Do Baht Buses Run Up And Down Third Road

bubba1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

By paying 20 baht you spoil it for the rest of us , they will expect all farangs

to do likewise.

what am i spoiling????? The fact that you pay 10baht :blink: Up too you!

Pay what you want. I don't care. But I don't appreciate people spreading false information about what the correct fare actually is.

Where did i post ''the correct fair is 20 baht '' JT?

You definitely implied it by implying that people who pay the correct fare are cheap Charlies. Paying the correct fare is paying the correct fare. Period. You are being the Foolish Fred by paying double the correct fare.

Also, you said this --

Yes but there mainly running as taxis not the usual 20 bht then just get off

Any reader seeing that would conclude that you believe the correct fare is 20 baht. Which it is not. It's 10 baht except for exceptions such as long runs from Jomtien.

Edited by Jingthing

So its 10 baht but sometimes 20 baht?? Oh well i will just keep giving 20 where ever i go then i cant get it wrong. Up too me.

I've had enough of you. Do what you want.

You're not the first to reach this conclusion.

I bet that he really pay 5 baht and then runs away. evilgrin0039.gif

North Road, Third Road and Thepprasit could all do with having a regular baht bus service and considering the number of condos / shops along those roads it should be a moneymaking route, gainfully employ the hundreds of empty baht buses cruising the Second Road / Beach Road route, and reduce the trafic problems in that central area.

Maybe Morphious could suggest it to his F-I-L and his mates.

North Road, Third Road and Thepprasit could all do with having a regular baht bus service and considering the number of condos / shops along those roads it should be a moneymaking route, gainfully employ the hundreds of empty baht buses cruising the Second Road / Beach Road route, and reduce the trafic problems in that central area.

I thought there already was on North Road.

I thought there already was on North Road.

North isn't my area, but I think so too. There is also some irregular service on Thepprasit. It's Third Road that is the real black hole of Pattaya-cutta.

The North road service is like the Thepprasit service.

Non-existant most of the time.

I think the Thepprasit service only really runs on market days.

I know that is wrong for a fact because I have taken Thepprasit buses many times, on different days, not only market days. It is true the runs are more frequent on market days, sometimes much more frequent. On non-market days the longest you will likely have to wait is half an hour, which is of course is way too long, but it averages out, sometimes they come right away.

In my experience anyway, there is no bus service at all on Third road. If you saw one, they may stop and to talk about a charter, but no 10 baht runs as on Thepprasit and North.

Edited by Jingthing

Yes, the BB-fare is THB 10 within a certain area.

Yes, the regular BB-route is not over 3rd road, HOWEVER......maybe, just maybe they're using 3rd road at the moment (from South Pattaya Road to the direction of the fly over), because the stretch of 2nd road between South Pattaya Road and the Hill is one way from the direction of Jomtien.

There are Songthaews running down Pattaya Khlang and 3rd Road, I assume mainly during the rush hours when ppl go and return from work. At night, one has to be patient to grab one and then it could be a charter, so not the usual 10 Baht fare!

There are Songthaews running down Pattaya Khlang and 3rd Road, I assume mainly during the rush hours when ppl go and return from work. At night, one has to be patient to grab one and then it could be a charter, so not the usual 10 Baht fare!

Pattaya Klang service is quite regular. Definitely more frequent than North Pattaya, probably less frequent than Pattaya Tai. Ten baht.

I remain skeptical about 3rd road 10 baht service. Any other reports?

Pattaya Klang service is quite regular. Definitely more frequent than North Pattaya, probably less frequent than Pattaya Tai. Ten baht.

Just recently actually I've been noticing Songthaews more and more on third road. I live just off third road south of Pattaya Tai. A year ago I would never see a Songthaew on third road. Now I'm seeing them fairly regularly (about once every 20-30 mins or so) for some strange reason. I dont know if they are special hire or not. I've a scooter so I dont use them. I saw several Thais flag one down and jump in the back, I assume they were paying the usual 10 baht.

Just recently actually I've been noticing Songthaews more and more on third road. I live just off third road south of Pattaya Tai. A year ago I would never see a Songthaew on third road. Now I'm seeing them fairly regularly (about once every 20-30 mins or so) for some strange reason. I dont know if they are special hire or not. I've a scooter so I dont use them. I saw several Thais flag one down and jump in the back, I assume they were paying the usual 10 baht.

There is some construction at the intersection of second road/Pattaya Tai so the baht buses to Jomtien are taking an alternate route.

Interesting, when people have discussions on the bike and auto threads, nobody ever says just take the bus! But almost always on baht bus threads, eventually someone suggests public transport riders buy a private vehicle. It's really bizarre.

To be fair tho JT it is with out doubt the easiest way to travel in the land of smiles.

yes bikes ok but some bikes are naughty--------------------mine stopped in the middle of a big mud puddle in front of viewtalay residence at the start of the new / old jontiem 2nd road

as a result i fell sideways and lay in the mud and water laughing. i blame the bike 100%. certain friends have blamed it on the 8 pints in 5 hours in maggie mays chaiyapruek but i resent that as a slurr on my character------------8 in 5 hours is an insult --------------anyway after mollyp had finished with me i gave the bike a dam_n good thrashing with a branch from a tree and it hasnt happened since --------------------funny thing havnt been to maggie mays since then either--------------weird innit no wot i mean gurcha

Suggest you come off what ever you are on

There is some construction at the intersection of second road/Pattaya Tai so the baht buses to Jomtien are taking an alternate route.

Ahhh that could be the explanation................

Yes the baht bus queue buses from Pattaya Tai and 2nd heading to Jomtien are TEMPORARILY going backwards first towards 3rd road before continuing on to Jomtien. These buses leave full but technically if you could fit on the bus and stopped one you would have a 10 baht ride from the part of 3rd road south of Pattaya to Jomtien. Whoppee!

Edited by Jingthing

Bubba 1,why do you have A hair up your a--.I mean if he wants to pay 60 cents instead of 30 cents whats the big deal.Giving A song thaw double fare still isn't going to make him rich,tight wad.

Well said Sir :clap2:

You guys don't have a clue. Paying double for any service is ridiculous no matter how you try to justify it.

Bubba 1,why do you have A hair up your a--.I mean if he wants to pay 60 cents instead of 30 cents whats the big deal.Giving A song thaw double fare still isn't going to make him rich,tight wad.

You guys don't have a clue. Paying double for any service is ridiculous no matter how you try to justify it.

Yeah, but if people want to be foolish, I don't see any point in wasting energy to try to stop them. A couple of times I have heard bar girls tell their "dates" to pay 20 plus 20 for 10 plus 10 fares and I bothered to tell the westerner, no, it's only 10 baht each. I was met with utter hostility. I learned my lesson.

Yeah, but if people want to be foolish, I don't see any point in wasting energy to try to stop them. A couple of times I have heard bar girls tell their "dates" to pay 20 plus 20 for 10 plus 10 fares and I bothered to tell the westerner, no, it's only 10 baht each. I was met with utter hostility. I learned my lesson.

tourists vs expats