What Is The Cause Of The Mid Life Crisis

Chunky1

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure the old bag at home saying she doesn't want to have sex with you ever again is the main cause.

Men get older but often still want sex, women mainly don't.

So you can't get any back home (well not from anyone young enough for you to actually fancy)

What you gonna do?

Come to Thailand ...... where you still 'very hansom man'

And/or the old bag still wants it, but Richard and the Twins say no can do ...

Edited by Jingthing

The issue is not what causes the midlife crisis, rather failing to accept the impact a midlife crisis has on choices being made.

Thereby compounding a midlife crisis with a range of dumb decisions and swiftly converting it into a late life disaster.

The issue is not what causes the midlife crisis, rather failing to accept the impact a midlife crisis has on choices being made.

Thereby compounding a midlife crisis with a range of dumb decisions and swiftly converting it into a late life disaster.

who judges if later life is a disaster or not?

Unfortunately, some very sound decisions do not work out, people can scoff at your decisions that went wrong but life is a gamble in every respect. For me, when l lost my wife all our plans disappeared, gone.

Nothing in life is for sure, only death. :)

I'd agree, life is a gamble, but you can avoid a lot of losses by not backing the three legged horses.

You mention loosing your wife, that's no surprise, not because you deserved too (and you do have my genuine sympathy), but because recent divorce, relationship breakdown or bereavement are very often behind the midlife crisis that brings a lot of guys to Thailand.

I witnessed one of my dearest friends make exactly the mistake of coming to Thailand only months after loosing his wife to cancer - He had no idea how vulnerable he was and wound up selling his home in the UK, buying a prostitute a house and car and returning home within the year near penniless to throw himself on the mercy of the welfare office.

It's a tragedy, more so because it is so very very commonly repeated.

who judges if later life is a disaster or not?

I'd say the very many guys who come to Thailand comfortably well off, with life savings and pensions enough to live a life of leisure (remaining in Thailand if they wish to do so, perhaps spending enough time to learn the ropes so they can meet someone who wants to share their life - ups and downs as they come) but instead piss their savings away on the fist girl they meet in a bar and wind up sneaking off home broke have pretty much turned their life into a disaster. If they are past earning to replenish their savings and recover the options the had then I'd say that is a definite measure of disaster.

The girls who enter the "game" seem to get old very quickly. Are all these old guys staying young at their expense? Sucking the life and youth out of them and spitting them out?

I wish it worked like that with me it seems to be aging me.

Draining in so many ways.

no, and they don't get old very quick as well, chunk. That's your imagination. It's mathematics.

You seem to be not very old, Chunk. But chances are that in the future you can't find a woman here because there are not so many left for all.

no, and they don't get old very quick as well, chunk. That's your imagination. It's mathematics.

You seem to be not very old, Chunk. But chances are that in the future you can't find a woman here because there are not so many left for all.

Oh, then please don't let democracy gain a stronghold on Myanmar I am going to need poverty stricken women to be happy. B)

In the interest of keeping this balanced we should at least accept that there's more than a few young guys dodging life in Thailand, earning enough to feed themselves, but not enough to save for their future - Take the income rules for retirement visas, they are black and white - if you can't meet the income requirements it's bye bye and home you go. I don't see many young guys earning enough in Thailand to make that requirement when the time inevitably comes.

I'd have to agree. Most of the younger guys here seem to be on a perpetual gap year mentality where they spend most of what they make and still talk about "Thailand being cheap" and how they "Can go home if they wanted", which might be harder than they think.

Unfortunately, some very sound decisions do not work out, people can scoff at your decisions that went wrong but life is a gamble in every respect. For me, when l lost my wife all our plans disappeared, gone.

Nothing in life is for sure, only death. :)

and TAX! :(

I had my first MLC at 34yo.....thinking to have another one soon.

Positive point...if I have another MLF now....I should live till 94.

Please i would like to know what are : MLC and MLF. thanks

Dont know, but it looks like your having a MLF on your tractor bike thingy there! :lol:

I had my first MLC at 34yo.....thinking to have another one soon.

Positive point...if I have another MLF now....I should live till 94.

Please i would like to know what are : MLC and MLF. thanks

Dont know, but it looks like your having a MLF on your tractor bike thingy there! :lol:

A multi-level cell (MLC) is a memory element capable of storing more than a single bit of information

Sorry it has not<_<:ph34r:

EDIT. Sorry maybe it has because:

The medial longitudinal fasciculus (MLF) is a pair of crossed fiber tracts one on each side of the brainstem.

Or the driver would not be able to move his eyes. :lol:

But the Post of Nawtier still makes no sense to me.

Edited by enerzne

I think Thailand is the cure for a midlife crisis. Lets suppose that a part of the cure of a mid life crisis is young beautiful women. In the west there are a lot of young guys, successful, good looking with a good future. They take up most of the available young women. Not so in Thailand. Most of the young guys here are brain dead. Really what young guy with anything on the ball would come to Thailand? This may be the only place in the world where young guys actually pay for it. That leaves a lot of available women for the old guys both Thai and Falang. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

but all of these mid life crisis type guys end up married and usually very quickly so how does that support the argument that sex with young women is the end all be all of life? seems like they want a relationship just like they had back home. they also seem to usually not wear the pants in the relationship.

Edited by Chunky1