UPDATED Current Flooded Areas & Forecasts

Theesa baan nathon flooded

tesco lotus nathon flooded

opposite bigc this morning over 1 meter deep this morning

the market dao near lamdin is closed. water nearly 1.5 meters deep in some places and shops and massage pallour are deep in waters

near samui palme bach is high it.

Fishermans village.

a lorry block the road this morning near catex gas station this morning though it is clear now.

Last night banrak was without power all night manam some of the night bophut early moring.

All of this is just might site see on samui

flooding has started to ease though i am not sure whats install for tomorrow. all this in just a ew hours. so good luck all

no mention on BBC or CNN

also ferrys and airports are closed any news on people stuck on koh anthong and koh tao

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12.15 am.... Still raining on and off here in Maenam, heavy at times.... at 6 pm the water levels had receded here a fair bit, about 2 kms inland but I would guess the lower areas of Maenam got it all.... roads out of here not good, so I was told....

We'll see what the morrow brings....

Electric still OK in my area too.....

I live opposit Dao seafood market and the electricity was cut all day.

Have taken refuge at my office in IT complex for the night.

Can anybody confirm if there's electricity yet around dao seafood market? I'd really like to go home...

I live opposit Dao seafood market and the electricity was cut all day.

Have taken refuge at my office in IT complex for the night.

Can anybody confirm if there's electricity yet around dao seafood market? I'd really like to go home...

I live just behind Dao market. We had electricity between 8pm and midnight approximately. Now it is gone again. I couldn't get out of the house all afternoon and evening, because the water is around 1 m. deep everywhere. I heard Talad Dow and Laem Din are even worse, so unless you have a boat, it's best to stay in Lamai...

Yeah, the water was deep. I had to wade my way out.

However, there is really just a small area in front and around the market because it's especially lowland at these places. It's the water from the nearby lakes which overflows into the area in front and around the seafood market.

If you go towards the Chinese temple, it's dry because of the higher grounds.

Also from the seafood market heading towards the ring road, the flood starts only just a bit from Ruang Thong pharmacy. It's mostly dry all the way to the ring road.

So there is still black-out in the area. Hmm.. good thing there were a bit electricity in the evening because I got stuff in my freezer and is worried of spoilage.

Thanks for the quick reply.

However, there is really just a small area in front and around the market because it's especially lowland at these places. It's the water from the nearby lakes which overflows into the area in front and around the seafood market.

Also from the seafood market heading towards the ring road, the flood starts only just a bit from Ruang Thong pharmacy. It's mostly dry all the way to the ring road.

So there is still black-out in the area. Hmm.. good thing there were a bit electricity in the evening because I got stuff in my freezer and is worried of spoilage.

I need to go out foraging today. Anyone know if the roads from Plai Lam to Tesco via Bang Rak and Bhoput are passable and if Chaweng Tesco open?? Thanks

I need to go out foraging today. Anyone know if the roads from Plai Lam to Tesco via Bang Rak and Bhoput are passable and if Chaweng Tesco open?? Thanks

To be honest, I would not drive out today (unless you have a tank).....there is more rain and flooding to come!!!

Rain as heavy as I have seen it in Ban Tai - Torrents flowing down the valley - I agree not to go out today I imagine this am anyway a lot of the ring road will be undrivable -

Skies do look brighter though so perhaps clearer weather coming /

I did a run from Plai Laem to Tesco at 7.30 - no problem (apart from the poor bikers having to negotiate the new 'rivers' and mud piles!

Sorry - forgot to say that I went via the Ghost Road.

BTW the road between the 7/11 at Big Buddha and Choengmon is still closed at the BB end :(

Edited by Tropicalevo

To be honest, I would not drive out today (unless you have a tank).....there is more rain and flooding to come!!!

I think you're right, I will go to the local shop. The lights are flickering so may be another power cut shortly.

Not wishing to be a Harbinger of doom but looking at the TMD Synoptic charts there seems to be another low pressure area off S. Vietnam which could follow.

Intermittent heavy rains on Koh Phangan all morning, our driveway is, as always, a small river. the stream next to our house is flowing fast but near the top. waves don't seem any bigger, perhaps a bit smaller. Haven't gotten out of the house yet this morning but I expect the usual low lying areas to be under water.

post-4641-0-69523000-1288754840_thumb.jp

post-4641-0-31915300-1288754954_thumb.jp

Intermittent heavy rains here all morning, our driveway is, always, a small river. the stream next to our house is flowing fast but near the top. waves don't seem any bigger, perhaps a bit smaller. Haven't gotten out of the house yet this morning but I expect the usual low lying areas to be under water.

post-4641-0-69523000-1288754840_thumb.jp

post-4641-0-31915300-1288754954_thumb.jp

stay away from chaweng. they are taking boats down to get people.this post is at 11 am today

Sorry for late reply. Actually last night on CNN business today at after 8:30 pm the weather lady maury said about Thailand and post 4 cities including kho Samui about rain. She said at least around our areas expect heavy rain Wednesday and Thursday. Also she said within the last 24 hours we got 190 mm of rain

Also coming from bophut to big c at least 2 - 3 feet water do not attempt to drive. Everyone be careful and safe.

Wow I hope everyone is ok down there. I moved from Samui to Bangkok 3 weeks ago and have never experienced the rainy season down there (after not having one last year). Keep your strength up and if theres anything we can do for you let us know.

My Father in law reports that the water on the road in front of the Ban Tai (Koh PHangan) 7-11 is knee deep. I haven't left the house as the stream that runs past our house nearly overflowed its banks after the last heavy rains

Chaweng road is now closed off ( as if you where coming from tesco ) about 100 mtrs before the lake road turn off , water looks very deep there . Also still no power :( ... Also outside thai inter has turned into some mad river rapids , hope the bridge and road stay stable

A cousin reports the road to the amphur from thong sala is flooded- rain has slowed considerably and the skies seem less dark. Fingers crossed

anyone has pictures from Samui at the moment? and what about the south? (Thong Krut and Laem Sor...)

A cousin reports the road to the amphur from thong sala is flooded- rain has slowed considerably and the skies seem less dark. Fingers crossed

anyone has pictures from Samui at the moment? and what about the south? (Thong Krut and Laem Sor...)

Thong Krut area is OK at this time and drivable