Suggestion For New Forum

WhiteShiva

I have just become the father of two lovely boys (see below), and of course a whole lot of issues will have to be resolved over the next days, weeks, months & years, such as where to buy stuff, heath issues, education, traveling with kids in Thailand/Overseas, etc, etc.

I know there are a number of posters here who have kids, and probably several more who are expecting to be come parents in the future.

Would it be possible to open a forum here on TV for issues related to being a parent here in LOS, where we could share experiences and hopefully try to make the task of being a parent a little easier?

post-7948-1122887237_thumb.jpgpost-7948-1122887251_thumb.jpg

PS - This is also my excuse for not showing up at the TV party last Friday..... :o

Edited by WhiteShiva

Excellent idea!

I was just thinking of posting a question about my daughter and the second kid, but couln't think which forum to put it in.

Whiteshiva, congratulations!!

Will one of them be called WhiteGaneshji?

นิรนาม :o

Edited by Neeranam

Oh well - guess Neeranam, Soi Lurker and myself will just have to PM each other instead then.....

Fair enough with me, mate.

I guess I can post the questions about language in the Thai language section.

Questions about health in the health section.

Everything else in the General.

I still think it is a good idea.

I'm in. Between my partner and I, we have 5 kids, although luckily 4 of them are grown and gone, leaving us with the 12 yr old.

Many congrats on your new additions, and may they bring you and your family as much joy and happiness as ours have brought us.

I'm in. Between my partner and I, we have 5 kids, although luckily 4 of them are grown and gone, leaving us with the 12 yr old.

Many congrats on your new additions, and may they bring you and your family as much joy and happiness as ours have brought us.

Sorry - just so there's no misunderstanding, I am male and my partner is female. I didn't make that clear and have replied to the pm I got. Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback guys (& girls?). As this is a first for me (kids, I mean!), I naturally have some concerns about being a parent. Din't get me wrong - I love the feeling, but it is the responsibility that sort of numbs me. Just afraid of not doing (or being able to do) the right thing at the right time. Afraid of having missed some important bit of information, etc, etc.

Both my wife & I have done plenty of reading (and surfing), as well as talked to friends with kids, parents, etc, but it never really seems to be enough.

So I really hope we can get this forum started. Do your best Bronco - after all, Geroge has kids of his own, right....

after all, Geroge has kids of his own, right....

We're his kids...

all the members of Thaivisa.com are his children...! :D

totster

:D

And the other mods and admin are.... ???? :D

Other Admins - Aunts and Uncles..? :D

Mods - Baby sitters...? :o

totster :D

I can just imagine it... "Wolfie the babysitter"

:D :D :D

• 2 weeks later...
after all, Geroge has kids of his own, right....

We're his kids...

all the members of Thaivisa.com are his children...! :D

totster

And the other mods and admin are.... ???? :D

They are our uncles and aunties......... :o

Edit....

Oops didn't see Totster's post.

Great minds etc..................... :D

Edited by dereklev