Spend Spend Spend

lovelomsak

On many threads talking about living in Thailand and costs there are invarably guys who insist it is expemsive on what people are quoting here is impossible so I thought it was high time we had these highrollers step forward and tell us what a great life they have spending lots of money here in Thailand . All the details please . How luxurious the home ,how prestigious the car, the fine dining .etc.

Please go on and on about how you spend and on what. Give the rest of us insight in to lifes of the rich and famous.

We are anxiuosly waiting.

And please would those of you who are budgeting not make comments that are not of a complimentary nature for I feel these people must be quite proud they can live in a third world country like a king. And as simple humble folk watch on with glazed eyes of interest.

I am hoping to hear from a few posters who never tell how well they live but always do tell us it cannot be done on what people are saying it can be done.

I think there must be a few out there willling to share insight on how they spend fortunes here.

Stander maybe you could start it off for us please.

Edited by lovelomsak

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you're poor, dont travel.

Sorry how did you get anything in this post that had to do with poor we are talking spend till you drop. No one ever posts here about the high life but certainly criticeze talk about living on less.

So please stay on topic

if you're poor, dont travel.

Sorry how did you get anything in this post that had to do with poor we are talking spend till you drop. No one ever posts here about the high life but certainly criticeze talk about living on less.

So please stay on topic

Old English proverb ..The bigger the boast ,The smaller the roast rolleyes.gif

Are we *really* going to do another one of these stupid pissing-contest threads?

Ok, I live in a cardboard box and eat the leftover soup in thrown-away Mama noodles cups.

A cardboard box? You lucky hiso moderator......... I used to dream of living in a cardboard box - that was in the days after i got evicted from the hole in the road where i spent my childhood.

wink wink nodge nodge

Yeah, well *I* have to pay rent on me box, and that full of holes, lettin' i' the snow and the ice and the rain, and the city charges me VAT on each noodle cup.... so of a night I has to beg with me team of trained dancing lizzies what I got from the park...

The only thing the rich are good at, is complaining about the taxes they claim to pay.

I am so poor, that the tax department encloses their food leftovers in the letters they send me.

I"m very rich. I'm just not wealthy. I'm rich enough to give my money away to people who need it more than me. Because I pick and choose who to give it to is nobodies'business but my own.

One of the things I hate more than hypocrites is waste. I hate to see useful things tossed away. I hate to see partially eaten meals with the remainder thrown out. I hate seeing poorly constructed products break and then tossed out.. I hate to see people with boundless energy beaten down by employers who don't know how to treat staff.

I can't sit in more than one chair at a time or bathe in more than one tub at a time. I can eat what ever I want, when ever I want, but I prefer a simple meal I can prepare myself. I could drink the finest whiskey or greatest wines, but alcohol doesn't impress me. If you ask me for a drink I'm more likely to ask for water with a bit of lemon, or a cup of tea.

My true wealth lies in my two children and 3 grandkids who all love me. My wealth is also in my friends who do enjoy spending time with me. Beyond that, material things don't impress me. I've got a great big home in Canada that I only spend half a year in. And, even then I'm more likely to be traveling somewhere on a fishing journey. I've got all the "toys" I need and only replace what eventually breaks down. Cameras, fishing tackle, electronic gizmos are just tools to be used until they are of no value to me anymore. At some point I'm going to give it all away. I once had a garage sale of good stuff I don't use anymore: things like valuable vases, crystal my parents had, paintings, books I no longer need and furniture I seldom use. I sat all day and sold the stuff to earn a paltry $300. Afterwards I said to myself... "Why bother?" I'd rather give it all away to someone who needs it more than me.

I don't think of my home as mine anymore. It's just a place to store my toys and something to pass on to my kids when I die.

I"m very rich. I'm just not wealthy. I'm rich enough to give my money away to people who need it more than me. Because I pick and choose who to give it to is nobodies'business but my own.

One of the things I hate more than hypocrites is waste. I hate to see useful things tossed away. I hate to see partially eaten meals with the remainder thrown out. I hate seeing poorly constructed products break and then tossed out.. I hate to see people with boundless energy beaten down by employers who don't know how to treat staff.

I can't sit in more than one chair at a time or bathe in more than one tub at a time. I can eat what ever I want, when ever I want, but I prefer a simple meal I can prepare myself. I could drink the finest whiskey or greatest wines, but alcohol doesn't impress me. If you ask me for a drink I'm more likely to ask for water with a bit of lemon, or a cup of tea.

My true wealth lies in my two children and 3 grandkids who all love me. My wealth is also in my friends who do enjoy spending time with me. Beyond that, material things don't impress me. I've got a great big home in Canada that I only spend half a year in. And, even then I'm more likely to be traveling somewhere on a fishing journey. I've got all the "toys" I need and only replace what eventually breaks down. Cameras, fishing tackle, electronic gizmos are just tools to be used until they are of no value to me anymore. At some point I'm going to give it all away. I once had a garage sale of good stuff I don't use anymore: things like valuable vases, crystal my parents had, paintings, books I no longer need and furniture I seldom use. I sat all day and sold the stuff to earn a paltry $300. Afterwards I said to myself... "Why bother?" I'd rather give it all away to someone who needs it more than me.

I don't think of my home as mine anymore. It's just a place to store my toys and something to pass on to my kids when I die.

Good for you, Mr F. You are fortunate enough both to have money and to know how you want to use it.

You are not one who, as Oscar Wilde would have it, "knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing".

Do you think that you could be able to distance yourself from material wealth, if you had always been poor?

Easy to be a real buddhist, when you are a wealthy westerner!!!!

No - i am not trolling, i have asked the same question to myself - often - i still do not know the answer.

Do you think that you could be able to distance yourself from material wealth, if you had always been poor?

Yes.

Having grown up in a poor family I learnt the value of money, and now the more I gain, the less real value it has as I have nothing I want to buy with it.

Yes.

Having grown up in a poor family I learnt the value of money, and now the more I gain, the less real value it has as I have nothing I want to buy with it.

Not even health care? a pair of glasses?

My wife and i come from poor families - but we are sure happy to be able to buy those!

.....and what do you mean, "the more i gain" ? .... why do you still make the effort to gain money ?

Again, i am not trolling, i try to understand - for my own benefit.

Are we *really* going to do another one of these stupid pissing-contest threads?

Ok, I live in a cardboard box and eat the leftover soup in thrown-away Mama noodles cups.

Luxury lad!

You youngsters don`t know what it is to rough it.

My family and I live in plastic carrier bag down in sewer under a Chiang Mai public toilet and living off dog turds we pick up off street.

Luxury lad!

You youngsters don`t know what it is to rough it.

My family and I live in plastic carrier bag down in sewer under a Chiang Mai public toilet and living off dog turds we pick up off street.

You snob.

I stick my fingers down a soi dogs throat so it vomits and my family can have a hot meal.

I moved my family into a klong ditch in Khon Kaen already inhabited by a crazy guy who spent his day going through bins looking for old aerosol cans to snort and he had us evicted because, and I quote, we " brought down the tone of the neighbourhood "

Edited by mca

Decorated with a bunch of 6th place type participation ribbons from school, eh Steve?

:)

Transam and Lovelomsak you really need to get a grip of your self-loathing. We all had the same opportunity and if you did not take the opportunity to get a good education and then have the drive to make something of your life, then yes I guess it sucks to be poor.

Yes I am financially secure and I enjoy a good lifestyle, I believe in the simple cliché, work hard, play hard.

I have nothing, but disdain for the workshy foreigners who live here and I stand by my statements that any foreigners living here on less than 35k per month, should leave.

Transam and Lovelomsak you really need to get a grip of your self-loathing. We all had the same opportunity and if you did not take the opportunity to get a good education and then have the drive to make something of your life, then yes I guess it sucks to be poor.

Yes I am financially secure and I enjoy a good lifestyle, I believe in the simple cliché, work hard, play hard.

I have nothing, but disdain for the workshy foreigners who live here and I stand by my statements that any foreigners living here on less than 35k per month, should leave.

Stander we welcome your reply but we are still waiting to hear how the rich live please enligthen us.

Stander you are incorrect that we all have the same opportunity in life, but I guess you already know this. You choose to live in a Third World Country, if you were as wealthy as you claim to be I would be so bold as to say you would not choose to spend your time in Thailand but more than likely in one of the many luxury destinations around the Globe.

But nice try.

I always suspected there was an element of masochism in the spite and evny / chip on the shoulder mind-set of many ThaiVisa members - Now we have proof positive.

One of the prime sufferers of this spite and envy begging to have his fixation fed with information that he'll presumably get a kick out of.

I think withholding the 'fix' the OP seeks is far more effective..... How does it go?

'Whip me whip me' begged the masochist.......'No' said the sadist.

---

Here's a clue to real wealth - Learn to live your own life.