Scared While Fishing

robblok

Yesterday i was at shadow lake / ngau nam. At some point started to rain and then the Thunder and lightning came. I must say it did scare me when it was close and i cursed myself for having forgotten my rain suit. In the end i packed up my stuff and left because i hate fishing when it rains. Did any of you guys ever fish during thunderstorms in Thailand ?

When the thunderstorm was right on top of me (you can calculate that as you all know) and the lightning strikes were close i did worry a bit about the big trees being struck.

Been there done that.The shelters at shadow are a bit open when there's a driving thunder storm.On one occasion I had to stand a table on end to sit/hide behind.Had the balls to wait it out though :D Thing is after the

storm had passed the lake fished it's head off.

Edited by spud1

Those carbon fiber rods conduct electricity really well so I try to avoid fishing when there is lightening in the air. I remember a few years ago getting caught out in a really heavy downpour, with nowhere to take shelter. It ended up being quite an expensive fishing trip because for reasons that I forget now, my work permit was in my pocket. It got soaking wet and the ink ran so I had to get a replacement. I could actually have gone to BSR for the money I ended up spending. :lol:

Not in Thailand, but many times on North American lakes and rivers. Lightning once hit a tree about 30 meters away and started it on fire. WOW! What a noise! I hit the ground and then ran for cover when the rain started to pour. A couple of times I've been out on a lake and wondered about being hit but the lightning passed about a half kilometer away. Occasionally the fishing turned on just as the storm was passing and it seemed like every fish in the lake started to bite... but only briefly.