I Need To Buy Drugs

kirmizi

I need two kinds of prescription drugs which the local chemists say they do not have and cannot order. They're both fairly common cardiac drugs which I've been taking for years so I know exactly what dose I need, therefore, the quality of the Dr. prescribing them is not an issue. The only real issue is price. I know I can go to the Int'l hospitals and get them but I'm wondering if there are cheaper clinics or maybe local hospitals that can handle this sort of thing. I know I could go around to some of these hospitals myself but they don't tell you the price for drugs until after you've paid to see the Dr. As I said, they're fairly common drugs so just in case someone may know of a chemist who is willing or able to order them, I'll name them here. They are 1) Sotalol hydrochloride aka Sotacor and 2) Warfarin aka Coumadin.

Thanks is advance.

Hospitals are expensive and I'm surprised if you even need a prescription for these. Maybe you just went to a few small chemists and need to go to a bigger one. Call Tesco Lotus pharmacy as they seem to have quite a bit of stuff. Supposedly supercheap also carries a wide variety of script meds that aren't scripts here.

Where do you live? I know a pharmacist in Rawai that seems to get me most anything other than morphine or lorazepam. I had to get those at a hospital. She went to one of the top pharmacology universities in the USA. Next time I see her I will try to remember to ask her. I have heard Super Cheap has a good inexpensive pharmacy as another poster mentioned. Vichara Government Hospital in Phuket town, may be the least expensive of the hospitals...

I never even thought of Supercheap or Tesco. You're right, I was mostly going to the little places. Jimi007, if you do remember to ask your chemist, I'd be grateful.

Thanks to all for the advice.

I get all drugs at Santi in Phuket Town, opposite Bus Station. They seem to have everything.!

including wheel chairs

Warfarin/Coumadin is readily available in Chiang Mai, marketed as Orfarin Manufactured by Orion Corp. in Finland the local importer is Harn Thai Pharma (2508) Co. Ltd, Bangkok. Price is normally around Baht 450 for 100 3mg tablets.

I never even thought of Supercheap or Tesco. You're right, I was mostly going to the little places. Jimi007, if you do remember to ask your chemist, I'd be grateful.

I was at my pharmacy today and I was told:

1) Sotalol hydrochloride aka Sotacor: This is available, but not this brand, but a similar medication.

2) Warfarin aka Coumadin: This used to be available a couple of years ago at the pharmacy, but now you must get it at a hospital. That happened with one of the drugs I used to get from my doctor's clinic or pharmacy as well...

Good luck. Life can be frustrating here at times.

Jimi

Sorry to somewhat hijack this thread, but does anyone know a place that will sell codeine? Back in Oz I used codeine to cope with my endometriosis.

I'm not surprised people are hesitant to give out opiods here, but right now I'm getting around not having it by taking too many Panafen+ (paracetamol with 9g of codeine) - paracetamol makes me sick without actually releiving any pain, so it'd be much better if I could just get what works and take a reasonable dosage.

Any advice? Just moved to Phuket (Kathu, specifically) last month.

Thanks!

Sorry to somewhat hijack this thread, but does anyone know a place that will sell codeine? Back in Oz I used codeine to cope with my endometriosis.

I'm not surprised people are hesitant to give out opiods here, but right now I'm getting around not having it by taking too many Panafen+ (paracetamol with 9g of codeine) - paracetamol makes me sick without actually releiving any pain, so it'd be much better if I could just get what works and take a reasonable dosage.

Any advice? Just moved to Phuket (Kathu, specifically) last month.

Thanks!

Codeine Like all drugs in the opiate family are a controlled substance in Thailand.

Tylenol 3 ( paracetamol codeine ) is available from big hospitals (BKK Phuket, Int', Mission, Vachira) but not from local pharmacies or Tesco / Supercheep

Vicodone and Percocet (Oxycodone) are not available in Thailand at all.

Side note: It's an all or nothing thing here. they have 2 levels it's Tylenol3 or straight up to Morphine. And again all are sequestered to hospital space.

I might suggest you look at Tramadol I've been told it works on the same/similar receptors with out being in the opiate family.

Edited by ozymandious

Codeine Like all drugs in the opiate family are a controlled substance in Thailand.

Tylenol 3 ( paracetamol codeine ) is available from big hospitals (BKK Phuket, Int', Mission, Vachira) but not from local pharmacies or Tesco / Supercheep

Vicodone and Percocet (Oxycodone) are not available in Thailand at all.

Side note: It's an all or nothing thing here. they have 2 levels it's Tylenol3 or straight up to Morphine. And again all are sequestered to hospital space.

I might suggest you look at Tramadol I've been told it works on the same/similar receptors with out being in the opiate family.

I was given Tramadol at Phuket International hospital, along with morphine and some NSAID drugs. I went to my pharmacist and asked her if she has what the hospital gave me. She said everything other than the morphine. Tramadol according to Wkikpedia: "Tramadol is a synthetic analog of the phenanthrene alkaloid codeine and, as such, is an opioid and also a prodrug(codeine is metabolized to morphine, tramadol is converted to M-1 aka O-desmethyltramadol)." The one I got is 37.5 mg tramadol HCI with 325 mg paracetamol See the Wiki link here: Wikipedia Tramadol

I was at my pharmacy today and I was told:

1) Sotalol hydrochloride aka Sotacor: This is available, but not this brand, but a similar medication.

2) Warfarin aka Coumadin: This used to be available a couple of years ago at the pharmacy, but now you must get it at a hospital. That happened with one of the drugs I used to get from my doctor's clinic or pharmacy as well...

Good luck. Life can be frustrating here at times.

Jimi

Thanks for that. Warfarin is the same chemical used in rat poison and has often been added to others' food to settle disputes... This happens in China now and then, I don't know about LOS. Perhaps that is why it is a more controlled drug now.

I'll try Supercheap and Tesco for the Sotalol this weekend. If no luck, I'll hit you up for the name and location of your pharmacy.

Cheers.

Nong Pharmacy in Chalong opposite Juripan..... The guy in there is fantastic...he speaks great english...also if he is not in his staff will ring him on their cellphone and put him on.....awesome service I have been using him for over 4 years, and he has been able to produce every tablet i asked for

Nong Pharmacy in Chalong opposite Juripan..... The guy in there is fantastic...he speaks great english...also if he is not in his staff will ring him on their cellphone and put him on.....awesome service I have been using him for over 4 years, and he has been able to produce every tablet i asked for

Thanks. I'd like to check it out but I'm not familiar with Chalong and have never heard of Juripan. Can anyone put a map link to it on here? Thanks.