Immagration Stamp

There is no fee. You will need a letter from your embassy, which you should have gotten with your new passport. Also you need to providea a copy of the old passport, copy of arrival card and a pic. Immigration will give you a form that you will need to fill out.

Just did the transfer today in Hua Hin. We had to make 2 copies of every page of the expired passport and 2 copies of the picture page of the new passport. We also needed to sign all photo copies. There was a 500 baht fee. She then filled out a form that we signed and she filled 2 pages with stamps. It was quite quick and efficient.

The Embassy did give me a letter requesting that the stamps be transferred to the new passport.

Don't know if the fee is standard but it seemed reasonable to me with all the paperwork she did.

Just did the transfer today in Hua Hin. We had to make 2 copies of every page of the expired passport and 2 copies of the picture page of the new passport. We also needed to sign all photo copies. There was a 500 baht fee. She then filled out a form that we signed and she filled 2 pages with stamps. It was quite quick and efficient.

The Embassy did give me a letter requesting that the stamps be transferred to the new passport.

Don't know if the fee is standard but it seemed reasonable to me with all the paperwork she did.

There is no fee. If you didn't get a receipt, that should tell you enough.

You can find the current fees here: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=fee

Not mentioned means no fee.

There is no fee. You will need a letter from your embassy, which you should have gotten with your new passport. Also you need to providea a copy of the old passport, copy of arrival card and a pic. Immigration will give you a form that you will need to fill out.

At Phuket, no letter from embassy needed - just the old (damaged or full) and new passports.

Of course, if you've lost your old passport then I guess that's when the letter from the embassy is needed.

Edited by JetsetBkk

Not all immigration offices seem to ask for it and beleive some embassies don't issue the letter. But it is an official requirement, reason why most embassies give you the letter automatically with the new passport.

I made my edit above while you were posting.

I've had my stamps transferred twice - once when the passport expired and once when it was water-damaged.

So the immigration officer could read the old stamps without too much trouble and transfer them. But he did get out a huge file that he checked through when some of the old stamps were a bit hard to read.

Edit: typo.

Edited by JetsetBkk