Christmas Lunch

Sparkles

Well Christmas is closing in on us.What is it about 8 weeks away? We usually have lunch at home but this year have a few visitors so have decided to eat out.Based on last years offerings what's available for a lunchtime venue. Not necessarily the cheapest, or discounts, just a pleasant atmosphere with a reasonably priced selection.

Well there is always the Empress. You are a bit early not even in the states yet. They wait until Thanksgiving. You might try again a week before Christmas. By then the specials will all be known and chances are there will all ready be a thread on the topic.

Me The wife and kids went to Tiger Tiger last year and had a 3 course lunch with wine for somewhere around 500b, and let me tell you it was a very pleasant experience.

All Traditional, turkey and ham roast with all trimmings and we even got a Christmas cracker to pull each.... So if the rumors on here are true, And Tony from Tiger Tiger has taken

over The Old Tuskers, then we will be heading there for sure.

I am getting ready to book somewhere for a traditional Christmas lunch so lets hope that the venues get the menus out soon. Maybe Dukes this year as never been before or maybe Pun Pun if they are doing it. Being a Brit l do like it at lunch time rather than late afternoon or evening

Me The wife and kids went to Tiger Tiger last year and had a 3 course lunch with wine for somewhere around 500b, and let me tell you it was a very pleasant experience.

All Traditional, turkey and ham roast with all trimmings and we even got a Christmas cracker to pull each.... So if the rumors on here are true, And Tony from Tiger Tiger has taken

over The Old Tuskers, then we will be heading there for sure.

i'm sure you are.

Here's a little twist.

Which supermarket / whatever has the best selection of:

- Turkey, either uncooked, or cooked and customer can pick up, hot, Christams morning, plus vegetables, gravy, etc?

- Christmas cake: Both English fruit cake style and European style?

- Christmas flavor decorations to put on the cake?

- Christmas shaped cookies?

- Christmas style chocolates?

- Christmas style mince pies?

- Candy canes?

- Etc.

Thanks for any leads.

I am getting ready to book somewhere for a traditional Christmas lunch so lets hope that the venues get the menus out soon. Maybe Dukes this year as never been before or maybe Pun Pun if they are doing it. Being a Brit l do like it at lunch time rather than late afternoon or evening

I can't imagine Dukes or Pun Pun would do true a English style xmas lunch ;)

Edited by alfieconn

I like the selection and the decor at the Holiday Inn. It's also big and bright and airy and feels somewhat like Christmas...something not easily achieved here.

What sort of food do the Holiday Inn serve on Christmas day. Is it a traditional Christmas lunch or a buffet and what is the cost?

It is a combination of a traditional Christmas dinner and a buffet, but the price keeps going up a little each year, so I am not sure.

One thing to remember is, in the past, lunch was pretty much the same thing as supper, but cheaper because no music or entertainment. ;)