Bkk - Buri Ram Directions

wiggy221

Hi all,

Will be driving from BKK to Buri Ram soon, was wondering if anyone could provide some directions as i have never drove this before.

Also any places i want to avoid enroute, any diversons i should take etc :)

Thanks for your help :)

The trouble with trying ot get out of Bkk is nothing is sign posted as the north or the south for example.

I would do the following,

get on the ring road and follow the signs for Bang Pa In,

head towards Bang Pa In then take the road to Sara Buri,

no need to go into Sara Buri, take the "new" bypass,

carry on heading towards Korat,

dont know where in Buri Ram you are headed but before you reach Korat you have two options,

at Sung Noen take the 24 and follow direction to Buri Ram, this brings you out south of Buri Ram

or head through Korat and take the 226 this brings you out north of Buri Ram.

Should take about 5 hours including stops.

Google maps is pretty good.

If you are going to Southern Buriram, A really pleasant way to go is :: Take Viphadi Rangsit Highway to the Nakhon Nayok turnoff .Go through Nakhon Nayok, Kabin Buri, Sa Kaeo, Turn LEFT at the traffic lights AT Wattana Nakhon And follow that road through Nong Din Daeng.If going to Somewhere near Nang Rong ,take Pa Kham road. If going more to the East ,,go via Lahansai.To Ban Kruat. Just stop, whenever you see something you might like to explore. This route has much less traffic , so is a much more enjoyable way to go.

If you are going to Southern Buriram, A really pleasant way to go is :: Take Viphadi Rangsit Highway to the Nakhon Nayok turnoff .Go through Nakhon Nayok, Kabin Buri, Sa Kaeo, Turn LEFT at the traffic lights AT Wattana Nakhon And follow that road through Nong Din Daeng.If going to Somewhere near Nang Rong ,take Pa Kham road. If going more to the East ,,go via Lahansai.To Ban Kruat. Just stop, whenever you see something you might like to explore. This route has much less traffic , so is a much more enjoyable way to go.

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I believe it is near Muang Buri Ram where we are going to, i dont know if that helps you? It certainly does not help me lol.

Well, i think it will be an intresting drive anyway :)

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I believe it is near Muang Buri Ram where we are going to, i dont know if that helps you? It certainly does not help me lol.

Well, i think it will be an intresting drive anyway :)

Muang means the town itself.

Yermanee

Amphur Muang is Buriram City. You can go either route. If you go via Nakhon Nayok, you take the Pa Kham road to Nang Rong, then to Buriram.

I also prefer the Wattana Nakhon/Nong Din Daeng/Pakham/nang Rong route but a friend swears by the 9/1/2/24 (which he says takes 3.5 hours from airport to Nang Rong).

It is very heavy traffic Via 1/2/24/.I did the Nakhon Nayok way ,weekly for 2 years. It is actually slightly quicker. But I always went to Bkk, via 24/2/1.I suspect speed is not the essence, of the O.P. ,Maybe looking for a more enjoyable route and that is definitely through Nakhon Nayok

You missed going past / through .......Ying Tong Yiddle Eye Poh...:blink: