Htc Desire Hd Release Date?

MartinHunter

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

AIS had a big launch last week, 22,900 THB which includes 18 months of 500 MB/month data (normally 400 THB/mo so 7,200 THB value, which I believe can be added on top of a pre-paid SIM?). AIS shops were supposed to have this new model as of 1 Dec. Not sure where that stands? Did hear "next week" on several Thai forums.

Also not sure if that promotion includes a micro-SD card?

Waiting for some local, hands-on experience. I like this model but have some concerns about battery life.

I think you can get the AIS Data Plan promotion even if you buy from another retail outlet, at least that's what I've been led to believe by some posts on Thai forums.

If you use the phone very heavily, the battery lasts around a day, so you're going to need to charge it at night. Heavy use means constantly browsing the net, checking mails, downloading apps, playing games for 1-2 hrs, listening to music, watching videos. I don't mind it too much, and the phone itself is incredible given all it's capabilities, so I'd still very much recommend it. You can also download an app called Advanced Task Cleaner and set it to automatically close all apps when putting the phone on standby, which will help you save battery life.

If you use the phone very heavily, the battery lasts around a day, so you're going to need to charge it at night. Heavy use means constantly browsing the net, checking mails, downloading apps, playing games for 1-2 hrs, listening to music, watching videos. I don't mind it too much, and the phone itself is incredible given all it's capabilities, so I'd still very much recommend it. You can also download an app called Advanced Task Cleaner and set it to automatically close all apps when putting the phone on standby, which will help you save battery life.

Do you have one already?

If what you say is right for my use the Desire HD battery should last not less than 1.5/2 days. Good news.

I tried to find one in Nakhon Sawan yesterday. The dealers there didn’t seem familiar with it but reckoned that if it has just been released in Bangkok it will take another three months to arrive here. Bangkok beckons!

Do you have one already?

If what you say is right for my use the Desire HD battery should last not less than 1.5/2 days. Good news.

Sorry for the late reply, I was travelling this week.. I got my Desire HD from the true shop at MBK (4th Floor). As far as battery goes I've found the GPS to be a major battery drainer, so if you're going to be using GPS much you should get definitely get a car charger. The GPS is incredibly versatile and accurate though, really a great feature of the phone!

The battery might not last as long as that of it's competitors but overall I think this phone is the best you can buy at the moment.

I got my Desire HD from the true shop at MBK (4th Floor).

What was the price? 22,900? What data plan are you using? FYI, this phone does not support True's 3G frequency (850 MHz), it only support 900/2100 (for 3G). The 18 month free data plan (admittedly only 2G) from AIS/One-2-Call might be an option for some?

I got my Desire HD from the true shop at MBK (4th Floor).

What was the price? 22,900? What data plan are you using? FYI, this phone does not support True's 3G frequency (850 MHz), it only support 900/2100 (for 3G). The 18 month free data plan (admittedly only 2G) from AIS/One-2-Call might be an option for some?

Yep it was 22,900.. I'm on DTAC,- 200thb for 100 hours internet per month for the first 3 months, after that it's 200thb for 50 hours..

I bought a Desire HD almost 2 weeks ago from Smart Mobile at IT Mall Fortune Town for 22,900. At that time it was the last one they had.

I have the AIS 500 MB free for 18 months deal. In my case, it involved a second trip to an AIS center to get it activated. They did the activation process for me at Central World, but shortly after that, I received a SMS saying that my handset wasn't eligible. I was at their center in The Mall Bangkapi the next day and after taking a copy of my passport front page and a copy of my receipt for the phone they got it activated.

My experience regarding battery life is similar to that reported by creativeflux.

I have used the map function a lot. In some ways I like it better than the Garmin GPS I have.

If anyone is interested in what is in the sky, like star and planet positions, there is an app called Google Sky Map that I think is pretty cool.

[snip] FYI, You may have observed this, AIS have 3G in Central World so that gives you a chance to see what it is like.

Thanks for that.

I forgot to mention that part of the deal for my phone was a 32 GB SD card. I was told that they didn't have any at the time. They said would have some in 2 weeks, so I'll see what happens. It came with an 8 GB card.

I bought a Desire HD almost 2 weeks ago from Smart Mobile at IT Mall Fortune Town for 22,900. At that time it was the last one they had.

I have the AIS 500 MB free for 18 months deal. In my case, it involved a second trip to an AIS center to get it activated. They did the activation process for me at Central World, but shortly after that, I received a SMS saying that my handset wasn't eligible. I was at their center in The Mall Bangkapi the next day and after taking a copy of my passport front page and a copy of my receipt for the phone they got it activated.

My experience regarding battery life is similar to that reported by creativeflux.

I have used the map function a lot. In some ways I like it better than the Garmin GPS I have.

If anyone is interested in what is in the sky, like star and planet positions, there is an app called Google Sky Map that I think is pretty cool.

Hey mairuu what's your experience with HTCSense.com, is the website working for you? When I log in I only get the map with the phone location and the remote ring and wipe functions, but none of the actual top menu is displaying from where you sync apps, message, contacts etc..

Edited by creativeflux

[snip]

Hey mairuu what's your experience with HTCSense.com, is the website working for you? When I log in I only get the map with the phone location and the remote ring and wipe functions, but none of the actual top menu is displaying from where you sync apps, message, contacts etc..

I just finished signing up, so I don't really know what to expect. I waded through the terms and conditions and they mention in there that things may or may not be available, etc., etc. Maybe they haven't gotten much done yet as far as some of the features go?

For me right now, the map is blank with the following message at the top: ""Phone finder" is currently disabled. For security reasons, go to your phone to enable this feature in Settings >> Location >> Phone finder." However, I do have phone finder enabled on the phone. I've closed the browser and logged in again and still get the message. Maybe it's something to do with their site right now?

The forwarding calls and messages options, along with ring, lock and erase functions are available.

At the top of the page it shows my name, phone number connected, account, select country and sign out. That's all.

[snip]

I just finished signing up, so I don't really know what to expect. I waded through the terms and conditions and they mention in there that things may or may not be available, etc., etc. Maybe they haven't gotten much done yet as far as some of the features go?

For me right now, the map is blank with the following message at the top: ""Phone finder" is currently disabled. For security reasons, go to your phone to enable this feature in Settings >> Location >> Phone finder." However, I do have phone finder enabled on the phone. I've closed the browser and logged in again and still get the message. Maybe it's something to do with their site right now?

The forwarding calls and messages options, along with ring, lock and erase functions are available.

At the top of the page it shows my name, phone number connected, account, select country and sign out. That's all.

Same for me, I've found that in order to fix the map & phone finder enabled issue all you need to do is make sure that auto-sync is switched on and sync the phone a couple of times (it took me maybe 1-2 days, 10+ syncs) and then the map will work. I've googled the issue and it seems that even people in Europe can't get the full HTCSense.com working, it works for some and doesn't for others. I also got a reply from HTC about the issue but it was just the standard & vague "we're working on it, be patient, the issue will be resolved soon" reply, though apparantly they've been saying that to people since October >_<...

Mine looks the same like yours, but this is what it should look like if it was working:

htcsense.com-hub-phone-location.png

post-118501-0-00604000-1292841528_thumb.

MBK are selling the DHD now, you can find it in the HTC Shops and at the DTAC shop on 4th Floor for 22,900 Baht, apparently it was released 2 days ago. The Phone comes bundled with an 8GB micro-SD card.

If anyone has bought the phone already, is htcsense.com working for you?

Mine came with a 32 GB MicroSD (PowerMall)

Then I installed the remote for my Dreambox and a stream app and now I can watch TV on my HTC Desire HD. Awesome!

Today I start to play with the new toy and, being my first Android device, I'm impressed with the operating system (2.2 Froyo) and the easiness of any setting. For example I connected my CCTV system and now with a free software I can see my shops from my phone.

Yes I know you can do it with Iphone too. :lol:

Ive never had a touch screen mobile phone, but now looking to get one . Just looking at the Two specifications below , there's a different

type of screen . HTC Desire HD = LCD capacitive touchscreen HTC Desire = AMOLED capacitive touchscreen

Do you thing the difference in the Two screen types would be very noticeable ?

From what I can currently find out the prices in Thailand are HTC Desire HD = 22,900 Baht and HTC Desire 15,300 Baht

I know this may be a how long is a piece of string type question , but is the 7,600 Baht difference for the HD version really worth it

any comments , advice or buying suggestions most welcome :)

2010-12-31_0903.png

2010-12-31_0904.png

TL :jap:

That info on the Desire screen is now out of date. The Desire (non HD) no longer comes with Amoled but with a S-LCD screen. You need to check the side of the box to see if you have the S-LCD or the AMOLED screen.

Mines AMOLED.

Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Spot the difference: HTC Desire's SLCD versus AMOLED

Screenshot2011-01-01at62833PM.jpg

Article Link - engadget

Now I'm even more confused :D

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone has bought the phone already, is htcsense.com working for you?

I bought a Desire HD a few weeks ago here in Thailand at Fortune Town in Bangkok. At first I could not get the remote phone lock (if you lose it somewhere) to work from the htcsence.com site, but yesterday it started working.

It can position me in Bangkok on the htcsense.com site. The remote ring works really well for finding a lost phone in your apt. The phone comes with a free premium Thailand map that is amazingly detailed!!

The battery was an issue until I found out the trick. I was getting about 4-5 hours per charge (with everything but phone turned off) then I followed the following instructions and now the battery lasts about 1.5 days. I know it sounds like bull, but Google it and you will see I am not alone. Kind of a pain but it works now, so, oh well.

1) Turn your device ON and Charge the device for 8 hours or more

2) Unplug the device and Turn the phone OFF and charge for 1 hour

3) Unplug the device Turn ON wait 2 minutes and Turn OFF and charge for another hour

The only other thing that is annoying is we can buy paid aps from the Android market place! &lt;deleted&gt;. We can only get the free stuff. Its not a HTC Desire HD problem just a stupid decision on Googles part to limit what countries are worthy to use the paid market place. There is some information out there on "rooting" the phone to trick it into thinking you are in the US but I don't know what Rooting is or what I will loose if I do it. Why does this need to be so difficult at times!

Anyone with any experiences on "rooting" and Android phone?