Picked Up Multiple Non O-A Visa (365 Days) Today

As I have described in my thread CV for retirement visa, there was a reasonable amount of paperwork to be done for the application (health certificate, criminal record, proof of income/savings [1200 Euro/month or 16000 Euro savings], CV !)

Last wednesday I handed in the paperwork together with the application forms and passport plus 130 Euro.

Today I picked it up: non immigrant O-A, multiple.

Date of issue: 13.Oct 2010, enter before: 12.Oct 2011.

For reasons not wanting to explain here, I applied early before my initial travel.

Plan is as follows (yes I know, don't make plans in Thailand ;) ) :

return journey from Dec 5 to Dec 30, 2010

finally leaving Germany end of March, 2011.

From a friend I already learned, that I will get an "admitted until" for 365 days from the date of first entry (5.Dec.2010 to 4.Dec 2011).

Then leaving on Dec.30 (no reentry permit needed).

Entering again on March 30. 2011.

Getting "admitted until" March 29, 2012.

During that doing the 90 day report at Thai immi, no proof of income/account needed for that.

Before Oct.12. 2011:

doing a one day visa run and getting an "admitted until" Oct, 2012.

During that doing the 90 day reports (still no need to deposit 800k THB).

After that I will apply for extension based on marriage or retirement incl. the 400k/800k account.

Any misconceptions found?

Thanks for your patience and any help/comments.

Previous posters are correct about the re-entry permit being required AFTER you get the ‘second’ year on your visa (when you're stamped back in after Oct 2011).

While you currently hold a Non-Immigrant Type O-A Visa (often referred to as a "long-stay" visa due to the year entry you get each time you enter thailand), the visa will expire in Oct 2011, and with it the multiple re-entry endorsement.

Yes exiting and re-entering just before that date will garner you another 365 day 'permitted to stay until' stamp, BUT should you exit during that following year (after Oct 2011 and until Oct 2012) WITHOUT purchasing an re-entry permit (1000baht for a single or 3800baht for a multiple) your permission to stay would be canceled upon your exiting the country.

Still, that's easily a year down the road, and as things go, I wouldn't sweat the small stuff at this point.

It sounds like you've got your ducks pretty much in a row, and all quacking in time as well.

He has the visa and those documents are not used for extension of stay so not sure of your meaning.

As I understood he needs those documents to apply for the retirement/marriage visa?!?

For the multiple entry one year type O visa I did not need any of those kind of documents, only had to show

copy of bank account with 1250 euro.

However, I am very interested in this topic, because I too would like to stay in Thailand after my present type O multiple entry

visa expires in 11 months from now. I am over 50 and am financially independent, but

have no fixed monthly income or pension but can show any amount on a bank account.

Your understanding is wrong. Those documents are only required when obtaining the O-A visa (which is issued outside of Thailand). Not for an extension of stay inside Thailand.

You can extend your current stay for one year using retirement as the reason with 800k in your name bank account in Thailand for 2 months. Or for Thai Wife with 400k in your name account here for 2 months. After first year you can renew with money in account for 3 months.