Spend Spend Spend

lovelomsak

As I recall, the question was - what do you spend your money on?

In descending order:

Tax

Education

Housing

Foreign holidays - mostly for wife and kids - back to the Motherland and elsewhere in Asia

Big nights out

Savings (I'm counting the mortgage in the home country against that rent, so that it works out near nil cost)

Western groceries

Things that are cheap in Thailand, like taxis, local food, domestic staff etc.

SC

35,000 a month would not pay for any one of the first three

i live up in the sticks ( Issan ) and 35k will more than pay for the first 3 things.rolleyes.gif

Just as well, given the opportunities up there...

Im happy living up here so that is all that matters... rolleyes.gif..and you are living on some exotic beach with fantastic views looking out to a crystal blue ocean are you ?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I recall, the question was - what do you spend your money on?

In descending order:

Tax

Education

Housing

Foreign holidays - mostly for wife and kids - back to the Motherland and elsewhere in Asia

Big nights out

Savings (I'm counting the mortgage in the home country against that rent, so that it works out near nil cost)

Western groceries

Things that are cheap in Thailand, like taxis, local food, domestic staff etc.

SC

35,000 a month would not pay for any one of the first three

i live up in the sticks ( Issan ) and 35k will more than pay for the first 3 things.rolleyes.gif

Just as well, given the opportunities up there...

Im happy living up here so that is all that matters... rolleyes.gif..and you are living on some exotic beach with fantastic views looking out to a crystal blue ocean are you ?

My point was that people who earn millions are not necessarily living a life of frivolous consumption - or rather, their frivolous consumption is actually not a large part of their outgoings. Those of us that live and work in the legitimate economy have a relatively high cash turnover compared to non-workers and people working in the grey economy.

SC

living here on less than 35k per month, should leave.

Huh….. another apartheid leftover have come out of the closet. Mr. stand der behind ,decent people don’t scream about their wealth in one of the cheapest places to live on earth.

Bye.

BTW, I have nothing to spend here.

I believe in the simple cliché, work hard, play hard.

The one phrase that drives me batty is the work hard, play hard phrase. My experience has been that the people that use such phrases are arrogant and have inflated egos. I work hard because that is my nature. Some people have a passion for what they do. That passion can be found in the delivery truck guy that enjoys his job, or the mailman that enjoys interacting with people on his route, or it can be the municipal bus driver that greeted me with a big smile and a 'ello when I was a kid. it can also be found in professionals that really take their jobs to heart. The only people I knew that used the term "play heard" were employees of large multinationals that really did nothing in terms of making the world a better place or in actually providing a product or service. They were the over paid managing directors too into office politics and terrorizing staff.

And btw, I probably top out in terms of financial security and income, so I am not being bitter or anything. On the contrary, Transam's points about being low key and not shooting one's mouth off is the reality. If I had ever made a snotty remark about someone being poor, my father would have ripped me apart. One doesn't get ahead and stay there without having a measure of respect for the people that put you there, and those people are the workers of modest means that are either purchasing your product or consuming your services. Would the very wealthy Chairman of McDonalds stand in the doorway of one of his slop shops insulting customers?

Do you honestly believe Stander is the wealthy prat with a vitriolic attitude to those below Him, I would bet He is just playing the role to get your goad. As others have said the truely wealthy ones are the people that have no need or desire to show it, the same as a guy that knows how to take care of Himself, He is the one sitting quietly in the corner, not the one shooting off His mouth telling people what a hard Man He is.

Transam and Lovelomsak you really need to get a grip of your self-loathing. We all had the same opportunity and if you did not take the opportunity to get a good education and then have the drive to make something of your life, then yes I guess it sucks to be poor.

Yes I am financially secure and I enjoy a good lifestyle, I believe in the simple cliché, work hard, play hard.

I have nothing, but disdain for the workshy foreigners who live here and I stand by my statements that any foreigners living here on less than 35k per month, should leave.

Stander you are incorrect that we all have the same opportunity in life, but I guess you already know this. You choose to live in a Third World Country, if you were as wealthy as you claim to be I would be so bold as to say you would not choose to spend your time in Thailand but more than likely in one of the many luxury destinations around the Globe.

But nice try.

"All envy is proportionate to desire"

I have been based in Thailand since 1987; my geographical areas of responsibility are the Middle East and Asia.

Please give us some insight I feel you avoid assist us in answering how the rich live. We would like to be able to understand the advantage to being rich like you.

I will help you a little ok. so you can compare lifestyles . I will give you insight to how us poor live you tell us how the rich live is that a deal.

Where should I start.

I have travelled since I was 19 years of age. Been Asia ,Europe South America , Have walked on glaciers 600 miles from of the north pole(that is the top of the world if you donot know).Have owned and raced yachts intensively for decades. Have done race committees up to olympic level. Owned multiple houses last one in North America an acreage with front room view across george strait could see vancouver and lights on the ski mountains behind it. Should I keep going or will you please just be so kind to tell us what wealth and fortune has done for you. I am so interested. Maybe we have same interests. Next year I will take a holiday from Asia and to Mexico for marlin and tuna fishing. Just a short trip a month or so. Oh yes and last year was in Canada on a one month ski trip in the Rockies.

What a peasant get a life, you dont own a string of race horses I bet you dont even sponser a formula one team and to top it all no private 747, call yourself rich ?

Do you honestly believe Stander is the wealthy prat with a vitriolic attitude to those below Him, I would bet He is just playing the role to get your goad.

Bingo !

Some people take this anonymous forum far too seriously.

I got talking to a guy in a bar once and somehow a Visa question came up and it was suggested that ThaiVisa may be a source of information, when I said I was a member already as he was, he refused to tell me his login name, I thought he was kidding, but he wouldn't tell me for some reason.

I wonder who he has invented himself as here ? laugh.gif

Do you honestly believe Stander is the wealthy prat with a vitriolic attitude to those below Him, I would bet He is just playing the role to get your goad.

Bingo !

Some people take this anonymous forum far too seriously.

I got talking to a guy in a bar once and somehow a Visa question came up and it was suggested that ThaiVisa may be a source of information, when I said I was a member already as he was, he refused to tell me his login name, I thought he was kidding, but he wouldn't tell me for some reason.

I wonder who he has invented himself as here ? laugh.gif

i imagine there must be quite a few re-incarnations :whistling:

I believe in the simple cliché, work hard, play hard.

The one phrase that drives me batty is the work hard, play hard phrase.

Arrgghhh, me too. Another one is "Success is a journey, not a destination" the MD of the last company I worked for used to use that all the time, and his office was full of those "A Better You" type books (which imo only serve to make life better for the authors)

When I had been here just a short few months I sent him an email that said "Contentment is a destination, consider me arrived"

Seems to me that the more posts there are then the further away things are getting from the OP's original question.

Heres my bit;

My wife and I get through 20 to 25 litres of red wine a month

I also get through two bottles of Martel a month

We eat out at least once week when we enjoy some good Angus steak, I also enjoy three pints of Guiness

We own (yes we own) a modest two bedroomed bungalow with living space of approximately 160 square metres with a further 85 square metres for covered parking and garden

We run a Mercedes car (18years old) and it is only serviced at a Mercedes dealer

I buy a new laptop every two years

I but new software whenever it is available, always original i.e Windows 7 Ultimate, Office 2010 Professional, Adobe Acrobat 9 and many others

I have two Omega Constellation watches plus one solid gold watch (wife has the ladies match)

My wife likes to buy jewelry and she buys from one shop only which always gives a guaranteed buy back value

You can draw your own conclusions about wealth

this is doable on 50k a month

i have eaten out every day for the past 2 years, half the time at 200-300baht a meal restaurants and the other half at 500+ and im far from rich

mercedes 18yo is really cheap

120sqm house isnt expensive, monthly payment are what? 10k?

most laptops range from 9k to 30k

20 bottle of wine would be what? 12k?

watches, anyone above 30 should have some money saved, buying a 2k-5k$ usd watch is nothing special, other than a waste unless its a breitling with diamonds.

martel, thats 3k baht a month.

your lifestyle is between 40-60k baht a month

Theres a lot of luck in being rich starting with being born with higher than average intelligence, this is something you cant choose and those with it should realise thisand count their blessings.

funny every time i see a farang who comes here and gives it all to a bargirl and still has some left, they rarely can speak english above kindergarten level.

Those guys are really educated and intelligent.

Being rich isnt easy but anyone not making 100k baht+ a month is EFFIN lazy or retarded. if my gf's mom can make close to that on her first month back to working on her own anyone with a 6th grade education can.

in my last 3 week i have seen 3 opportunities that would take about 15 hours of work to get into motion, all of them would net above 2mil baht with minimal work and i am no genius(obviously i won't tell since i will do them once i get some free time)

Edited by ilyelol

Theres a lot of luck in being rich starting with being born with higher than average intelligence, this is something you cant choose and those with it should realise thisand count their blessings.

funny every time i see a farang who comes here and gives it all to a bargirl and still has some left, they rarely can speak english above kindergarten level.

Being rich isnt easy but anyone not making 100k baht+ a month is EFFIN lazy or retarded. if my gf's mom can make close to that on her first month back to working on her own anyone with a 6th grade education can.

in my last 3 week i have seen 3 opportunities that would take about 15 hours of work to get into motion, all of them would net above 2mil baht with minimal work and i am no genius(obviously i won't tell since i will do them once i get some free time)

I am not flaming, just searching my depleting grey cells for a word, l hope ' Pratt ' is acceptable here in response to your post. :)

ilyelol ....are you suffering from diarrhea of the mouth syndrome by any chance..???...

living here on less than 35k per month, should leave.

Huh….. another apartheid leftover have come out of the closet. Mr. stand der behind ,decent people don't scream about their wealth in one of the cheapest places to live on earth.

Bye.

BTW, I have nothing to spend here.

Hmmm . . . . I thought Mr Andre Stander was dead? So he's now living in Thailand spending the security branch and Volkskas' paper? Keeping a spot for one De Kock?

I make nice money now.. not as nice as some people here but still nice. I don't spend it all i tend to save it. However i do tend to overspend on my hobby fishing. Other then that i live a nice low key life here and i would never look down on anyone making less. I hate the whole class thing I am just happy to be here and make enough to enjoy and save.

I make nice money now.. not as nice as some people here but still nice. I don't spend it all i tend to save it. However i do tend to overspend on my hobby fishing. Other then that i live a nice low key life here and i would never look down on anyone making less. I hate the whole class thing I am just happy to be here and make enough to enjoy and save.

but once you see 3-4 fat Klaus join your gym, sweat their 300pounds all over the weights, roll around on the floor screaming in pain from 2 leg lifts then talking to each other about how fulfilling their teaching at public school is and about their monthly yabaa-head conquest that thinks they have money stowed away. You'll change your mind even if many poor farangs are great.

it's easier to hate on them as a whole and make some exception as you go on. These guys(the average) should be sweating all their life in a slave job to make up for the fact that they are a waste on this world and just cost us money by having so many disease, passing along bad genes and making the world uglier.

queue 10 Klaus fighting back ---> GO

I am not flaming, just searching my depleting grey cells for a word, l hope ' Pratt ' is acceptable here in response to your post. :)

ilyelol ....are you suffering from diarrhea of the mouth syndrome by any chance..???...

OP clearly asked broke people to refrain from this thread, can't you read?

]

OP clearly asked broke people to refrain from this thread, can't you read?

you need to read again what garbage you just wrote....i got 1 or 2 or 3 things in the pipeline that will net 2 million baht profit each..only needs 15 hours works . will get around to it when i can .like i said diarrhea of the mouth syndrome rolleyes.gif

First there was stander now there is ilyelol.

The difference is I believe Stander believes everything he writes.

Ilyelol is simply trying to get reactions and is a harmless immature prankster but he certainly is keeping this thread open.

Edited by lovelomsak

so because i often make fast money that is a 2 year salary for you, i have diarrhea of the mouth? Pretty sad when a broke old man gets jealous on the internet.

You're close to the tipping point where you'll kill and stuff a bargirl in suitcases and hide the knife in your ceiling when they disconnect your internet for non-payment

so because i often make fast money that is a 2 year salary for you, i have diarrhea of the mouth? Pretty sad when a broke old man gets jealous on the internet.

You're close to the tipping point where you'll kill and stuff a bargirl in suitcases and hide the knife in your ceiling when they disconnect your internet for non-payment

cheesy.gif ..you come out with some shit fair play to you ...by the way still in my prime me ..so im far from being a old man happy.gif...and i am far from being brokebiggrin.gif

Edited by welsh1

Ilyelol is simply trying to get reactions and is a harmless immature prankster but he certainly is keeping this thread open.

Yes your right, though most believe he/they is/are a tosser but it makes for some writing fun. Good they know where they stand eh. :D

SergeiY makes these two look like rank amateurs. ;)

From the 1st post you could see where this was leading without being a psychic. any person with serious money and some integrity isn't going to post on here.

So were left with all the graceless wanabee's crawling out from under their rocks to vent their insecurities. I could carry on and make them look stupid but they are doing such a fine job themselves. ;)

IF I would know how to get that 'big' money in 15 hours, I would not spend my time writing here. So - I think: You are not telling the truth. Or you are what you suggested some others might be - a retard. :blink:

I do not like people that do not telling the verity. :bah:

Edited by enerzne

From the 1st post you could see where this was leading without being a psychic. any person with serious money and some integrity isn't going to post on here.

So were left with all the graceless wanabee's crawling out from under their rocks to vent their insecurities. I could carry on and make them look stupid but they are doing such a fine job themselves. ;)

Hear, hear! :D

Yes your right, though most believe he/they is/are a tosser but it makes for some writing fun. Good they know where they stand eh. :D

SergeiY makes these two look like rank amateurs. ;)

Amateurs of/at what. ? :)

85680-Royalty-Free-RF-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Blond-Hunchback-Man.jpg