Visa Info

hi guys, im curious how the visa stuff works. im american, 26 years old. what im trying to understand is, apparently when i arrive ill get somewhere between 60-90 day visa and that i can do a "visa run" which as far as i know means going to cambodia or something and coming back and getting another month or 2?

if that sounds about right then thats cool, what im curious about is could i say in thailand for like 6 months or so or whatever the max is and then go chill in kual lumpur or PP for a few months etc and then come back or is there a certain amount of time i have to wait before i can come back to thailand after having stayed for awhile

Without a visa you will only be granted 30 days by air or 15 days by land as visa exemption.

Apply for for a double or triple entry tourist visa in the US.

That will give you a 60 day stamp on entry that can be extended for 30 days at immigrations for 1900 baht.

After the 90 days you have to make a border crossing to activate your second entry for another 60 days and extend it later for another 30 days.

After you have run out of tourist entries on your visa, you can go to Vientiane in Laos and get another double entry tourist visa and start over again.

Without a visa you will only be granted 30 days by air or 15 days by land as visa exemption.

Apply for for a double or triple entry tourist visa in the US.

That will give you a 60 day stamp on entry that can be extended for 30 days at immigrations for 1900 baht.

After the 90 days you have to make a border crossing to activate your second entry for another 60 days and extend it later for another 30 days.

After you have run out of tourist entries on your visa, you can go to Vientiane in Laos and get another double entry tourist visa and start over again.

hey thanks bro, i got a question though, can i apply for the 60 day visa in malaysia cause i was planning on going there first

Originally you said that you were going to Thailand first before going to KL.

Without a Visa or a flight ticket leaving Thailand within 30 days you would have problems getting on the flight.

The same with Malaysia. You need a Visa or a flight ticket leaving within 90 days.

Look Here.

- Passengers must hold sufficient funds (at least USD 500.-),

and:

- onward/return ticket.

- If not holding onward/return ticket, passenger will be

requested to purchase one.

The Thai Embassy is in KL.

ok, so then i do need a visa before i go to malaysia? if i want to fly right into KL i should have a visa and that way i wont have to have a return ticket? cause i plan on making return flight arrangements in KL or thailand etc wherever i am when i wanna come back

• 1 month later...

hi guys, so i decided im going to malaysia first ill be there for 90 days im assuming, id like to go to thailand after that. i talked to the malaysian consulate and they said i dont need a visa and i can get one on arrival but what about thailand? the last post here says ill only get 1 month? how can i get more then that