bubba1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some expats are tighter than cramp :whistling:

Expats spend local currency, tourists are spending back home currency.

Paying the exact fare is not tight. Paying double is ridiculous and cannot be considered a tip.

There's also a matter of principle here. I don't like baht bus drivers for many reasons therefore I won't pay them a baht more than necessary. Some of these rip-off merchants openly ask for double or triple late at night, expecially if they perceive the customer to be drunk and become quite aggressive if they refuse.

"Don't fee the animals" is my moto here.

I still do not see anything wrong with me giving a 10 baht tip my choice pure and simple

The problem was that you were accusing people who didn't pay 20 baht as being cheap. We don't all share your sentiments toward baht bus drivers, pure and simple.

I still do not see anything wrong with me giving a 10 baht tip my choice pure and simple

The problem was that you were accusing people who didn't pay 20 baht as being cheap. We don't all share your sentiments toward baht bus drivers, pure and simple.

And you said its rediculous to give a 10 baht tip, Cheapskate

Does paying double make you feel like a big man? I reckon that's worth 10 baht. To you.

Edited by Jingthing

You just don't let up, do you. I still think it's ridiculous to give double for a service, no matter what the starting price is.

Next time you take a taxi to the airport, pay double too...in fact, why not pay double for everything in Thailand as it's so cheap here?

You call me a cheapskate - unfortunately I can't call you what I'd like to call you on here.

You just don't let up, do you. I still think it's ridiculous to give double for a service, no matter what the starting price is.

Next time you take a taxi to the airport, pay double too...in fact, why not pay double for everything in Thailand as it's so cheap here?

You call me a cheapskate - unfortunately I can't call you what I'd like to call you on here.

Then perhaps you would like to meet me for a drink aswell?

Then perhaps you would like to meet me for a drink aswell?

As long as you're paying. Meet you at Zign Hotel for a seafood buffet - it's only 1900 each including a 950 baht tip.

Edited by tropo