UPDATED Current Flooded Areas & Forecasts

My windsurfing and kite friends told me not to take too seriously Windguru, many times not so accurate.

at 10am, tuesday 9th, wind guru says wind gusts 28 knots. It is very calm here in bophut no trees moving, its 10 mins, to 10

Also had the correct prediction around 4 am., wind & rain ;)

Any heads up on the times of todays drenching?

10am

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any heads up on the times of todays drenching?

Thai Met Office Weather chart for 10.00 local time shows a Low Pressure system to the south therefore wind direction here will be from the east.

Suratthani radar (9 nov 10.00 local)show most of the weather system shows the maini rain to be south of the islands as well so maybe not as bad as expected.

Lets hope anyway!

post-24425-0-54481500-1289274041_thumb.j

post-24425-0-26089300-1289274132_thumb.g

My windsurfing and kite friends told me not to take too seriously Windguru, many times not so accurate.

at 10am, tuesday 9th, wind guru says wind gusts 28 knots. It is very calm here in bophut no trees moving, its 10 mins, to 10

roo its rainy season, we are always going to get wind and rain.

By the way i hope wind guru is wrong i don,t want to see the same as last week, i hate losing electric

I understand it's rainy season. You had government trucks running around a few days ago warning about 8/ 9 weather. I hope too that it doesn't materialise in the extremes we had last week.

Choengmon was clear this morning.

Driving down the Chaweng Beach Road this morning (09.15)it was clear as far as the Laem Din turn which was blocked off and you could see that the floods were still deep down there.

Still flooding past Centara but passable (even for idiot farang in his big pick-up passing everyone and creating waves into the already devastated shops).

the water seems to move from one place to the next

:blink::huh:

I live just behind laem din and dow market. Water is over 1 m. Deep around the house. Water level in lake nearly same as our house. Dont want to imagine whats going on on the beachroad at chaweng... No electricity since 10am. We're stuck:(.

Crusty was banned again so he couldn't get this pic out of the road out front of Fawlty Winds :o

post-90689-0-38150300-1289275436_thumb.j

Edited by crusty

Thai Met Office Weather chart for 10.00 local time shows a Low Pressure system to the south therefore wind direction here will be from the east.

Suratthani radar (9 nov 10.00 local)show most of the weather system shows the maini rain to be south of the islands as well so maybe not as bad as expected.

Lets hope anyway!

Well so much for that forecast!

Radar still shows us on the edge of the system so (fingers crossed/touch wood) it won't last too long. (commentators curse there!).

I live just behind laem din and dow market. Water is over 1 m. Deep around the house. Water level in lake nearly same as our house. Dont want to imagine whats going on on the beachroad at chaweng... No electricity since 10am. We're stuck:(.

Crusty was banned again so he couldn't get this pic out of the road out front of Fawlty Winds :o

Welcome back Crusty! I wondered why we hadn't heard from you. I worried you might have been swept away by the flood...

Edited by Gulfsailor

Don't ya just love it. The high winds brought down the power lines to the house last week. As there is only me up the mountain I was not a priority but could of course pay 20000 for them to come immediately. Left it a few days and it came down to 5000. As soon as they repair the lines the heavens open up yet again and the power goes down. It has been raining heavy here Nathon way for a while now. Got stocked up so no worries :D

It will do wonders for the water table on the island and there will be lots of happy well owners about.

Don't ya just love it. The high winds brought down the power lines to the house last week. As there is only me up the mountain I was not a priority but could of course pay 20000 for them to come immediately. Left it a few days and it came down to 5000. As soon as they repair the lines the heavens open up yet again and the power goes down. It has been raining heavy here Nathon way for a while now. Got stocked up so no worries :D

It will do wonders for the water table on the island and there will be lots of happy well owners about.

We have high tide at the moment. I've just come through Bang Rak and the sea is VERY high, not far off coming into the market. If the predicted winds happen there could well be flooding caused by the sea combined with the run-off.

Drove with my 4x4 from South Chaweng Beach road via the small road next to 3 Monkeys to Lake Road and further along the small streets behind the airport to Big Buddha 30 minutes ago. It was flooded 20-50 cms almost every 50 meters. Deepest: Near Poppies, end of Lake road, next Chinese graveyard and some other sections between departure driveway and the market Plai Laem.

If it continues to rain like that it will be impassable soon.

Drove with my 4x4 from South Chaweng Beach road via the small road next to 3 Monkeys to Lake Road and further along the small streets behind the airport to Big Buddha 30 minutes ago. It was flooded 20-50 cms almost every 50 meters. Deepest: Near Poppies, end of Lake road, next Chinese graveyard and some other sections between departure driveway and the market Plai Laem.

doesnt look like its holding up !

Any updates from today so far- Chaweng Beach road? Samui Town Center etc etc...any areas no power? Lamai power ok so far! Touch wood.. unable to venture out today due to fever

Just driven back through Lamai (3pm) Deep floods near the junction to the Beach Road. No one trying to drive through. All heading off up to the back road by Tamarind Springs. Starting to flood along the road near the IT Centre and small areas of deep flooding (but passable) through to Chaweng Noi.

Any updates from today so far- Chaweng Beach road? Samui Town Center etc etc...any areas no power? Lamai power ok so far! Touch wood.. unable to venture out today due to fever

Chaweng Beach Road already over the footpath and rising. DO NOT take the short cut from Haad Ngam road to the Beach Road, the bridge has disintegrated and barriers are up. Shoddy construction, shoddy land management, shoddy town planning ! :angry:

Dao seafood market is under water gain. Rising fast and almost 1 m now I think.

The electricity in most of the area has been cut.

Luckily we've still got electricity in my apartment building inside the soi beside Ruang Thong pharmacy. Hope they're not gonna cut it....

It was bad when we were without electricity for 3 days last week already.

where,s the chinese graveyard? please

at the Southern end of the runway.

another hint:

If going North on Southern Chaweng Road and it is passable and the bridge to Laem Din is closed you can drive straight on into the one way until 3 Monkeys Restaurant and there left into that small and nice way to the Lake Road. That's also better than through the earth road at Focus Supermarket.

Did that a few times in the last days without any difficulties. But be careful, it can get very tight with all the cars coming towards you. Best is driving closely behind a taxi against the one way. On very bad days last week I did that a few times easily with my big 4x4 all the way to Iyara.

Edited by Birdman

another hint:

If going North on Southern Chaweng Road and it is passable and the bridge to Laem Din is closed you can drive straight on into the one way until 3 Monkeys Restaurant and there left into that small and nice way to the Lake Road. That's also better than through the earth road at Focus Supermarket.

Did that a few times in the last days without any difficulties. But be careful, it can get very tight with all the cars coming towards you. Best is driving closely behind a taxi against the one way. On very bad days last week I did that a few times easily with my big 4x4 all the way to Iyara.

lamui is taking a bit hit at the moment

another hint:

lamui is taking a bit hit at the moment

really? no rain since 2 hours in the Notheast. btw is your avatar from the philadelphia experiment?

dammned, it just started to rain again