Polar Heart Rate Monitors

dazzab

I have scoured Chiang Mai looking for heart rate monitors and the only one I have found is on a small stall selling watches on the ground floor of the Carrefour Supermart on the superhighway. It was a Casio, but as it did not appear to download to a computer I didn't buy it..

Dont mean to go off topic but...wanted to mention that I have had many Polar's & while they are good

the Garmins are way better

They just have better reception & accuracy IMO

Add to that the soft strap & the added computer software/training center if you choose to use it.... & it is just so much better.

Perhaps you may also find the added features useful if your using it for exercise

Edited by flying

Dont mean to go off topic but...wanted to mention that I have had many Polar's & while they are good

Add to that the soft strap & the added computer software/training center if you choose to use it.... & it is just so much better.

Perhaps you may also find the added features useful if your using it for exercise

Garmin is a GPS with a HR feature Polar dedicated HRMs and are by far the best HRM money can buy, in my humble opinion of course. I have several of them. Robinson used to sell Polar at an outrageous price, but now sell some cheap/crappy brand. I am selling a used Polar F11 if your interested.

Garmin is a GPS with a HR feature Polar dedicated HRMs and are by far the best HRM money can buy, in my humble opinion of course. I have several of them. Robinson used to sell Polar at an outrageous price, but now sell some cheap/crappy brand. I am selling a used Polar F11 if your interested.

I remember I sent pm to you a couple of weeks ago as you had advertised some time previously, asking if you had sold it, but no response from you.

With all due respect I have been using HR monitors for over 20 years for triathlon & will stick with Garmins. After switching 5 years ago I never looked back.

Yes they do have GPS functions as well as other functions. Because the polar is a one trick pony does not make it the best horse on the race.

The Garmin has superior HR reception & accuracy in all conditions compared to Polars I have owned

Just an option for the OP to look at..... ;)

Edited by flying

With all due respect I have been using HR monitors for over 20 years for triathlon & will stick with Garmins. After switching 5 years ago I never looked back.

Yes they do have GPS functions as well as other functions. Because the polar is a one trick pony does not make it the best horse on the race.

The Garmin has superior HR reception & accuracy in all conditions compared to Polars I have owned

Just an option for the OP to look at..... ;)

@

20 years eh? I got my first one trick pony in 1989, my latest Polar has slightly more than that, including GPS inclinometer altitude, I quess Garmin suits you and Polar suits me, both fine products I'm sure good luck to you.

I quess Garmin suits you and Polar suits me, both fine products I'm sure good luck to you.

Yep different strokes are all good.

I have used both & Garmin came out on top for me.

Not so much for the more functions it carries but as I said for the

reception & accuracy...Which is after all the main reason I own one

But the other features are very useful & dont hurt. ;)

In any case good luck to you & the OP

Edited by flying