Decent Cigarettes ?

axact

Hi,

Where can I get some decent cigarettes in Pattaya, all I can find is L&M or Marlboro. I understand BAT no longer supply Thailand but there must be something worth smoking available somewhere ? Preferably British ones

Anyone point me in the right direction please ?

'decent cigarettes'.......

could that not be described as ............oxymoronic' ? :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Is that an answer to the OP's question?

A decent cigarette produces smoke that bothers other people;

is supposed to cause cancer or other illnesses;

may reduce stress temporarliy;

may supress apetite

and cost too much.

I don't know what BAT means, but if you ca't find what you're looking for at 7/11, try Best Supermarket on the corner of Pattaya Klaang and 2nd Road or the liquor/tobacco counter at Tesco Lotus.

I don't know what BAT means, but if you ca't find what you're looking for at 7/11, try Best Supermarket on the corner of Pattaya Klaang and 2nd Road or the liquor/tobacco counter at Tesco Lotus.

I believe what the OP was referring to is British American Tobacco. Manufacture of Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike and Pall Mall. I have never seen Dunhill, Kent, or Lucky Strike sold in Pattaya. I've only seen Pall Mall at the 7/ll and Family Mart Stores around town, but I haven't looked recently.

Forget the liquor/tobacco counter at Tesco Lotus. They have a very limited selection of brands (they're mostly Thai brands).

Decent cigarettes are extremely subjective. I suggest you try to find something that YOU like, by experimenting! Keep in mind that brands you might be familiar with are made in different parts of the world and are not the same. For instance Marboros from Cambodia are absolutely disgusting! Benson and Hedges sold here are not the same as in the US or the UK. Most of the better foreign brands sold in Thailand, come from the Philippines, Singapore, or Malaysia. It's printed on the package where they come from.

Good Luck! ;)

Edited by BB1950

Thank you all for the advice.

For those who tell me to give up, good idea, as soon as you stop drinking I will be happy to follow the advice.

I don't drink but I don't come on here and preach about how bad it is for ones health as well as looks, nor do I complain about the bad name all the mongers give to this beautiful country so kindly keep your thoughts on smoking to yourselves and I won't critize you !

I think the OP is referring to brands like Sobranie or Treasurer. I've never seen them in Thailand, but I would probably pick some up if I did. I would imagine they would cost about 500-600 baht for a pack of Sobranie or low-end Treasurer, and maybe up to 1200 baht for the high-end Treasurers.

I don't smoke, and I've never been addicted to cigarettes. When I was in university, I clerked at a very busy, high-end tobacco shop and newstand for several years. As I could smoke for free, I did get to enjoy these tobacco brands. Still, I was never a "smoker" and I haven't smoked a cigarette in over 20 years.

I don't see a lot of harm in enjoying one of these, just like a good cigar, maybe a few times a year. So, shame on you preachers! Now, put down your beer and sober up, because your daily drinking is going to kill you a lot quicker than a cigarette enjoyed a few times a year. We're all going to die anyway.

B)

Ah, advice from the sanctimonious. Who could ask for anything more. Oh wait, there's always.....complete silence. Ah yes, that has to be the answer. Then again there's that oldy -- take a deep breath, put your head under water twice and come up once. My god, I think he's got it!!

(I have a packet of L&M's back here in Sydney just now. The best I could find in Pattaya, not that I looked too hard [much too busy drinking beer, looking for other ways to shorten my miserable life and muttering to myself about wowsers].

• 1 month later...

'decent cigarettes'.......

could that not be described as ............oxymoronic' ? :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Is that an answer to the OP's question?

A decent cigarette produces smoke that bothers other people;

is supposed to cause cancer or other illnesses;

may reduce stress temporarliy;

may supress apetite

and cost too much.

An answer ?....................debateable.

A response.............certainly.

after all isn't that what forums are supposed to be all about ?.

Edited by Rimmer
Font color to make the post more readable

BAT cigarettes (Benson & Hedges, Dunhill, London) have not been available in Thailand for some time now. Only Philip Morris (Marlboro, L&M, etc) are available. This is however reversed in duty free at the airport - Philip Morris not available, but BAT are! BAT cigarettes are made in Singapore and Philip Morris in The Philippines. Go figure...

Thank you all for the advice.

For those who tell me to give up, good idea, as soon as you stop drinking I will be happy to follow the advice.

I don't drink but I don't come on here and preach about how bad it is for ones health as well as looks, nor do I complain about the bad name all the mongers give to this beautiful country so kindly keep your thoughts on smoking to yourselves and I won't critize you !

Well when someone is having a drink, the drink is not forced down your throat .

Unlike your toxic smoke that is forced into the lungs of those nonsmokers in the area.

Ill keep my thoughts on smoking to myself when you stop polluting Pattaya.

And whats with this off the wall comment about those of us who are here for the ladies ??

What are you doing in Pattaya if thats an issue with you ?

Edited by morrobay